remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

detroits getting the hits but it ain't working

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

how can you not score with a lead off double?

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Because Verlander is pitching. He could be -200 and people would take the bait. Truth is, he's barely above .500 in his career vs. the Tribe with an ERA of like 4.8.

Does Cleveland have more talent than Detroit? No. Is Cleveland a better team than Detroit right now? Without question.
    What do his career numbers have anything to do with it? Ask yourself a very simple question, of the 10 players on each team is starting today, which set of 10 players collectively is better? I am pretty sure the line tells you the answer that CLEV is not the better team today.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    What do his career numbers have anything to do with it? Ask yourself a very simple question, of the 10 players on each team is starting today, which set of 10 players collectively is better? I am pretty sure the line tells you the answer that CLEV is not the better team today.
    Because the better team is always the winning team in baseball?

You will die a slow and painfull death in this sport taking -165 road faves.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

No offense, the Indians are not a better team than the Tigers. Just b/c they have a better record does not mean they are better. If they are the better team, why are they such big underdogs this afternoon?
    Tigers are the better team, however I am not going to crap on the Tribe, but they do have Shelly Duncan starting in the outfield, that's pretty much four outs right there.

Tribe has been overachieving all season, I applaud their efforts, Kipnis is rapidly developing into an all star type second baseman, As-Cab at short is one of the best in the league at that position, Hafner refuses to age, Choo is a quality hitter, Carlos Santana can flat out rake, calls a pretty good game these days, when he's not DH'ing, but Marson is death at the plate, I love Kotchman's heart, but he's soft at the plate too, will surprise you every now and then, but face it, Kotchman is soft.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit has cost themselves 1 maybe two runs with bad baseball. They must be drinking the same gatorade the Lions drowned themselves in this past year. For the second night in a row Miggy costs the team a run.

You can handicap till the cows come home but stupid baseball will render that a waste in a hurry.

billysink

The Tribe wins because of their approach at the plate and the ability to trot out an all lefty lineup.

Last I checked they lead all of MLB in bases on balls by a large margin.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    You can handicap till the cows come home but stupid baseball will render that a waste in a hurry.
    Spot on, you can't give a team four outs with errors, and you can't run yourself out of innings.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

another lead off double...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Detroit has cost themselves 1 maybe two runs with bad baseball. They must be drinking the same gatorade the Lions drowned themselves in this past year. For the second night in a row Miggy costs the team a run.

They've been playing stupid baseball all season long.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    another lead off double...
    Tigers are croaking Masterson, may win despite their stupidity.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

tie game!

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Because the better team is always the winning team in baseball?

You will die a slow and painfull death in this sport taking -165 road faves.
    This is one of those cliches that does not hold water. So if this is the case, why not quit your job and just bet against it each time?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This is one of those cliches that does not hold water. So if this is the case, why not quit your job and just bet against it each time?
    The point isn't to take the other side all the time -- the point is to avoid faves over -150 on the road altogether. Or do you have no discipline? Do you have to bet a -165 road fave just because it's the only day game?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

we get it, you are frustrated with the tigers. go away and stop trolling. you are fuckin annoying.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

The point isn't to take the other side all the time -- the point is to avoid faves over -150 on the road altogether. Or do you have no discipline? Do you have to bet a -165 road fave just because it's the only day game?
    You're changing the topic. Do you have any evidence that road favs > -150 are less profitable than say road favs < -130 or any price range for any situation. You're just parroting betting cliches about what not to bet. What if I handicap the game and Verlander and the Tigers should really be -190 instead of -165...should I avoid it because it violates the "no road favorite of > 150.

The point is handicap each game individually and find value, road fav, road dog, home fav, home dog....it does not matter. There is no easy system out there.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    we get it, you are frustrated with the tigers. go away and stop trolling. you are fuckin annoying.
    How is this "trolling"?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Took Detroit

I am a sucker

billysink

They've been playing stupid baseball all season long.
    agreed

BuddyBear
    Update your status

The better question I should really ask is, What's the point of handicapping if there are already fixed rules out there like this? No?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You're changing the topic. Do you have any evidence that road favs > -150 are less profitable than say road favs < -130 or any price range for any situation. You're just parroting betting cliches about what not to bet. What if I handicap the game and Verlander and the Tigers should really be -190 instead of -165...should I avoid it because it violates the "no road favorite of > 150.

The point is handicap each game individually and find value, road fav, road dog, home fav, home dog....it does not matter. There is no easy system out there.
    Do you know how often you have to hit making a profit betting faves of -150 or more -- especially on the road?

If you handicapped Verlander to be -190 today, well, all I can do is wish you luck. The point isn't whether or not Detroit wins this game -- I honestly think they do personally in the end -- the point is you're taking them at -165, which is a bad number to gamble on.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The better question I should really ask is, What's the point of handicapping if there are already fixed rules out there like this? No?
    I didn't say there are "fixed" rules -- I'm just saying it's damn hard to win betting baseball when you're laying that kind of chalk on the road long term. Don't you see all of the threads on this board bitching about baseball and how "hard" it is to bet on?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

How is this "trolling"?
    you are trying to tell people your shit don't stink.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Tigers are whore shit. Dead bats, bullpen is shit, silly mistake after silly mistake.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you know how often you have to hit making a profit betting faves of -150 or more -- especially on the road?

If you handicapped Verlander to be -190 today, well, all I can do is wish you luck. The point isn't whether or not Detroit wins this game -- I honestly think they do personally in the end -- the point is you're taking them at -165, which is a bad number to gamble on.
    Bullshit.

It's about finding value no matter the number. You're a self admitted big time losing gambler, but yet we're suppose to believe your statements hold any water? Come on. I rarely bet favorites over -120, but today I'm on Detroit, because it's a great spot to lay the big number.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

you are trying to tell people your shit don't stink.
    I am? Just because I don't think Detroit -165 is a good play? What?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    Bullshit.

It's about finding value no matter the number. You're a self admitted big time losing gambler, but yet we're suppose to believe your statements hold any water? Come on. I rarely bet favorites over -120, but today I'm on Detroit, because it's a great spot to lay the big number.

Link?

110% false.

billysink

Kahner

All viewpoints welcome here, I don't see No C as a troll. Dude knows more than a bit about the game.

A bit of point/counterpoint is good for all of us.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Kahner

All viewpoints welcome here, I don't see No C as a troll. Dude knows more than a bit about the game.

I'm not saying I'm right all the time. Far from it. I just took Detroit live at -110 a while back because that is a good number. -165 is not in my book -- not given the way this team is playing. Some of you act like the number is irrelevant. It's not.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Link?

110% false.
    You've posted time and time again...you cannot win sports betting. And every thread you seem to have ever kept a record in has been down A LOT of units quickly.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

I am? Just because I don't think Detroit -165 is a good play? What?
    Kahner

listen, if you wanna have a discussion about the game, do it before the game starts not after. especially after a lead off homerun, oh please...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    You've posted time and time again...you cannot win sports betting. And every thread you seem to have ever kept a record in has been down A LOT of units quickly.
    Like my current NBA and MLB threads chief?

I've "posted time and time again" that I'm a "big time losing gambler"? Where?

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Indians will play inspired ball in front of 6-7 THOUSAND fans today
    Sad, but true. Was a decade ago place would be filled with SRO tickets selling briskly.

Today, just not the same. Beautiful day in cleveland (by Cleveland standards) and no one.

Fwiw- on tribe and under, 7 and 7.5 - original bet 7 and heritage hung a 7.5 briefly before gametime so doubled up.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

listen, if you wanna have a discussion about the game, do it before the game starts not after. especially after a lead off homerun, oh please...
    Who are you to tell me what I can and can't post about?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Like my current NBA and MLB threads chief?

I've "posted time and time again" that I'm a "big time losing gambler"? Where?
    Not trolling but your thread with Canuck was a failure. Chasing with multiple units and burial after burial.

First 123456 Last