Betpoints: 10

I Hope Houston Wins It This Weekend

Then Larussa fired Monday

He is one of the worst managers , very low IQ and dumb

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I would love to see it happen - because I hate St Louis fans almost as much as Yankee fans.
    St Louis fans and their 'i'm a sophisticated fan' horsepucky gets under my skin...

Although - I would MUCH rather have my Mutts face StL, if it happened, in the playoffs, than Houston.
    I got a REAL bad feeling that Houston would roll the Mutts up in a 7 game series with all that starting pitching (playing Pettite in the playoffs is not a pleasant thing, even if he's almost washed up - the guy is a big game pitcher).

Thankfully, Philly is about to die... I REALLY wouldn't want to play them, either, due to their starting pitching, also.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Just took Hou and Minn to win the division at Wsex.

blue rhino
    blue rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would love to see the Astros beat out those Cards

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Does anyone see value with Houston to win the NL Pennant at +827 at Pinnacle, with +153 to win the NL Central. I would have Houston favored against all three of the other NL teams in a series, so if I were to place a bet I would put it on Houston to win the NL Pennant at +827.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat
    Does anyone see value with Houston to win the NL Pennant at +827 at Pinnacle, with +153 to win the NL Central. I would have Houston favored against all three of the other NL teams in a series, so if I were to place a bet I would put it on Houston to win the NL Pennant at +827.

I think there's good value man...
    If they beat out the Cards they have a very good chance of winning the NL pennant imo..
    It would be Oswalt, Clemens, Petitte, vs Glavine, Traschel, Hernandez, Maine...
    Not to mention how good the "hot" teams do in the MLB playoffs year in and year out...

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

LaRussa is an idiot, can't argue that.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I'd like Houston to do the upset

spliff
    spliff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    He is one of the worst managers , very low IQ and dumb
    IMO this describes Houston manager Scrap Iron Garner.

RabidDog
    RabidDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

whats up with the !/2 game difference does St. Loise have to make that game up.. If they are with in 1/2 at the end...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Word out of St. Louis is that if Cards blow it he is fired.

Yes!!!

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by RabidDog
    whats up with the !/2 game difference does St. Loise have to make that game up.. If they are with in 1/2 at the end...
    The half game is only there now because they've played one less game than Houston. If they lose that game, they will be tied with Houston, if they win it then they will be a game ahead. Since all the teams play an equal number of games over the course of the season, the half game is irrelevant come the end of the season.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Naturally, I'm pulling for the Astros to win the division as well. That said...

a) While I don't know the exact number, I'm willing to wager a dollar to a doughnut that if LaRussa's IQ is 'low,' that means that most of us here at this board are retards. The man might have made some bad decisions on the diamond recently, but he's nowhere near 'dumb.'

b) That also applies to Garner, the dumb part, at least. He might be 'Tennessee country,' but that doesn't mean dumb. Well, it doesn't unless you're the type of person that confuses character and intelligence with geography and ethnicity.

c) The only way the Astros face the Mets in Round 1 of the playoffs is if the Phillies win the wildcard. MLB playoffs are set up so that two teams from the same division NEVER face each other in the LDS round. The team with the best record faces the wildcard team, unless they're from the same division. Looking at the standings this morning, the Mets would face the Dodgers while the Cardinals (as a 3-seed) would face the Padres (as the two seed).

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off coach... I don't think he will be fired on Monday if there playing that makeup game

The Cardinals started going down hill when Puljos went on the DL with that oblique injury in June. Thats really when this team started playing like shit if you go back and look at the standings. Then just when you think there about ready to kick it up a notch, they end up trading for that clubhouse cancer Jeff Weaver, and thats when it started really going down hill for them.

During that 7 game losing streak they just went thru recently. The media pointed out alot of interesting little tid bits about the Larussa and the rest of the coaching staff. Normally I wouldn't really think much of that at all, but when Larussa started making up outragous excuses on a daily basis during that losing streak you knew what was comming in regards to blowing the division.

RabidDog

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    The half game is only there now because they've played one less game than Houston. If they lose that game, they will be tied with Houston, if they win it then they will be a game ahead. Since all the teams play an equal number of games over the course of the season, the half game is irrelevant come the end of the season.

No,
    They both have 3 games left, and St Louis has played one less game Houston.. It's due to rain out during the season, I believe it's from the San Fran game on Sept. 17.. So does anyone know what they are going to do if they are within a half game of each other at the end..

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Yes, you might be right. Not that I'm saying I'm wrong.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

So does anyone know what they are going to do if they are within a half game of each other at the end..
    Yeah, the Cards and Giants were rained out in St Louis on Sep 17. If the Astros and Cardinals are a half-game apart at the end of play this Sunday, the SF-StL game will be made up at Busch on Monday (Oct 2). If the result of that game puts Houston and St. Louis into a tie for the NLC, those two will play it off on Tuesday (Oct 3) in Houston.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

No,
    They both have 3 games left, and St Louis has played one less game Houston.. It's due to rain out during the season, I believe it's from the San Fran game on Sept. 17.. So does anyone know what they are going to do if they are within a half game of each other at the end..
    My take:

Rainout games aren't scratches. They are always supposed to be made up. Sometimes, if they happen late in the season and they are too inconvenient and completely meaningless, they don't bother making up the game. But in this case, if it ends up not being meaningless, they would have to make up the rainout game.

After that game, the regular season would be complete and there wouldn't be half game separation in the divisional standings. There would either be an outright winner or a tie (and a need for a tie-breaking game).

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Willie

RabidDog

thanks, Willie and Mud!!!!

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat
    Holy smokes - that's sick value.
    It's still really hard for them to get in (1/2 game to go with 3 to play? that's a lot this time of the year) - but if they do get in, they almost definitly would have to be the favorite in the NL.
    There's no way they go out in the first round with that pitching, unless they are just spent.

RabidDog

Have money on Houston for the Central and Pennant it's great value..

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm really surprised with how bad St. Louis is struggling right now...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its over now

Cards basically have it