jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

The most overhyped pitcher is...

I have to say Josh Beckett. Not only because he lost me a lot of money yesterday, but he's just so remarkably inconsistent. His ERA's ballooned to 5, and does any Sox fan trust him should they make the playoffs?? Boston looks like they just got a little more vulnerable overnight.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this or any other pitchers along these lines?

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Jason Marquis....what an incredible waste of talent.

E

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

My best guess would be Felix Hernandez...

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    My best guess would be Felix Hernandez...

Yeah, I thought of him too, but I think he's too young yet to be judged. Now your boy Marquis, well, are you having second thoughts yet on him winning a playoff game?

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been saying this for years. As a Yankees fan, I was glad when they got him.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

How about AJ Burnett? Maybe not the worst case but certainly overrated in my opinion.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by jesterson
    Yeah, I thought of him too, but I think he's too young yet to be judged. Now your boy Marquis, well, are you having second thoughts yet on him winning a playoff game?
    I think Marquis will be a good pitcher... not an allstar but a good pithcer nonetheless.
    Do I want him to go back to Atlanta? NO Do I think he will end up in Cooperstown? NO Would I draft him for my Fantasy Team? NO Do I think he'll beat the Mets in the NLCS? YES...

And imo Josh Beckett is a good pithcer with the potential of being great... I dont know if he's worth what he's being paid but we'll find out soon enough...

And I think Hulu is right about Burnett. He's still got plenty to prove although he was injured for a long time...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Kenny Rogers...the pitcher not the singer (although both are overhyped)

crackerjack

Andy Pettitte might be another choice.
    Last edited by crackerjack; 08-04-06 at 11:50 AM.

EBone

Oh, I think you're wrong, crackerjack.

Kenny Rogers, the singer, is not overhyped. I think he's underrated. Ruby, don't take your love to town......what a great song that was. Lady, you're my knight in shining armor and I love you.....you gotta be kiddin' me, these are great songs. I even like his chicken. And we can't forget the ballad that all of us have to like: The Gambler.

Say what you will about Kenny Rogers the pitcher. But the singer is top notch even though I can't recognize him now due to the plastic surgery.

E

crackerjack

Yeah, I guess anyone that brought us the lovely song The Gambler can't be hyped enough. I just wish I knew when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em...

EBone

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    I think Marquis will be a good pitcher... not an allstar but a good pithcer nonetheless.
    Do I want him to go back to Atlanta? NO Do I think he will end up in Cooperstown? NO Would I draft him for my Fantasy Team? NO Do I think he'll beat the Mets in the NLCS? YES...

And imo Josh Beckett is a good pithcer with the potential of being great... I dont know if he's worth what he's being paid but we'll find out soon enough...

And I think Hulu is right about Burnett. He's still got plenty to prove although he was injured for a long time...

Bulldog, please don't think I'm doggin' your boy, Marquis, too bad. As a Cardinal fan, he frustrates me the most. He has the arm to be the #2 at the least. But he is just so stinkin' dumb it makes me manic. I become like the legions of Cardinal fans here in the St. Louis area and become super-critical. Just thought I'd clarify and my post shouldn't have been placed in here. He is not "overhyped". He's just disappointingly average.

E

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by EBone
    Bulldog, please don't think I'm doggin' your boy, Marquis, too bad. As a Cardinal fan, he frustrates me the most. He has the arm to be the #2 at the least. But he is just so stinkin' dumb it makes me manic. I become like the legions of Cardinal fans here in the St. Louis area and become super-critical. Just thought I'd clarify and my post shouldn't have been placed in here. He is not "overhyped". He's just disappointingly average.
    E
    I agree with you 100% E.
    Dissapointingly averages sounds about right, but he's still young and he can come around..
    I was just teasing Jesterson...