Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Reds to now Sign Brandon Phillips

The Cincinnati Reds are prepared to guarantee a 6-year 72.5m to Brandon Phillips and I am predicting the deal will get done in next 24 hours-Via Jim Bowden Twitter

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

MLB NEWS: #Cincinnati#Reds have agreed in principal to a 6-year, $72.5M deal with 2B, Brandon Phillips pending ownership approval.

Phillips, Votto, and Bruce now all locked up. Sure hope this works out.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

now if they only had some pitching

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

True Brock, need some improvements. Wish they would have tried to sign Oswalt for at least a year.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

wonder if Bcats knows there's a world outside of cincitucky

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Profane why do you always have something negative to say in my threads or about my posts? A fan is not allowed to be excited and happy for his team?

Look up my threads over 80% of them have nothing to do with Cincinnati sports.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12521

Brock says-"now if they only had some pitching"

and a manager..
    Last edited by RITZ; 04-10-12 at 01:18 PM. Reason: info added

abe74
    abe74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4481

2 players making approx. 40% of the team's payroll? Good luck putting the rest of the team around them.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

read an article on the tv market deals, that are enabling these smaller market teams like cincin to sign and retain players. esp. with local markets have a bidding role. of course no one can compete with boston or redsox they can get whomever they want, but its starting to at least help them retain their main core.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

the votto and phillips contracts will not end well.

they will be the astros in a few years with nothing but bad contracts.

bigbet1234
    bigbet1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Bcat, im here in cincy too, i dont like either deal with votto or phillips. i like the owners drive, but we are a small market team. we have/had a helluva a farm team. phillips hitting sucks if you ask me, but i wouldnt pay any player what is being paid these days.

this owner wants to win, and that is obvious, but not sure he is going about it the right way.

DUSTY NEEDS TO GO! He is horrible, we will never win anyting with him in charge.

Why Heise isn't getting more playing time is beyond me, stuns me Stubbs is still on this roster, whoopy shit, he is fast, that's about it. Heisey much better out in CF than him, and he gives you a bat

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

smart reds fan there.

baker should be fired for starting hanigan instead of mesoraco alone.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Hanigan is a decent player all around, Mesoraco is being weened into the position. Hanigan knows the staff real well that's the main reason why he is getting majority of starts.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by bigbet1234 View Post
    Bcat, im here in cincy too, i dont like either deal with votto or phillips. i like the owners drive, but we are a small market team. we have/had a helluva a farm team. phillips hitting sucks if you ask me, but i wouldnt pay any player what is being paid these days.

this owner wants to win, and that is obvious, but not sure he is going about it the right way.

DUSTY NEEDS TO GO! He is horrible, we will never win anyting with him in charge.

Why Heise isn't getting more playing time is beyond me, stuns me Stubbs is still on this roster, whoopy shit, he is fast, that's about it. Heisey much better out in CF than him, and he gives you a bat
    I agree with the Dusty being gone and i agree about the deals being bad only on the part of them being so long. There is no way i would want them to be gone. We don't really know what type of money we have. Castellini is worth over 2 billion and looks like he is willing to spend the money.
    Walt Jocketty is a proven GM look what he did with the Cards. I agree and disagree on the Stubbs thing and the Heisey thing. Heisey missed a ball last night he should have caught. Problem with Heisey is he bats under .200 against leftys.