stutheju
    stutheju's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stutheju's Tuesday Plays

Hello All. I'm new to the forum and recently became interested in the art of sports wagering and have spent a good deal of time lurking and studying various handicapping strategies over the past couple of months. With this in mind I figured I would present my plays for the day and see what the board thinks.

Pittsburgh Pirates +165 - wager $60.06 to win $100.00

My rationale for this pick is that both teams have been ice cold of late but the Pirates have been actually scoring runs. I think the Giants have a slight edge in pitching but that should be offset by the hot bats of the Pirates. Plus, McDonald has been the Pirates' most consistent pitcher of late. Overall, I thought this line had a fair amount of value which compelled me to play it.

Boston Red Sox RL +120 - wager $83.33 to win $100.00

I think Bedard is a solid middle of the rotation arm and should be able to hold the Twins in check. Historically, Morneau is the only Twin who has had a good deal of success against Bedard and we all know he's out. On the other hand, Liriano is always a threat to get bombed and Pedroia, Youk, and Ellsbury have had a fair amount of success against him in the past.

Arizona DBacks RL +115 - wager $87.00 to make $100.00

The Dbacks will definitely be chapped about getting blown last night and should be able to get to Lyles. The Dbacks are much better this year against righties while the Stros have been terrible against righties. Taken together I see this as a pretty certain winner.

Parlay (Phillies ML -173, Dbacks RL +115, Rangers RL +115) - wager $20.00 to make $122.50

Phillies have been heating up at the plate recently and Lee is coming off a dominant performance on the road against San Francisco. I have noticed he has pitched great in spurts this year so I'm hoping this holds up. See above for Dback explanation. The Rangers rarely win by less than 2 and Ogando has been their most consistent pitcher all season. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off on him but I think I am ready to be a believer. On the other hand, Pineda has slowed significantly and hasn't pitched in 10 days. The Rangers should be able to get to him tonight.

Thoughts and Opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

Lets get this money fellas......

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

betting against houston the rest of the season....