Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

June 21 Ganchalysis

Milwaukee 56% - Capuano has been very consistent this year, with low volatility, and that benefits Milwaukee here. They gain an edge if the game is close in the later innings. Robertson has been very good, but he will be more vulnerable than normal here.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'll be watching this one off and on a bit later. Shh, don't tell my boss It has the makings for a good, low-scoring affair.

Interested in seeing what you might think about the Twins-Astros game tonight. Silva is exactly the kind of lefty that Houston has trouble with, especially since they will be seeing him for the first time.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Silva's a groundball RHP.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Doh! I knew that Short between my brain and my keyboard.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i ended up passing on this game myself today.

do you have anything on the halo's giants game today ganchrow ?

Ganchrow

San Francisco 51% - The Angels will have a strong edge in the pen for this game, which will give them a benefit in what is likely to be another modest game scoring-wise. Weaver's low volatility combined with San Francisco's sub-par offense give a small edge to the Angels as well. Lowry is likely to have a good game, and minor variations in his possible performances greatly affect likely outcomes of the game, giving this game a somewhat low confidence factor.

Ganchrow

Mets 72% - Even though Mays claims to have fixed many of his problems in the minors, he is still likely to get hit here. The Mets have a major edge in the bullpen for this game, and that edge is likely to factor into the outcome substantially. Soler has been effective this year, and his likelihood of a quality start is great.

Boston 63% - Hill has done well at RFK in his limited time in the majors so far, but as a rookie going to Fenway vs the Boston bats he is likely to get hit. Lester is likely to have a good outing. With both starters however, there is a relatively high degree of uncertainty. Both bullpens will be a bit shaky for this game. The big lineup edge of Boston will factor in heavily.

Cleveland 52% - Both starters are likely to have strong outings, which benefits the Cubs, because Cleveland's strength, which is its lineup's intermittent explosiveness, is likely to be neutralized. The Cubs will have a small bullpen edge here as well.

Philadelphia 52% - This game is likely to be a high-scoring back and forth affair, with both starters struggling, both pens extended, and 2 strong offenses in a hitters' park. Hamels has a high degree of uncertainty, and he could shut down the Yankees for half the game. Wright, on the other hand, has a high degree of certainty, which is not good for this game, as he is very likely to have a mediocre outing.

Florida 52% - Nolasco has a high degree of uncertainty for this game, but also an excellent expected performance, which gives Florida an edge here. Baltimore maintains a modest bullpen edge, which should factor in moderately. Bedard is likely to have a quality start, but is unlikely to go deep.

Arizona 55% - Webb is statistically likely to have a strong game here, although the pitching on the turf could hurt him. Shields is likely to have a good outing, but not go deep. All other areas are roughly equal for this game.

Atlanta 56% - Our research indicates a very high degree of uncertainty for this game, as Lilly supposedly has a slightly sore shoulder for which he rested an extra day. It's not clear how serious this problem is. Hudson has conflicting statistical indicators for this game, some indicating a strong outing, some indicating a mediocre one. The Atlanta pen continues to be a major problem, the impact of which will be greatly determined by how deep and effectively Hudson can pitch.

bigboydan

anything on the cardinals/white sox game ganchrow ?

Ganchrow

White Sox 66% - This is a unique game with many unusual factors coming into play. The extreme blowout last night favors St. Louis. On the research end, Buehrle is known to be a rabid St. Louis fan, openly expressing his desire to play there at the end of his career, as he grew up in Missouri. This is his first career appearance vs St. Louis, and a major unpredictability factor is added to this game because of it. Marquis has thrown some good games this year, but they have mostly been vs lesser offenses. The White Sox lineup is likely to hit him here. Buehrle is sharp at home, and the White Sox have a small bullpen edge for this game as well. In the end, it adds up to a major edge for the White Sox, albeit with a lower than usual confidence factor.

bigboydan

i can't seem to get a grip on this game at all ganchrow. i know the Buehrle family is up there watching this one. so, who knows what to expect.

Ganchrow

Colorado 52% - Zito should throw a good game, and the Oakland pen is at full strength. Cook has been hit a bit recently, but the Oakland lineup is likely continue to be weak, which increases Cook's expected performance. A low-run close game benefits Colorado, but only slightly. Colorado also has a small lineup edge.

bigboydan

i too have a small lean twords the rockies in this game ganchrow.

Ganchrow

Dodgers 53% - There is a high degree of uncertainty for this game. Washburn is likely to have a quality start, but the Dodger lineup is also likely to break out of their slump here. Billingsley is all question marks, and he is likely to have a short outing. The Dodger pen has been inconsistent lately. Our confidence factor for this game is low.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Another slight edge for the White Sox tonight.