neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Yahoo

He went 4 innings in his start. Then he went 3 innings in relief 4 days later when they were already down 5-0.
    Yeah duh. I knew that didn't make sense. 4 innings, coming off an ACL tear is still pretty impressive considering all the circumstances. Its not like he had a total blow out in the game and got knocked up for 5 ER.

I just can't understand the comments of the game being too big for him. But whatever, I will wait in till the brewers dominate in this game too gloat more.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    LOL, okay okay. Geez guys, maybe 'scrub' is a little bit extreme. My mind was clouded by anger with calling out my boy Gallardo.
    alright now we're getting somewhere. Good luck on the game guy. I think Arizona wins, but would like to see the Central represented well.

millflavor
    millflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5255

Gallardo shuts em down today

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Gallardo Postseason stats:
    k/9: 5.14
    BB/9: 6.43

control is absolutely a factor when dealing with nerves. Sure his era was stellar in his postseason appearance(s)...but he was far from having ice water in his veins. I said I thought the stage was too big for him and you jumped to his defense like a homer. If you think one playoff appearance 3 years ago proves ANYTHING for either side, then this debate is over anyways because it's going no where.

Good luck to Gallardo...hope he brings you joy. Just open your eyes to your Ian Kennedy comments, and then ask which one of us is going to extremes
    Again, guy. It was his first game back, pitching in ANY level of baseball. Usually with an injury like that you throw 3-4 starts in the minor leagues, to work everything out. To work out your control, to get stronger, to work on a few things. Gallardo did not have that luxury, the minor league season was over by the time he was ready to come back in September.

So basing that his nerves caused his lack of control, doesn't make much sense to me. If you go back and watch the game, from what I remember a lot of the walks were border line calls. Gallardo works on the edges. Its not like he had no control at all and was leaving his fast ball down the middle or leaving his curve ball up.

He still have 0 ER, and did not allow any home runss.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm on the DBacks Money Train this post-season.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    alright now we're getting somewhere. Good luck on the game guy. I think Arizona wins, but would like to see the Central represented well.
    Ian Kenndy is a good pitcher, okay. But lets wait and see what he does @ Milwaukee, with Braun and Fielder.

Fielder ended the season on a great note. .330 avg and 9 HRS 18 RBIs and 19 BBS and a OBP of .459.

I know power guys, are usually the ones that struggle in the post-season. Or they have a better chance of struggling, I think Fielder comes out and has a huge game. Him and Braun love being the center of attention. Braun seems like he always hits the clutch Home Run.

Fielder though this is his moment to shine, he has a great post-season and that is tens of millions more dollars.

WvGambler

You're missing my point man. I'm simply saying that his outing doesn't prove anything as far as him being prepared for postseason ball either.

Having that game be his first outing back from injury could easily have made it like a free roll for him. No pressure. No expectations. It's just a non point.

Jmdurbz
    Jmdurbz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Diamondbacks! ML HUGE

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

LB, I love Diamondbacks TT Over 3. I like Gallardo but I don't think he is the kind of pitcher you can rely on in a big game. With you on the ML and going to play the team total over as well.

WvGambler

Ian Kenndy is a good pitcher, okay. But lets wait and see what he does @ Milwaukee, with Braun and Fielder. Fielder ended the season on a great note. .330 avg and 9 HRS 18 RBIs and 19 BBS and a OBP of .459. I know power guys, are usually the ones that struggle in the post-season. Or they have a better chance of struggling, I think Fielder comes out and has a huge game. Him and Braun love being the center of attention. Braun seems like he always hits the clutch Home Run. Fielder though this is his moment to shine, he has a great post-season and that is tens of millions more dollars.
    Alright, after this I am done because I really dont care either way. Don't want to seem like I am arguing fr the sake of arguing.

If we are going to make a deal out of Gallardo's postseason appearances, than lets look at Fielder's and Braun's. Braun 0 runs, 0 HR's, 2 RBI's. Feilder 1 hit in 17 at bats.....a HR, but still.

We cant have it both ways here......all I am giving you is stats from 2008. It's your same argument in reverse. It's wrong for me to discount Gallardo, but its ok for you to put faith in these two and expect big things?

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2093

Again, guy. It was his first game back, pitching in ANY level of baseball. Usually with an injury like that you throw 3-4 starts in the minor leagues, to work everything out. To work out your control, to get stronger, to work on a few things. Gallardo did not have that luxury, the minor league season was over by the time he was ready to come back in September.

So basing that his nerves caused his lack of control, doesn't make much sense to me. If you go back and watch the game, from what I remember a lot of the walks were border line calls. Gallardo works on the edges. Its not like he had no control at all and was leaving his fast ball down the middle or leaving his curve ball up.

He still have 0 ER, and did not allow any home runss.
    Again, no it wasn't

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Too big for him? You know he pitched game 1 of the playoffs for us in 2008, and that was his first game back from a season long injury.

You got Ian Kenndy some scrub who is having a great year, but yet you think he is going to have a good game playing @ Milwaukee. I think you got your facts mixed up sir.

Looking back at the game according to baseball reference he pitched 7 innings and had 0 ER. 3 runs scored because of errors.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...allayo01.shtml
    This post is wrong on every level

Ian Kennedy pitches a gem today

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Terrible call there by 3rd base coach for arizona, runner out by a mile

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

You don't try and score on that play. Dumb

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

what an idiot! why would you wave him home the ball got to braun so quick!

neverstoppers23

Great play braun, kind of dumb to run on that. It wasn't even close at home.

Gallardo looks aight. He got behind because he is not giving them the first pitch fastball they love. A team full of Yuni b's. The announcers make it seem like swinging at the first pitch is a good thing. 'the d-bags lead the league in first pitch fastball swings'. Well congratulation.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Again, no it wasn't

What do you mean no it wasn't?

Never mind I have a turrible memory.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    I played the D-Backs TT O 3 -120, GL all.
    On it as well, also put Snakes RL in my football parlay.

neverstoppers23

IF it wasn't for a bad/border line call 3 mofos would be on base.

no surprise yuni b fails, just glad he dind't hit into a dp.

well at least we got the great Ian Kenndy to have a 40 pitch count.
    Last edited by neverstoppers23; 10-01-11 at 01:46 PM.

neverstoppers23

Guess i am the only one who types and watches at the same time. Gallardo looks sharp today. Ian Kenndy looks like he doesn't have his best stuff but has gotten through the game thus far so far.
    Looks like this one is a pitching game. 2-1 type game.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

damn I wanted to play the under here but I didn't, Gallardo has great home numbers and kennedy been dominating for a while now

neverstoppers23

WTF, how the hell was that not a strike out? Just about every pitch looked like a strike. I hate this ump already stick with one ******* strike zone. Esp. the first pitch of the AB.
    That was huge too, to lead the inning off with a walk.
    I am seriously pissed because i took 4.5/1 strike out on bodog live.

Next AB back to a different strike zone LOL.

Okay I am done betting on if a player is going to strike out.

neverstoppers23

Wow, and then he strikes out the next two just to rub it in.

neverstoppers23

This is the game here folks.

neverstoppers23

At least we got one run, Yuni b up , dp.

neverstoppers23

1 run. Feels like we should of gotten more, but bottom of the line up. Oh well. 1-0. Thats all we need for Gallardo.

neverstoppers23

Oh well I am talking to myself, great inning there from Gallardo 7 pitch. Gallardo first guy up next, come on boy hit a homer, i know you can do it.

Jmdurbz
    Jmdurbz's Avatar Become A Pro!

watch out for Arizona they don't give up

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Jmdurbz View Post
    watch out for Arizona they don't give up
    True, they have a lot of come back wins. I don't know why, matters who they faced. I don't take any stat at face value.

Brewers bullpen is top notch, Krod in the 8th and Axford in the 9th(any closer pitching better then him in the 2nd half?)

So Gallardo anther 2 IP.

Game is still very tight, I think the brewers will need to score 2 runs to win this game.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

gallardo mowing em down.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakerboy is a hamburger

neverstoppers23

pesky hitter in bloomquest.anther first pitch fastball. 4/48 vs. right handers. wow.

come on gallardo, lets get a DP here.

Shadows are pretty tough right now.

neverstoppers23

Wow, made some great defensive plays. It looks simple, and a play that should be made, but just looks great.

Yeah shadows are getting worse and worse, with K-Rod and axford coming in soon. GL to the D-backs in trying to get a score off of them. Maybe they get a hold of one for a single HR. Gonna be tough, for both teams to score any more in this one. I don't get why the brewers didn't close everything up, the panels included. Its not that hard to solve the problem.

neverstoppers23

Bottom of the order coming up big for us! Yuni b and Lucroy!
    Hells Yeah.

Come on Yo-go and bullpen, lets get this win!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Boring game so far

First 123 Last