jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Tuesday plays...

Trying something new - playing my own picks. No tailing tomorrow. Original, eh?

LAA at BAL

Joe Saunders going for LAA vs. Adam Eaton for the O's. I think LAA is reaching a critical mass early in the season. I know they've had injury issues and a tragedy to deal with. That needs to be put in the past. They've had serious starting pitching problems, but that's not the case tomorrow. This is a big early road trip for the Angels. They've got a good matchup advantage on the mound (fade Adam Eaton in effect). I think they will be very focused and intent to get this trip off to a fast start. I'm playing:

LAA -127

NYY at DET

The Yankees are in a funk. They back Burnett with double digit runs vs the Beckett led Sox on Saturday and manage to lose. Then they can't score any runs the next night out and waste a nice effort by Pettitte. Last night - same story. Couldn't give CC any support. Tuesday they are bringing Phil Hughes up to face a Tigers team that is finding it's groove. They've hammered Hughes in the past (who hasn't?). Detroit counters with Edwin Jackson who I think is becoming their ace. Tough spot for a Yankees team that can't get out of their own way right now. Good price on Detroit, too considering. I'm playing:

DET -110

LAD at SFG

We've got Dodger ace Billingsly facing young lefty Jonathan Sanchez. Billingsley has been simply dominating thus far. His stats are amazing - 3-0 with a 1.77 ERA and a .84 WHIP. Early Cy Young favorite. This one's a no brainer, right?
    Wrong. Billingsley is an excellent pitcher, but he's due for a bit of a stat correction tomorrow. Sanchez is a nasty, lanky, awkward lefty that can give any lineup fits. He's had some tough luck so far but his future is bright. I think for the price this one is a good value. I might even wait and see if all the sqares drive it up even more. For now, I'm playing:

SFG +145

Two other matchups I really like are MIL over PITT and COL over SDP. Neither one of those numbers are acceptable right now though. PIT is throwing Malholm who I'm looking at in a similar way to Billingsley - due for a stat correction (as maybe the Pirates are in general). MIL handles lefties well and Bush almost threw a no-no last time out. COL I like because of the pitching matchup. De La Rosa is similar to Sanchez in some respects. Great stuff. Good matchup against SDP's left handed strength. I think I'll wait these out and maybe parlay them for a unit.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by jellobiafra; 04-27-09 at 11:35 PM. Reason: DET line moved from -114 to -110 when I booked it

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Just an update for the record, I booked a 2-teamer COL/MIL +186. 4 plays total today all for 1 unit each. Good luck people.

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Good luck to you today jello, smash the books!