lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Anthony Bass must be an awful starter

When is the last time the o/u for a Padres game was 10??

Anyone have any info on this Bass character?

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

He had a 3.41 ERA and 63/17 K/BB ratio this season in 68 2/3 innings at Triple-A

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couldn't find much on the kid when I looked, which isn't a good sign. There's usually something flattering that comes up if they are truly intriguing the scouts. He played 1 game in AAA (a decent one, in which the bullpen shut the other team out the rest of the way) after being called up from AA where he posted a 3.53 era with a decent amount of k's. 3.53 in AA isn't going to translate favorably against a major league team that's hitting well, though, and especially so against R's. Don't like the early movement on this one, but I gotta go with the Rocks here. Especially with SD's bats going cold again.

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by MrShrink View Post
    Couldn't find much on the kid when I looked, which isn't a good sign. There's usually something flattering that comes up if they are truly intriguing the scouts. He played 1 game in AAA (a decent one, in which the bullpen shut the other team out the rest of the way) after being called up from AA where he posted a 3.53 era with a decent amount of k's. 3.53 in AA isn't going to translate favorably against a major league team that's hitting well, though, and especially so against R's. Don't like the early movement on this one, but I gotta go with the Rocks here. Especially with SD's bats going cold again.
    I agree as with this as well. That over under 10 seems just too high. That being said I placed a small wager on the over. Even though Cook was an ex all star he can still get lit up by a shiitty padres offense. I can see rocks scoring 7 or 8 and pads 4 or 5.

MrShrink

Those stats were from this year, btw. His lone previous AAA start came last year when he allowed 5 er's over 5.2 ip on 7 hits and 3 w's.

MrShrink

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJunkie View Post
    That over under 10 seems just too high. That being said I placed a small wager on the over. Even though Cook was an ex all star he can still get lit up by a shiitty padres offense. I can see rocks scoring 7 or 8 and pads 4 or 5.

Disagree with this. Wouldn't count on the Padres to get 4 or 5 on anyone this season, esp. not a pitcher that has given up more than 3 runs to them on only 2 occasions in 10 chances throughout his career. Add to that that SD's got a respectable BP that's not overused. This kid could get yanked in the 3rd or 4th after giving up 4 runs. It's quite feasible that only a few more get put up after that.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

runs have been plentiful in colorado lately, but 10 against the padres needs explaining. people always assume rookies will struggle, that is not always the case

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

A rookie pitcher has ev ery advantage, when making his first start in the Majors. If the guy has good stuff, then colorado batters will be spending most of the first few innings guessing. Since they have never faced, and have no tape on him.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    When is the last time the o/u for a Padres game was 10?? Anyone have any info on this Bass character?
    he broke bret lawries hand last week

steelyballs52
    steelyballs52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

The rocks are the only play I feel any sort of comfort level with. Plus, fading the padres tends to be a profitable endeavour and having this new guy on the mound just adds to that.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Padres and over in this game.