fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Oakland As +185 rookie pitcher vs Dan Haren

Sounds like a stretch but i like the A's here. Haren has been hit so far by both Twins and KC , and actually if you look back at his 2011 post All Star #s , was basically only slightly above avg pitcher second half of season.

Tyson Ross is a 6'6" hard throwing rookie on the As, he has a live fastball and hard sinker. started only four games last year, all four were quality starts. one of which 7 shut out innigns in LA. former second round pick, rated #4 top prospect in As organization (Baseball America).

i get it that As offense has been pathetic, but i think they will put 5 or 6 lefties in lineup tonight vs Haren, who they beat twice last year. looking for them to scrape 5 runs together which should be enough.

BigBoi
    BigBoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Ross isnt a Rookie. He actually made a start against Haren and the Angels last season and won 2-1.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

correct, i noted that he threw few games last year and looked good. control problems in minors but very live fastball and sinker ball is the out pitch. down to +175 but still great value for a live arm vs aging ace where line is name inflated. Haren is a stud don't get me wrong, but last year his numbers were best in five years or so i don't think he repeats at 31/32 years old.