SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit Tigers +140

The Tigers were just swept in a three-game series at Chicago by the White Sox, but this price still seems generous for a team that is 35 games over .500 for the season at 76-41.

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

Yes Boston is 38-17 at home, but that record is not that much better than the 39-22 Detroit road mark! Nate Robertson may be one of the least publicized Tiger starters, but he is still a solid 10-8 with a very good 3.82 ERA and 1.31 WHIP. Robertson has posted back-to-back Quality Starts, and the southpaw also has two Quality Starts in his last three appearances vs. Boston. Should he be in need of relief, he is supported by a Detroit bullpen that ranks third in the Major Leagues in pen ERA.

Now Beckett is 13-6 on the year, but he has had a tough go of it lately. He is winless in his last three starts while generously posting a 6.00 ERA in 18 innings. He has even been roughed up in two of his last four starts here at Fenway Park, where he seemed so unhittable earlier in the year. Cleveland reached Beckett for seven earned runs and 11 hits in just six innings in his last starts here, and Oakland bombed him for seven earned in 4 1/3 innings a few starts prior to that. Finally the Boston bullpen looked rather shaky in the Baltimore series, recording a 4.00 ERA with a high 1.56 WHIP in 18 relief innings.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I said in the other thread, Detroit is the best road team in the majors and from a value standpoint alone Detroit is the play here.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i too would have to take the value in this game as well, and take the tigers.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know guys, I would usually take the best team to end the loosing streak, and that would be Detroit but I think Beckett had a poor start last time. I think heŽll rebound tonight.
    Small play on Boston tonight!!