InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    whatever you do dont follow k13's advicephilly came back from 3-0 just two years ago....pitt is a beaten team but so was philly in 2010...youd wanna jump off a bridge if they came back
    Fortunately bears isn't shitting bricks over the flyersEven if it hits a 10% payout is not worth that stress

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Fortunately bears isn't shitting bricks over the flyersEven if it hits a 10% payout is not worth that stress

thats for sure, i dont really follow hockey but if i had a rooting interest it would be for the peguins and with how bad the goalies are its almost scary...

got 500 left after yesterday to do an all in play

if i can put a few wins together, its gravy if not , well we made some good money on this deposit

what you like today drinker

ebbearsfb1

seems like cubs are always a good team to fade away against

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

yanks/sox might score 25 runs today

everyone likes texas but i wont bet against verlander...under 9 would be my play there but juice is 25 cents right now

i agree on cubs but the best side IMO is doc halladay -150 and for value vogelsong +100

ebbearsfb1

yanks/sox might score 25 runs today

everyone likes texas but i wont bet against verlander...under 9 would be my play there but juice is 25 cents right now

i agree on cubs but the best side IMO is doc halladay -150 and for value vogelsong +100

agree... tigers could be worth a 2 game chase, dont see them losing both games at home of the double header...

like phillies today... might try to hit something before that ... since its a 9:05 start

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

okay here's a point....how many series that are 3-0 end up a sweep? i dont know the answer but there were two teams that didnt close it out last night and id venture to say thats more the norm than the exception...and if thats the case why not just wait until g5 to make that play?
    If you can predict the future then everything is easy.

Look at Detroit/Nashville. 3-1 Series -700 or less odds 8.7% chance a team comes back from 3-1 out of a 229 sample.
    You could say wait for next game to get better odds but they lost and series is over with.

I'm actually a Penguins fan realistically it is very hard to win four in a row in the NHL because there's so much luck unlike the NBA.
    I would not be stressing until Flyers lose Game 6 if I had this bet, I'm stressing my Pens 50-1 futures stay alive which makes the Flyers even a bigger favorite.

Good question on the number of sweeps after 3-0, not sure the answer to that.

k13

Only 15 out of 170 teams have even made it to a Game 6 after trailing 3-0.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Doesn't matter IMO. My point remains that he worked for a month to build up a bankroll and you suggested he lay it all on an all in low reward payout.

And like I said he would absolutely be sweating bullets right now if he'd played it. He's already acknowledged that's true. Not worth it IMO.

Ill admit that my comment about waiting til game 4 was semi smart ass without knowing the stats.

k13

I guess we have different definitions of sweating bullets. Mine would be Game 7 OT.
    This series is over with, there's a reason why so few teams comeback from 3-0.

But I understand risking a whole BR that you've worked for a while to achieve. If you had a much larger one and it was only 10% of it on the bet it probably be a better idea.

Great stock traders work all year for a 10% return. I think this was a lot easier, JMO.

First 12