Mike Rose: Philadelphia/Florida Under 9

Remember, these two teams are in the heart of the Wild Card race with Philly now sitting just 2.5 games in back of the Padres and FLA 3.5 back. Look for both of tonight's lefty hurlers (Moyer/Olsen) to keep each teams offenses at bay, and pitch deep into this one.

The Marlins did exactly as I predicted they'd do in Game 1 vs. the Phills after going through the once in a lifetime experience of playing in a no hitter. They got rocked every way imaginable, and it was clearly evident they'd been partying a bit too much
the night before. Ryan Howard hit his 54th home run, one of four homers by the Philadelphia Phillies, and they rallied to rout Florida 14-8 Thursday night.

Now that both teams got all those hits and runs out of their system, I'm looking for pitching to once again take center stage in sunny FLA. Scott Olsen's found his groove once again since a three game slide in mid August, and has only given up 3 earned runs in 21 innings of work his L/3 starts.

The Fish have never seen the craftiness of Jamie Moyer before, and they should struggle to get much done the first few times through the order.

Florida must rebound in the next three games of this series with the Mets coming to town on Monday. I believe they will, and this game will be decided by the bullpens late in what should be a fantastic wild card chase game.

Game Time: Sep 8 2006 7:35 ET

Play: Under.

By: Mike Rose
http://www.who2beton.com