SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ben Burns: Rangers-Mariners Over 9½

Rangers-Mariners Over 9½

Game Time: 9/29/2006 10:05:00 PM
    By: Ben Burns
    http://www.who2beton.com

The pitching matchup suggests a lot of offense tonight in Seattle where the Mariners host the Rangers.

Ryan Feierabend, called up from Double-A San Antonio a few weeks ago, made his first major league start Sunday. Although he did manage to pitch six complete innings, he wasn't particularly impressive as he and the Mariners took the loss by allowing eight hits, three walks and five earned runs (7.50 ERA, 1.833 WHIP).

Texas' starting hurler Vincente Padilla also lost his last outing, giving up six earned runs in just five innings. Padilla pitched well against the Mariners back in April. However, he is still 0-3 with a 5.48 ERA against them for his career.

It's also worth noting that Padilla won't have the benefit of closer Akinori Otsuka behind him since Otsuka was officially 'shut down' on Wednesday due to persistent migraine headaches. Considering the meaningless nature of tonight's game and that the over is 30-15 (9-5 this season) the last 45 times that the Rangers had the previous day off, let's expect a relatively high-scoring affair.

Play: Rangers-Mariners Over 9½

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Padilla will shut down Seattle tonight. I like Texas and the under.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I like the M's tonight.