JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves WILL win today with Jurrjens on the mound... Take Atalnta(thread from '08)

Atlanta -142..

GOOD LUCK!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Jr. You seem to be a cool kat, but you can't kepp betting with your heart. Braves can't win on the road. I'm tired of telling u. Please stop throwing money away just becuse they should win in your mind. Wait until they prove some wins on the road first.

So many great games to worry about them today. Pirates are on a big win streak playing great ball stay away buddy.

Trust me I have lost over and over with Padres.

Francis Sollozzo
    Francis Sollozzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

JRS , I'm pulling for you! just hope you arent chasing that 10% loser from yesterday

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I hate the Tigers for trading him.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Here you go JR. GL buddy

The Pittsburgh Pirates are rolling -- and another home game against the Atlanta Braves might help them keep their winning streak going.

The Pirates will be trying for their longest winning streak in nearly four years on Sunday when they continue their four-game series with the Atlanta Braves.

Pittsburgh (17-19) beat the Braves 5-3 on Saturday for their fifth straight win. The Pirates haven't won six straight since winning 10 in a row June 26-July 5, 2004.

"We've been playing good baseball," manager John Russell told the Pirates' official team Web site. "I think you have to attribute it to our starting pitching. They have been throwing the ball very well, and (Tom) Gorzelanny did a great job tonight."

Gorzelanny lasted 7 1-3 innings and shut out the Braves after allowing Mark Teixeira's first inning, two-run homer. Jason Bay homered and doubled for the Pirates and is hitting 7-for-14 over his last four games.

Bay has hit six of his seven homers at PNC Park, where he had hit only 46 of his 118 career home runs coming into this season.

"It's nice when you see the ball well in your own ballpark, where you play 81 times," Bay said. "I don't have an answer for it, but I'm not going to question it."

The Pirates, who have won six straight at home, improved to 4-1 against the Braves (18-17) this season. Atlanta, which entered this series on the heels of a 6-0 homestand, has dropped six straight on the road and own the majors' worst road mark at 4-13.

"The longer this continues, the more pressure builds," center fielder Mark Kotsay told the Braves' site. "I think everybody is putting a little too much pressure on themselves at this point."

The Braves are hoping they have more success against Zach Duke (1-2, 4.60 ERA), who will be trying to build on his first win in nearly a year.

Duke allowed three runs in 7 1-3 innings of Tuesday's 12-6 victory over San Francisco. Duke, who was out with left elbow tightness for more than two months last season, was winless in his first six starts this season and 12 since his last victory on June 12 against Texas.

Tuesday's outing was his longest since he went eight innings in a 3-0 win over the Mets on Sept. 17, 2006.

"It's been a little while, but better late than never," Duke told the Pirates' site. "It's just been a journey through the past six months to a year."

Duke is 1-2 with a 3.38 ERA in four career starts against the Braves. He went 5 2-3 innings and yielded three runs and 10 hits in Pittsburgh's 10-inning, 4-3 win in Atlanta on April 3.

Atlanta counters with Jair Jurrjens (4-2, 2.84), who is trying to win his fourth straight decision. The 22-year-old right-hander gave up just one run and matched his career high with eight strikeouts in six innings of Tuesday's 5-3 win over San Diego.

Jurrjens is in his first full season in the majors and has gone at least six innings in each of his last six starts.

"He's been tremendous this year," teammate Chipper Jones said. "Words can't describe how good he's been and how solid and consistent."

Jurrjens made his Atlanta debut against Pittsburgh on April 2, allowing two runs in 5 1-3 innings of a 10-2 win at Turner Field.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Thanks for the advice guys.. and i actually have money on a few games today... and NO i am not chasing yesterdays loss.. lol

Francis Sollozzo
    Francis Sollozzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thunder showers on/off rain , dont you hate it ?

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Yeah sucks... especially cause this is the last time they see the Pirates this year... They're going to have to get it in somehow..

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

not sure if they r gonna get it done, looks real bad here in pittsburgh and say its gonna last all day mostly

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    Yeah sucks... especially cause this is the last time they see the Pirates this year... They're going to have to get it in somehow..
    You have a game Monday, maybe they will play a double header.

U can take Braves to win both lol

JRS21386
    The Oracle

lol yeah i dont know... may be some better games to take tomorrow.. thats true but they say the weather is going to be just as bad tomorrow..

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

They will try to get this in. Just spoke with my Dad in PA he stated it should stop for about 3 hours before raining again. I'm sure they will try.

This does change everything for both teams with the pictures waiting around. Ths game is a coin toss if they do get it in.

GL

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Yeah i will agree with that.. No telling.. With the heavy air too it will be difficult for Jurrjens to get the movement he usually has on his slider and breaking pitch..

AlienKill
    AlienKill's Avatar Become A Pro!

braves can't win when it rains. last season i dont think they won a game when a drop of rain fell. i'm disappointed i picked the braves today because now i just gave my money away since its in a rain delay!

JRS21386
    The Oracle

It could go either way Kill... I wouldnt say they are a sure loss... Rain affects everyone on the field..

AlienKill

yeah thats true. i'll just wait it out and hope for the best.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Hey im on the same train you are... got a little cash on Atlanta so im hoping if they get it in they can play well... GL to you

ipickwinners

Quote Originally Posted by AlienKill View Post
    braves can't win when it rains. last season i dont think they won a game when a drop of rain fell. i'm disappointed i picked the braves today because now i just gave my money away since its in a rain delay!
    so since u knew that the braves cant win when it rains, and rain was in the forecst for today, like 90%.... why did u bet them? lol

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ipickwinners View Post
    so since u knew that the braves cant win when it rains, and rain was in the forecst for today, like 90%.... why did u bet them? lol

Good question, I would like the answer to that one!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

How is he going to maintain his balance with jurgens lotion allover the mound?

AlienKill

lol i live in the basement with no windows.. i woke up and picked the braves not knowing the weather. but who cares the game just got PPD

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    How is he going to maintain his balance with jurgens lotion allover the mound?

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Well thats good... Give the Braves one more day to figure out what the hell they need to do to win a game on the road..

ipickwinners

Quote Originally Posted by AlienKill View Post
    lol i live in the basement with no windows.. i woke up and picked the braves not knowing the weather. but who cares the game just got PPD
    ull never win money then, but hey its ur money

AlienKill

uhh what do you mean?

AlienKill

man had the indians and braves.. both got ppd. guess ill have nothing to look forward to when i gotta go to work

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

jr like i said in that one post just stick with my mets and you will keep winning. I know i said braves will finish 4th in the division, but i am changing that now. i think washington will finish ahead of them too. Braves roster looks like a minor league roster and that is with chipper on fire. Without chipper doing some miracle stuff they would of lost 5 more games and be in the cellar. Please dont keep betting on them, i really like you and dont want you to lose that whole bankroll on them. Right now just bet against seattle, bet on mets and white sox and you should increase bankroll

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

They should win today too !!!!!

Braves are 20-6 in Jurrjens' last 26 home starts.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Mets today

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

What a fukking bump.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

im on braves as well and the way i been running the past 2 days it seems everyone needs to get on mets so they win..LOL

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by 5teamparlay View Post
    They should win today too !!!!!

Braves are 20-6 in Jurrjens' last 26 home starts.
    Impressive...Might parlay Braves, STL & MIL then.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    jr like i said in that one post just stick with my mets and you will keep winning. I know i said braves will finish 4th in the division, but i am changing that now. i think washington will finish ahead of them too. Braves roster looks like a minor league roster and that is with chipper on fire. Without chipper doing some miracle stuff they would of lost 5 more games and be in the cellar. Please dont keep betting on them, i really like you and dont want you to lose that whole bankroll on them. Right now just bet against seattle, bet on mets and white sox and you should increase bankroll

Wow I was the last post and it still holds true bet against seattle and bet the mets

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    What a fukking bump.
    you laugh now, but in a week it will be irritating. he does this nonstop at another forum.. guy turns his underwear inside out before washing em as well.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Well if the Braves win this game today up 8 to 4 now. Its not because of Jurrjens on the mound its because the Braves offense showed up big today.

12 Last