frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Maybe the Texas Rangers just aren't that good of a team

Ever since they got done with that streak against teams over .500 and finally get a streak against teams under .500 they have sucked.

Swept by Kansas City, split with Oakland, blew a game vs. Houston and looking like they are going to lose a series here against the Mariners.

This is when an elite team should turn up the heat and string off some wins, not play below .500 ball.

No one on this team is producing right now apart from the 2-3-4 hitters Andrus/Hamilton/Beltre. Everyone else is having a miserable time and going through a slump. A part of me wants to say they will all break out of it, but another part says they are just going back to their usual numbers.

Pitching has been lousy lately also. Too inconsistent.

I say fade the Rangers until their lineup starts to produce more. The Rangers are still always high moneyline favorties so there is some value picking against them until they either turn around or the betting public finds out they aren't that good.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Not so hot anymore, coming back to the pack

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

josh is back on the sheeeet. The reds were geniuses to get rid of him

vikingfan101
    vikingfan101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Good team, good lineup but the problem with this team seems to be they are either all hot or all cold. There really isnt an in between.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfan101 View Post
    Good team, good lineup but the problem with this team seems to be they are either all hot or all cold. There really isnt an in between.
    Cruz and Napoli have been cold for a month now. So has Michael Young and Ian Kinsler. That's 4 spots in the order that haven't produced at all since that Rays series back in April.

vikingfan101
    vikingfan101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

That will certainly kill a lineup. I bet the series and took Rangers, even as cold as they are I figured they could handle the lowly Mariners. Guess not. Certainly a team you have to watch closely as the general public will bet them most days and you should be able to pick up good + spreads on teams they are facing.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

A lot of games in this sport, MLB has good portion of nothing but streaks and situations where one can take an advantage. Any you're right about fading at this point, it started a while back..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I stopped taking them

They seem flat

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

If a team gets blanked by Millwood then it's time to fade them...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Best team in baseball by a mile. Best team in baseball will lose more than a 1/3 of their games. No need to panic.

You just have to understand that if you are going to bet the Rangers, you are going to pay a premium b/c their lines will be inflated. May be worth avoiding till they get back on track.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's funny if you look at their stats, leading in BA & 3rd in ERA ... you'd figure they would be absolutely dominant. Something doesn't smell right. I think their offense is too heavily reliant on Hamilton carrying them. I think his stats alone make the team stats look good, but guys like Young, Cruz, and Napoli really have not had great seasons. Offense is really the reason they are slumping. They had some big games early in May, but haven't scored more than six in their last ten and are scoring four or less routinely lately. Pitching hasn't been bad, but Holland and Harrison have not been very consistent and the Feliz injury may really hurt although Feldman is decent in that swing spot. I just think the Rangers might regret not burying the rest of the division early when they really should have.

hardball
    hardball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

2nd best start to a Rangers season ever.

7 games ahead of their pace from last year.

1st place by 5 games.

They will be fine, long season. Need rest and a good booze bender.

I do think you're right though, they have been and always will be overpriced this season.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

funny how a month ago people were suggesting you'd be a fool to back anyone against texas, a lot of short sighted people on this board.

texas are a 100 win team this year, if youre brave enough to try and pick each of the 38% (at most) of games they will lose this season, best of luck to you. there are a few teams i dont bother trying to tail, and texas is one that i dont bother trying to fade, best team in the majors

heck_nasty
    heck_nasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Def will lose you money most of the time.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by hardball View Post
    2nd best start to a Rangers season ever.

7 games ahead of their pace from last year.

1st place by 5 games.

They will be fine, long season. Need rest and a good booze bender.

I do think you're right though, they have been and always will be overpriced this season.

This