rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

I have a question about Lines.

So the Phils and the Red Sox are both sitting at -179 right now on sbr. However, the Run Lines for each: Phil -1.5 -120 and the Sawks are -1.5 +110.

Which is the play on the run line, and why?

I saw something on this before, but I have a hard time getting it. Something to do with the amount the book is going to pay helps with the choice.
    This fit into someone's system, when teams on the board had the same money line but differing run lines, you knew which one to play because...

bigjah15
    bigjah15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

because yankees are a better team then the reds and it is more propable for them to lose by 1 then it is for cincy to lose by1. cincy is suppose to be a blow out, while the yanks game should be a close game hence why it is +110 and not +150

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

no. this is not what im looking for.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

SOX have a little advantage due to using the dh in AL- just in your example. gl

sheffield77
    sheffield77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 664

sox are home team so therefore dont bat in 9th if up by 1. Phils still bat in 9th if up one so you get an edge there

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

good question

I understand what you are asking, but don't know the answer. I will be keeping an eye out to see what people have to say

I would think it would be Phil at -120 since they are still favored to win that bet and the Sox are not favored to cover the -1.5

I am sure others will say the sox at +110 since it is + odds

A bit off subject, but I like doing the -1rl on medium to big favorites. Look into that if you have never tried it...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Phillies are guaranteed 3 AB's in the 9th as a road team, and Red Sox are not threrfore you have your answer.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Phillies are guaranteed 3 AB's in the 9th as a road team, and Red Sox are not threrfore you have your answer.

Yeah, very true. The other poster was correct on that as well. However, that was not his question.

"Something to do with the amount the book is going to pay helps with the choice.
    This fit into someone's system, when teams on the board had the same money line but differing run lines, you knew which one to play because..."