Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

whatever happened to Hank Blalock?

Guy used to be a stud 3rd baseman for Texas, never forget the homer he hit of Gagne in the all star game

Guy just disappeared off the face of the earth

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Major league pitchers figured him out... couldn't hit lefties worth a damn. Also had a hard time with breaking pitches, was a fastball hitter. Kind of like Pedro Cerrano in Major League. Rangers let him go when they figured Elvis Andrus was SS of future moving Young to 3B.

A personal Hank story...when I was in high school I worked at Rangers Ballpark and Hank Blalock's wife was having their child at the hospital. I worked parking and post games we did traffic control. After the game he comes speeding out of the player's lot in a hummer and ran through the police barricade before having to slam the brakes at the cross walk when about 200 people were crossing the street. The police of course run up to his hummer to arrest the guy and he sticks his head out the window yelling "IM A FUKKING PLAYER!!" at the people crossing the street and the cops. Of course with all the people crossing the street he couldn't go anywhere. So he is sitting there throwing a tantrum and reving his engine and honking his horn and stuff as the police just kind of sit there. Finally he gets his chance to go and peels out and goes 100 MPH down Ballpark Way.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Major league pitchers figured him out... couldn't hit lefties worth a damn. Also had a hard time with breaking pitches, was a fastball hitter. Kind of like Pedro Cerrano in Major League. Rangers let him go when they figured Elvis Andrus was SS of future moving Young to 3B.

A personal Hank story...when I was in high school I worked at Rangers Ballpark and Hank Blalock's wife was having their child at the hospital. I worked parking and post games we did traffic control. After the game he comes speeding out of the player's lot in a hummer and ran through the police barricade before having to slam the brakes at the cross walk when about 200 people were crossing the street. The police of course run up to his hummer to arrest the guy and he sticks his head out the window yelling "IM A FUKKING PLAYER!!" at the people crossing the street and the cops. Of course with all the people crossing the street he couldn't go anywhere. So he is sitting there throwing a tantrum and reving his engine and honking his horn and stuff as the police just kind of sit there. Finally he gets his chance to go and peels out and goes 100 MPH down Ballpark Way.
    great fukkin story!

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

Same thing that happened to Brady Anderson ..no more juice.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Might be saying this about Albert Pujols soon . Guy is batting 202 0 hrs with 5 rbi's

mh217

Nah pujols has skills..just a rough patch.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    Same thing that happened to Brady Anderson ..no more juice.
    Don't think Blalock ever juiced, never really had a monster HR year... a bunch of good ones but no great ones. He was just a typical left handed pull hitter who couldn't adjust his swing to make up for pitchers adjusting to him

mh217

Maybe so but you don't need to have hit a bunch of homers to have been juicing..whole league was juicing..some bounced back off of it better than others

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Injuries... wikipedia says he's a free agent. Must be weird to be 31 years old ex baseball player. wonder what he does every day now

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Officially retired living in San Diego:

http://dalzellgroup.com/former-mlb-a...al-video/3425/