zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Marlins offer Pujols 9 years 225 million.

zoo youk

they also offered Reyes 90 million. wtf are they getting all this money?

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have likely been banking 40+ million a year for the last decade in revenue sharing alone, all the while maintaining the lowest payroll in baseball. I'm sure they have been hoarding money for this move to a new stadium

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I'm happy they've given up their Scrooge like ways but this is insane. Absolutely insane. They take taxpayers money to build a new stadium and somehow they now have the cash to do this.

Nuts.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Like i said in one of threads the Marlins will buy a championship then have a fire sell afterwards.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

no immediate fire sale as these guys will be locked in for years

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

pujols is fukkin dumb if he don't take offer

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is a lot of money man

zoo youk

they've also made offers to Buerhle and Ryan Madson.

the only thing I don't get is why they are going after Reyes so hard when they have Hanley already?.

Hanley doesn't seem like the type of kid thats going to be happy with a new comer coming in and taking over his position, while he gets thrown to 3rd base.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post

the only thing I don't get is why they are going after Reyes so hard when they have Hanley already?.

Hanley doesn't seem like the type of kid thats going to be happy with a new comer coming in and taking over his position, while he gets thrown to 3rd base.
    Hanley was at the very bottom in fielding percentage for SS's all last year, not to mention he only hit well for about a month. I'm sure they could care less how Hanley feels about this.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Wowza I'd be packing my bags sorrow...screw legacy that will set my fam for generations

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Damn 25 mill a year, he asked for 30 mill last year. Cant wait to see how the Cards top this.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Like i said in one of threads the Marlins will buy a championship then have a fire sell afterwards.
    Great strategy for a small market team.
    While they may never be a dynasty, they will win a title every so often. Im 21, and my baseball team has won two titles in my lifetime. How many other people outside of the Yankees, and a few upper market teams can say that?

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan2212 View Post
    While they may never be a dynasty, they will win a title every so often. Im 21, and my baseball team has won two titles in my lifetime. How many other people outside of the Yankees, and a few upper market teams can say that?
    No doubt they've done well in the recent past but I wouldn't categorize their current strategy with their past one. If they spend all the money they've apparently offered they might be on the hook for big dollar contracts that they may not be able to shed. If ticket sales and/or TV rights (if you've any info here I'm very curious) don't meet expectations then as a worst case scenario they might eventually be headed for bankruptcy.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

yeah hanley has out grown the position. he will move over to 3rd. he would probably be a plus 3rd baseman defensively.

fielding percentage is not a very good statistic to use when talking about a player's defensive ability. it is a subjective percentage that has out used it usefulness.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

hanley was the one that voluntarily offered to move to 3rd base if they marlins were truly serious about bagging reyes

doylfish

that's a speculative article anyway..brown is assuming $25mil/year is what pujols will receive, all that was said was that it was 9 years which has been confirmed, but pujols' camp has said it was well below 200 mil total value

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/...lbert-pujols/1

RumHam
    RumHam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

Everybody's trying to buy those rings.

Should be a good season.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Kevin Brown is next

doylfish

pujols is just doing the 'show me' circuit to get some love and dinners..he know's he's going nowhere..just needs to give the cards a smidgen of doubt so that they'll give him what he wants or close to it

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    They have likely been banking 40+ million a year for the last decade in revenue sharing alone, all the while maintaining the lowest payroll in baseball. I'm sure they have been hoarding money for this move to a new stadium
    Well Profit is where its at. 1-4 million dollar profit each year.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Kevin Brown is next

Top it off with Bobby Bonilla and the dynasty tag will be theirs

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    pujols is fukkin dumb if he don't take offer
    totally agree,any team that would sign him to a long contract like that should get everything they deserve.everytime his old injury comes back,it will take 50 games off him a year until hes sitting on the bench collecting his check cause he can no longer stay healthy and contribute,and if the cubs even try to out bid them for pujols ,i will never watch or root for them again

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

My fish are making fuckin moves baby!!!!

I'm estatic about this year and they hype even with the fruity new logo......but i have a feeling that though they offer all these deals they might know that it's not the top dollar and wont win it but can say atleast they tried....

I think we get pooodaddy though or prince.....trade for either one by opening up room by moving gaby somewhere and then with prince or poodaddy in the fishtank...o baby!!

**** the phillies and the braves, the mets, the nats and the rest of baseball....the miami marlins are gonna start kickin some ass and establish a dynasty within 2 years down in the fla!!

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post

Top it off with Bobby Bonilla and the dynasty tag will be theirs
    you forogt darren daulton behind the plate and moises alou in left and the one and only GARY SHEFFIELD IN RIGHT!!!!!!

that 97 team woulda won ATLEAST 3 WORLD SERIES IF FUCKIN HUIZENGA KEPT THEM TOGETHER...I GUARANTEE THAT!

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!

hanley is gonna move to third if we get him but eventually will move to the outfield most likely within the next 3-5 years

if no big name guys, we'll get aramis ramirez for 3rd and offer us a BIG BAT

we need pitching and bullpen help still

i wana see us trade for andrew bailey or gio gonzalez...those guys would be HUGE and we need a closer since leo nunez was some made up guy lol

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

I would love to see the marlins start winning championships again... There is nothing better celebrating in the streets of miami when we won our last 2. They are days and moments you never forget in your life.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

in 2019 the Florida Marlins will become the San Antonio Sombreros

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Agree...Marlin fans are a joke...they've been slopping up the revenue sharing money for the last 5+ years...now all of a sudden they're big spenders The owners should be kicked in the balls

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan2212 View Post

Cardinals.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Who cares, they still won't have more than 500 visitors.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hanley will move to outfield reports down here in s.Florida say they are going go after cj Wilson of Texas. Pujols has family here I would not be surprised if they get all of the above

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    you $forumidgt darren daulton behind the plate and moises alou in left and the one and only GARY SHEFFIELD IN RIGHT!!!!!!

that 97 team woulda won ATLEAST 3 WORLD SERIES IF FUCKIN HUIZENGA KEPT THEM TOGETHER...I GUARANTEE THAT!
    as a marlins fan it's sad that you forget it was charles johnson behind the plate......later to be sold off to the dodgers with sheff et al and daulton retired because his knees were so bad

loved charles johnson back in the day, got to watch him a ton during the summer in maine when he played for the sea dogs as a marlins affiliate at the time..him, millar, a-gon, burnett, renteria, beckett, saw all the best marlins talent come through

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Pujols will not leave STL. He has ALOT of vested personal interest there with his son who has down syndrome. Pujols has heart and is not going to uproot his family for a few more million $ then what the cards give him. An offer needs to be substantially bigger then the Cards final offer for him to move

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Albert won't leave the World Champions for a rebuilding franchise with a couple of players....he'll have no protection in that horrid lineup. The people of St Louis would storm the castle if he left...but if he was going to go anywhere it would probably be the Cubbies because it's close to St Louis, and Theo will empty the bank to get him

12 Last