MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    That is a funnier excuse. Now we've got 3 excuses for why Braun is innocent.
    Excuse? I don't give a shit either way, just what I heard

You don't know wtf you are talking about man.....You don't know for sure if he took steroids or not so quit the rambling

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Excuse? I don't give a shit either way, just what I heard

You don't know wtf you are talking about man.....You don't know for sure if he took steroids or not so quit the rambling

Thousands of tests done over the season .. why would this one turn up positive if he wasn't?

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

So the tester either conspired to screw Braun or Braun is a dirty cheater who isn't going to be punished for it.

Gee, I wonder which is more likely.
    Steve Bartman.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Pickwinnerallday is either 5starbomb or timely hitting aka themanej

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Pickwinnerallday is either 5starbomb or timely hitting aka themanej
    I"m just giving Brewers backers a hard time, especially after all of the Sammy Sosa is a cheater shit I had to take.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

pay off... should have more than 3 people voting...

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I"m just giving Brewers backers a hard time, especially after all of the Sammy Sosa is a cheater shit I had to take.
    It was funny as hell when his excuse was, "thats the bat i normally use for batting practice".

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

According to ESPN's Karl Ravech, Ryan Braun won his 50-game PED suspension appeal on a revelation that a courier did not take his urine sample immediately to FedEx because he thought it was closed on Saturdays.

The sample sat in the courier's fridge for two days, violating the normal protocol for the handling of PED tests. It might sound like a ridiculous out for Braun, but it's an absolute must that the testing process is conducted according to the policies that have been agreed upon between the players' union and the commissioner's office. Braun will be in Brewers camp Friday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4048/ryan-braun

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    It was funny as hell when his excuse was, "thats the bat i normally use for batting practice".

Call Cubs fans a lot of things, but most Cubs fans wrote Sosa off after that nonshit and he was run out of town shortly after. Sosa was a cheater and sucked in the clutch. I had a signed jersey of him and I sold it. Mark Grace, now thats a Cub great that shoulda stuck around.

zoo youk

Karl Ravech is a snake. Wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

should of done a real money fantasy league early like i always do, i was getting him in round 4 in mocks, not anymore.

zoo youk

I dont understand the argument from some here that mlb is saving face and not outing Braun cause he won mvp and dont want to put a black eye on the league. The ousted a rod for christ sakes the best player to come along in the last 25 years but yet they are gonna save Braun? Cmon

PickWinnerAllDay

I dont understand the argument from some here that mlb is saving face and not outing Braun cause he won mvp and dont want to put a black eye on the league. The ousted a rod for christ sakes the best player to come along in the last 25 years but yet they are gonna save Braun? Cmon
    A-rod is from the steroid era.

Braun is the first star who came around AFTER the steroid era to get caught up in it.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Its cause braun is a brewer, if he played for anyone else he would get the 50 games. Selig fixed it good this time.

Hoopster007
    Hoopster007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Everyone here has no clue on what has happened. While I don't think we will find out the entire answer, I think Braun may shed some light tomorrow when he speaks. But either side that claims they know what has happened is just plain stupid. This whole story from ESPN and the like about the Fed Ex thing is a cover up. They ran with a story and now come up with a Fed Ex excuse. Can't you do better than that? He didn't get off simply because a sample was not sent in time. If you believe that, America really is getting dumber by the day.

From the beginning he said this is BS and it was shown to be just that. Somehow something was not right. The thing that got me was that the test was not just high, it was insanely high. If he was this incredible amount, not close to any test ever, wouldn't we expect him to be green or crazy looking? From his comments, the test results, and the reaction, it just didn't add up. Maybe we will find out more or maybe we won't. But this sorry excuse they came up with is awful. But what's more shocking is how people eat this shit up. I guess everything that is reported on ESPN, CNN, and Fox News is all legit. Wow, wake up america.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

If he was black he'd be toast.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopster007 View Post

From the beginning he said this is BS and it was shown to be just that. Somehow something was not right. The thing that got me was that the test was not just high, it was insanely high. If he was this incredible amount, not close to any test ever, wouldn't we expect him to be green or crazy looking? From his comments, the test results, and the reaction, it just didn't add up. Maybe we will find out more or maybe we won't. But this sorry excuse they came up with is awful. But what's more shocking is how people eat this shit up. I guess everything that is reported on ESPN, CNN, and Fox News is all legit. Wow, wake up america.
    But, in the appeal, they didn't say the test was wrong nor was it tampered with. The picked a small technicality specific the baseballs procedure to get it over turned.

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

The Hebrew Hammer is back!!

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

So Braun uses steroids. Probably at least 25% of the other players do it as well. It's all about how you hide it.

Why would he have 20x values of synthetic testosterone when he did this test? Of course he is on roids.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    But, in the appeal, they didn't say the test was wrong nor was it tampered with. The picked a small technicality specific the baseballs procedure to get it over turned.
    I have no dog in this fight. I don't really care. One thing though. The point to the appeal is to win. If his attorneys thought the best way to win was to focus solely on the testing protocol failure, that doesn't mean he did have arguments that he could have raised to address that he didn't do it. It's a risk to only go with one argument...less so if it is a slam dunk though. In this case, making only one technicality-type argument worked out for him.

Hoopster007
    Hoopster007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    You mean the media picked a small technicality as the reason. MLB didn't say that nor has anyone else. Those were also "leaked" and should not have, like the initial test results. This is all a big mess and there have been many screw ups in the process. There could be others who have won an appeal but we don't know because it was kept confidential, like it's supposed to be.

Let's see what Braun says at the presser in a bit. If he comes out firing, there is more to the story and he may be going after people. To say he got off just because the guy didn't deliver the goods in a timely manner seems a bit simplistic.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Anyone talking about Selig or MLB having the "fix" in on the appeal being upheld clearly hasn't paid one ounce of actual attention to the case.

Cornwell picked a technicality as the attorney representing Braun because that was the only way to win. Even if herpes medicine caused the positive test MLB wouldn't have reversed the decision because the testosterone levels still would have been beyond the legal limit set-forth in the MLB rules...if no positive test has ever been overruled, it's pretty clear arguing about the substance itself is a waste of everyone's time. Cornwell saw the problem in the testing procedure just as Braun did, and they rightfully won the appeal.

Nevermind the fact that Selig and the MLB are so "livid at the result" they are deciding to take it to Federal Court or not even though this arbitration process was put in place specifically to avoid going to Federal Court over issues regarding testing. Why would they lose the test then get so frustrated they'd want to take it to Court if they rigged the test?

Really blows my mind how fast people are to make a negative opinion and run their mouth when they are clearly ignorant of the case and actual facts (mostly in regards to MLB "fixing" the test). I suppose the source should be considered. An online gambling forum isn't probably the best source of mind stimulating conversation I suppose.

BetLocal-23
    BetLocal-23's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a joke... He juiced and got off on a technicality. Goes to show roiders and racists can get into the hall of fame but, Pete you gotta go! are you serious?

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    Anyone talking about Selig or MLB having the "fix" in on the appeal being upheld clearly hasn't paid one ounce of actual attention to the case.

Cornwell picked a technicality as the attorney representing Braun because that was the only way to win. Even if herpes medicine caused the positive test MLB wouldn't have reversed the decision because the testosterone levels still would have been beyond the legal limit set-forth in the MLB rules...if no positive test has ever been overruled, it's pretty clear arguing about the substance itself is a waste of everyone's time. Cornwell saw the problem in the testing procedure just as Braun did, and they rightfully won the appeal.

Nevermind the fact that Selig and the MLB are so "livid at the result" they are deciding to take it to Federal Court or not even though this arbitration process was put in place specifically to avoid going to Federal Court over issues regarding testing. Why would they lose the test then get so frustrated they'd want to take it to Court if they rigged the test?

Really blows my mind how fast people are to make a negative opinion and run their mouth when they are clearly ignorant of the case and actual facts (mostly in regards to MLB "fixing" the test). I suppose the source should be considered. An online gambling forum isn't probably the best source of mind stimulating conversation I suppose.
    Why argue whether the case was ruled correctly?

I think it is pretty obvious that baseball fans shouldn't give two shits about the technicalities of this rule. What real fans care about is whether someone that obviously cheated is going to be punished? And the answer seems to be no, so the system is obviously not very good.

In any event, I hope Braun has thick skin. Ryan Braun is no longer his MLB name, it is Herpie McCheaterson

BetLocal-23

Herpie McCheaterson

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Why are ppl saying he has herpes?

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post

Really blows my mind how fast people are to make a negative opinion and run their mouth when they are clearly ignorant of the case and actual facts (mostly in regards to MLB "fixing" the test). I suppose tbest he source should be considered. An online gambling forum isn't probably the best source of mind stimulating conversation I suppose.
    Best post of the thread open your eyes people and stop being headline readers

PickWinnerAllDay

Best post of the thread open your eyes people and stop being headline readers
    Braun admitted that his only defense was that the sample was turned in after 44 hours instead of the mandated within 24 hours.

He crucified himself today.

BetLocal-23

"Braun admitted that his only defense was that the sample was turned in after 44 hours instead of the mandated within 24 hours".

"He crucified himself today."

If there was truly reasonable doubt regarding his guilt, wouldn't he have contested tampering or the science of the urinalysis? He only contested protocol which tells me that he was in fact in guilty. It is simple he cast doubt on the reliability of the test due to violations of protocol nothing more, nothing less. "He crucified himself". Couldn't agree more.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopster007 View Post
    People who say he is guilty are just idiots. You have no idea what has been done, what happened at the meeting, or anything to do with this. There have been others that have gotten off but you never heard of it. Why? Because this should have never been out. As for the 2-1 vote. Well if you had a brain you would know that as well or I guess you can just judge without knowing anything. 1 is a player rep (always votes for the player), 1 is a MLB rep (always votes for the MLB, and the other is an independent person. So the vote always comes down to the independent.

Who knows what happened. But from the beginning Braun said that he was innocent and he is now proven to be correct, one way or another. People who claim he is a cheater just like to hate on people. And if that is the case I am guessing you don't like any top tier players because many of the top stars in the game are all admitted or known cheaters in one way or another. Braun is not in that category now. Like it or not.
    and....this is why pencils have erasers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

First 123