Cyclone
    Cyclone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Stupid Question About Baseball Betting

I see something in the lines called "Away Runs" and "Home Runs". Is that an over / under on the total numbers of runs scored by the road teams and the home teams? Does it make sense that those numbers would be the same?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone
    I see something in the lines called "Away Runs" and "Home Runs". Is that an over / under on the total numbers of runs scored by the road teams and the home teams? Does it make sense that those numbers would be the same?
    I think you are referring to the bet called the "grand salami" which is basially as it reads. Here are the rules from Pinnacle:

Baseball Grand Salami:

The Baseball Grand Salami will be decided by the total runs scored in all major-league games scheduled for that day.

All scheduled games must go at least 9 innings (8.5 if the home team is winning). If any scheduled game is canceled or stopped before the completion of 8.5 innings, all wagers on the Baseball Grand Salami will be canceled.

No pitchers will be listed for the Grand Salami; all wagers will have action regardless of the starting pitchers.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Never a stupid question Cyclone.

Its the same number, different vig/juice. Just like a total in a game. Making one of them the favorable number.

OWNED - I dont think he is talking about the Grand Salami.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Post a screenshot of what you're talking about.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve
    Post a screenshot of what you're talking about.
    I know what he is talking about, I will post one as soon as I see Pinny put it up for tomorrow's slate of games.

Its a type of Grand Salami. Just one for "away" teams, and one for "home" teams for the day.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I know what he is talking about, I will post one as soon as I see Pinny put it up for tomorrow's slate of games.

Its a type of Grand Salami. Just one for "away" teams, and one for "home" teams for the day.
    Oh, is it a type of team total for all the road teams? I've never seen that if that's the case.

Cyclone
    Cyclone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm sorry, I don't have enough knowledge to post a screenshot. This was at Pinnacle. Today, that number was 143.5, which seems pretty high. I think it would only make sense if that is the total runs scored by all teams today. I don't understand why they would list "away" and "home" separately, yet both have 143.5.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

In this instance, Cyclone, you are talking about the Grand Salami the total for all runs today.

Pinnacle show 3 wagers for Home vs Away the 1st column is a spread handicap the 2nd is the ML and the 3rd is the total runs scored for all games. The 1st and 2nd column pit the all Home teams vs all Away teams. All games must go at least 8.5 innings if the home team is winning according to Pinnacle rules.