SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitchers Point To Under In Oakland

The Washburn-Zito battle in Oakland tonight points to runs being at a premium

By: Alex Smart
    http://www.who2beton.com

Jarrod Washburn, the Mariners starting hurler for tonight's tilt against the A's, is coming off a great effort in his last trip to the hill allowing just 3 hits for a win against D-Rays. The southpaw hurler has only allowed 14 ERs and just one home run in his last 42 innings of work spanning seven starts.

His pitching opponent from the A's, Barry Zito, continues to be the most consistent starter in the Oakland rotation this season. The lefty has been particularly hard on Seattle, allowing them just two earned tuns in three starts this season spanning 20 innings for a miniscule 0.45 ERA.

Considering the pitching matchup and the two top-notch defenses that will back them, it will be easy for me to back this contest going under the set total.

Final notes & Trends: Mariners are 10-2-1 in their last 13 on the road favoring the under. Zito has gone under in five of his last six starts with a total of 7 to 8.5.

Play: UNDER

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their last meeting went under, but Zito got lit in his last start. Even with that being said, the under looks like a solid play.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can see this game going over myself.