hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

Strasburg ML -144?

I'd like someone to tell me why this is so low. Every other Strasburg line I've seen this year is always around -200.

They're up against Minor who has been dreadful, serving up HR after HR. Washington is 4-0 at Turner Field this year and Strasburg has already beaten them twice.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

got me..i thought braves would get the much needed W today..normally id say something about nats vs lefties but they have seen so many lately and have starting producing much more..hard not to play stras at that price..

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Third time around a team sees your stuff, dominance level diminishes slightly. The line is correct. Braves may surprise tomorrow. No play or the Under 8.5 is a better play.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Washington on the road versus Atlanta Braves. How much higher can the line possibly be?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Third time around a team sees your stuff, dominance level diminishes slightly. The line is correct. Braves may surprise tomorrow. No play or the Under 8.5 is a better play.
    while i dont disagree with your 1st statement im confused that you would think under is the play if you think Bravos will get to stras, are you suggesting minor outduels him something like 4-2?

sergiudec
    sergiudec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

I'll stay out of this one .

TheBack
    TheBack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Just keep in mind in Stras last start he hit a batter in the head and looked like he was shaken up himself. After he hit the batter it looked like Stras stopped throwing inside to batters. Which lead him to be hit an he allowed 2 runs in that inning.

Wonder if he will still be weary of pitching inside to batters after seeing one of his upper 90's heat crack a guy in the head. Something to keep an eye on.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheBack View Post
    Just keep in mind in Stras last start he hit a batter in the head and looked like he was shaken up himself. After he hit the batter it looked like Stras stopped throwing inside to batters. Which lead him to be hit an he allowed 2 runs in that inning.

Wonder if he will still be weary of pitching inside to batters after seeing one of his upper 90's heat crack a guy in the head. Something to keep an eye on.
    4sure def something to watch..imho yea it certainly fazed him right after the fact but think he will have the mental toughness to shake it off throughout the week....either way im passing on this one..

davefast007
    davefast007's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree with MAGIC, 3rd time around...

fastball has been levelling out behind the count in last few starts...the line is correct no edge there...

favored yes.....but unsafe ANGELS have edge on mound and at plate...-113 now on pinny will rise to -125 for sure by gametime

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

strasburg's last road lines against teams above .500:

-146 @ Jays
    +101 @ Boston
    -119 @ Atlanta
    -156 @ Pittsburgh
    -117 @ Dodgers
    -117 @ Mets

seems pretty fair to me

hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

That would lead me to believe the over should be mashed, or the best bet of staying away altogether. I don't see Minor throwing a gem, he has to win to stay in the rotation. Thanks for the input guys.

Yankees and Twins (Game 1) seem to be better looks from what I see.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14022

minor/see aaron cook beats seattle