No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

4 dogs I'm considering for Sunday

Cubs +148 -- Z has a great track record against the Cardinals. Cubs trying to avoid the sweep; playing bad baseball right now, but I think this is worth a look. Carp's been better lately, but something still isn't right with him. He's given up 14 ER and 27 hits in his last 17.1 IP vs. CHC.

A's +122 -- Another crushing loss for the A's today, so I'm not foaming at the mouth about this, but we're getting the better pitcher at a great price. Both bullpens are shot, but I think Anderson can get deeper into the game than Lackey.

Pirates +171 -- Philly can't lose again to the Bucs can they? Or can they? McDonald is another young, underrated arm for Pittsburgh. If you throw out his bad outing at Milwaukee on May 13, he's allowed 6 ER over 36.2 IP in his other six starts since then. Halladay is good, but the Philly bats are cold and there's a decent chance -- especially at this price -- the Pirates pull off a 3-2 type win. Roy's also given up 21 hits in his last 14 IP.

Twins +142 -- Duensing's been awful lately, but he has a good track record vs. KC. Twins are playing well in this series, and this is a good price to take a shot.

Will all of these hit? Of course not. But if you can go 2-2, you're comfortably in the black.

Thoughts?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Twins, and Scrubs FTW.

Pirates +1.5, and I cant bet against Boston @home when they are only -130. Lackey or not, they still have the bats.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Twins, and Scrubs FTW.

Pirates +1.5, and I cant bet against Boston @home when they are only -130. Lackey or not, they still have the bats.
    Anderson owns Boston for whatever reason though, Houli.

9 ER in 39 career IP vs. Red Sox. 36 K's.

A lot of their stud lefties will struggle vs. him tomorrow.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I usually dont bother to read others write ups, but I liked all four of yours. You refrained from attempting the predict the game inning, by inning. Instead you stuck yo the facts.

Is that a popular endeavor, IDK. Nevertheless, its a method I prefer.

I bet the Scubs, and Twins on the overnights.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Under in the BoSox game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I usually dont bother to read others write ups, but I liked all four of yours. You refrained from attempting the predict the game inning, by inning. Instead you stuck yo the facts.

Is that a popular endeavor, IDK. Nevertheless, its a method I prefer.

I bet the Scubs, and Twins on the overnights.
    Thanks. Like I said, I'm not pretending all four will hit. Hell, I don't even know which ones I'll play.

I just think there's value in these lines, and they're all worth at least considering.

delpiero7
    delpiero7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1720

I'm liking the Cubs play. Isn't there some stat that the Cards haven't swept many series recently, so given as they are 2-0 in this one, they are due a loss lol.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

I also like the CUB.
    I agreed with you that Philly struggling with their offense, and Pirates often gives them hard time, but not on this spot.
    I know it's a square play, everyone will be on Philly to avoid the sweep. Line probably will drop to 170's to attract some of the "sharps"..I THINK.
    BUT, Philly's back against the wall now. I think they will win today, they are pretty good at 3rd game in a series.

SamWise
    Bet with your Head, not with your Heart
    SamWise's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont know why you left out Houston Noco.
    Like that play as well.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

all your plays seem to have good value except oakland. yes anderson has pitched well vs the red sox but this year and right now the red sox are home, hitting extremely well, and playing a team about to get double swept by the best two teams in the al. the line is this low because lackey is back after pathetic start to the season with an era over 8. one thing he can do is pitch well vs the al west, it got him a contract that will keep a hot chick next to him for life even though he looks like a troll. i think the value is on the sox, but i wouldn't be surprised if oakland finds a way to get a win. still think sox at home -130 is tough to pass up vs a losing club. good luck!

Exxpresso
    Exxpresso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

I like as dog Oakland und the Cubs too.

Plus i think the Houston Astros will have a good chance tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    all your plays seem to have good value except oakland. yes anderson has pitched well vs the red sox but this year and right now the red sox are home, hitting extremely well, and playing a team about to get double swept by the best two teams in the al. the line is this low because lackey is back after pathetic start to the season with an era over 8. one thing he can do is pitch well vs the al west, it got him a contract that will keep a hot chick next to him for life even though he looks like a troll. i think the value is on the sox, but i wouldn't be surprised if oakland finds a way to get a win. still think sox at home -130 is tough to pass up vs a losing club. good luck!

Not sure about Houston, folks. That line is insanely high for a game with a 6.5 total. Be careful.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I like the Twins today, Duensing is pretty solid

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Cubs.....last game of the series. But too many on the ML which doesn't bond well.

A's.....Lackey has been hitable. It's hard to sweep. As of now action is on Lackey and with two high scoring games...under might be a play but tough since 1st game went under the first time Anderson face Lackey.

Pitt.....sweep is possible but Holliday on the mound will be tough. The whole world is on Philly. They'll make a ton of money if Pitt wins but they'll throw a bone every now and then to keep everyone from coming back. Philly ML isn't that much.

Twins.....won 3 of 4 already. Hard to win 4 straight. Doesn't matter how you look at it. KC won last 3 before that and split on the first series.

Toronto/Baltimore and Detroit/WhiteSox looks sexier.
    Last edited by Blazermaniac; 06-05-11 at 12:04 PM.

steelyballs52
    steelyballs52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

on the A's and Twins with ya! also on Toronto

million2one
    million2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 404

Good luck, I also like the odds on the Buccos and have them as a must play.

Blazermaniac

I am not taking any of these games....only one I like is Toronto/Baltimore. Not leaning Jays.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6943

You can get pirates +2 1/2 for +175 on BetOnline... Its a line mistake, last time i caught a line mistake i bet it, it won and they didn't cancel the bet...

Bet it now if you like the pirates

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10454

completely agree on pirates. phils just cant hit their way out of a paper bag right now.

Blazermaniac

Orioles just lost this game. Late hitters. Fckers.