135steward
    135steward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 565

The early games

I'm looking for a dog from the 1:00 starts before I go over to 5Dimes to check the lines.

I ruled out the Braves/Nats game because the Nats are splitting their team today. Besides, they sucked so bad this preseason that the Braves line will probably open with Braves heavily favored.

I expect the Rays to open as a dog, but it may be risky betting against the Phils. If the Phils open as dogs, that in itself is scary.

That leaves the Twins/Pirates and Cards/Marlins. I figure I'll take the Marlins if they open as dogs.

Any input? Especially on the Twins/Pirates matchup?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I got Cards at -105. I don't understand why it's so low...

135steward

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    I got Cards at -105. I don't understand why it's so low...
    Yeah, I see the Marlins and Pirates are both dogs. You say you like the Cards in the Marlins/Cards game?

Edit: I looked over the standings again. It looks like the Cards are making an effort so far this preseason, so if you're looking at the Cards (or the Twins), you're probably right. I'll take my chances against the Phils, since neither team put much effort in so far, and it's at +118, and it's most likely on TV.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Last edited by 135steward; 03-29-12 at 09:44 AM. Reason: standings review

135steward

Yeahh, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Maybe the Reds will come through.