5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Timely Hitting View Post
    Actually people at baseball prospectus think that clutch hitting is overrated, but they agree it exists.

I've watched the game, and played it, with my own eyes for 20 years. To say that it's all numbers is retarded. Some guys come up in big spots and come through more than others. They have a history of doing it. There's a reason that wherever guys like Manny go, the teams get better, and wherever certain other players go (with similar numbers), the teams get worse.

To simplify a game to just numbers, is retarded. If it was JUST numbers then handicapping would be the easiest thing in the world.

100% agree... good post

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

No wonder you can't pay your debts. Clueless.

5 star bomb

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    No wonder you can't pay your debts. Clueless.

wtf?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

It means you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to handicapping. Thus, you lose a lot of money betting games. Consequently, you cannot pay the debts that you are negligent in settling. Comprende, amigo?

5 star bomb

Monkey you couldnt be further from the truth... I have had great success with mlb capping. I do know what im talking about as does Timely Hitting

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Then why don't you pay your debts? I'd bet you that you have a losing season this year, but I know you're no good for such a wager.

Timely Hitting
    Timely Hitting's Avatar Become A Pro!

The point is that Manny isn't a clutch hitter. He's just a great hitter so he will be "clutch" more often than many others. Please give me one example of a player with similar numbers to Manny that had a negative impact on the performance of their team upon their arrival. Just one. You have no idea what you're talking about. It's not just having the numbers, it's knowing how to use them.
    Although I've loved him and supported him more than most, Alex Rodriguez would fit this billing. Every team he's left has gotten better, and every team he's gone to has gotten worse.

People who say Manny isn't a clutch hitter are retarded. How do you explain guys that have GREAT post season stats, and guys who don't.

Why did Michael Jordan hit more game winners than Vince Carter? Luck? I don't buy it. Attitudes are key in athletics.

Just like a guy can be a cancer in the club house and make your team worse, see TO, a guy can be a great player who struggles in big spots because he's not a pressure player. People feel pressure in all aspects of life and some have panic attacks and some step up and get better. That's life and baseball.

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Nathan better than Mo

Nathan is an elite closer but is not Mo. Although comparable at this stage in Mo's career he is not better.

5 star bomb

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    Nathan better than Mo

Nathan is an elite closer but is not Mo. Although comparable at this stage in Mo's career he is not better.

excatly... these guys saying Nathan is better arnt baseball guys

5 star bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Timely Hitting View Post
    Although I've loved him and supported him more than most, Alex Rodriguez would fit this billing. Every team he's left has gotten better, and every team he's gone to has gotten worse.

People who say Manny isn't a clutch hitter are retarded. How do you explain guys that have GREAT post season stats, and guys who don't.

Why did Michael Jordan hit more game winners than Vince Carter? Luck? I don't buy it. Attitudes are key in athletics.

Just like a guy can be a cancer in the club house and make your team worse, see TO, a guy can be a great player who struggles in big spots because he's not a pressure player. People feel pressure in all aspects of life and some have panic attacks and some step up and get better. That's life and baseball.

100% agree.... certain players have a swagger and a killer instinct which are wayyyyyy more important than stats. When MJ was on the floor there was 0000000000.1 % chance you would beat him in a BIG GAME. Jordan wouldnt let it happen. Manny is the BEST Playoff Hitter I have EVER seen

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

You two simply don't understand that Manny is one of the best hitters to ever play the game. He has also played for outstanding teams in which he had the opportunity to be in those situations. Comparing VC to MJ? Really? Please. The Yankees problems had almost nothing to do with A-Rod. They have had absolutely no pitching in his tenure there. If there is such thing as a clutch hitter, surely there must be one that isn't a great hitter normally, right? Who fits that bill?

Timely Hitting
    Timely Hitting's Avatar Become A Pro!

You two simply don't understand that Manny is one of the best hitters to ever play the game. He has also played for outstanding teams in which he had the opportunity to be in those situations. Comparing VC to MJ? Really? Please. The Yankees problems had almost nothing to do with A-Rod. They have had absolutely no pitching in his tenure there. If there is such thing as a clutch hitter, surely there must be one that isn't a great hitter normally, right? Who fits that bill?
    Joe Crede. Thanks. More game winning hits than anyone in baseball since 2005, and he's missed serious time. A career .250 hitter who stepped up and carried the Sox into the playoffs in 2005, and a guy whose numbers are drastically different in LIPS than they are in normal positions.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by 5 star bomb View Post
    excatly... these guys saying Nathan is better arnt baseball guys

Nathan right now is better. After Nathan retires, his stats will probably pale to Rivera, but we are talking about the present.

5 star bomb

Joe Crede... hahahaha. I agree he was pretty clutch with the Sox but PLEASE dont ever put him and A Rod in the same sentence ever again. Thanks

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Anyone still think Rivera's better than Nathan?

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Let's wait until 5sausagefingers pays off his debts before he answers.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Has been automatic lately-- should get save number 30
    In 2012 --

1-2-3

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by 5 star bomb View Post
    rjt721: Nathan better than Mo
    rjt721: joe nathan's a better closer than mariano rivera. fact.

rivera top 15 player all time

best reliever in the history of the game

i will say all those years I always thought Nathan was far and away the second best closer

First 12