Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the hell happened yesterday????

Hey guys,

Not that I enjoy mocking myself. But what the hell happended yesterday? These were my plays:

Braves-195
    Dodgers-115
    D-Backs+105
    Astros+110
    Blue Jays+110
    White Sox+105
    Red Sox+105

Wells pitched great for Boston, the Yankees threw a practice squad out and I still lost. Then right before I went out with my girlfriend I checked the scoreboard and everything looked great. Braves were leading 1-0, Toronto 8-0, Houston 2-0, Chicago was down 2-1... and I thoght I would get at least a split in the west coast games...
    Guess what, didnt happen!!!

1-6 for minus whos counting anyway units...
    To call it a tough day would be the understatement of the year.
    Anyway, just wanted to share my story...
    From now on I wil just bet on Sri-Lankan sports so I dont have to pretend i know anything about them...
    If someone had a worse day yesterday please let me know.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

John Gibbons, Terry Francona and Chad Qualls probably didn't sleep too well last night, Bulldog. At least you had a nice evening with your girl

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Qualls....that's what I get for betting a bullpen that is horrid. I thought I was going to get physically ill in that bottom of the 8th. Unreal.

E

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

The failure of Houston's relievers this year has cost them more than any other facet of their game. Qualls had a meltdown, for sure. But several things contributed to that last night. First, everyone looks at the boxscore and sees Pettitte whiffing 10 and not allowing a run in 5-1/3 innings. But he burned way too many pitches not to make it out of the sixth. With 118 pitches, Pettitte usually will get you through the seventh if not the eighth.

Lidge's failures have led to Wheeler being used more and in different roles. No way, going by the shape of the bullpen last year and before, should Qualls have even been out there for a second inning last night. And to leave him in there after the Aurilia homer was inexcusable on Garner's part.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you combine yesterday and today, i have you beat.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4687

We are inside that 40 game stretch. Werid things happen, and become common. I think Dan had alerted us to this a day or so ago.

Just the other day, the favorites went 14-1. Thats just plain sick.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

your right looker i did give a heads up on what was comming.

this is the time of the year where you very weird things happen.