LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Best hitting team in May AND the last 7 days!!

SAN DIEGO PADRES!!

I know it seems like they are one of the worse hitting teams in the league and don't hit right?? Not so. I was reading a post showing how a few where on Mil mainly because the Padres can't hit. Well overall their stats are not in the top of the league, but if you focus just on the month of May or the last 7 days they have dominated in almost every area and have really been hitting the ball.

If you look at the last 7 days they are hitting better than any team in the league!!

.330 team ERA 1rst in the league
    slugging .479 1rst in the league
    49 RBI's 1rst in the league
    52 Runs 1rst in the league
    86 hits 1rst in the league

For the month of May
    .280 team ERA 4th in the league
    slugging .425 4th in the league
    78 RBI's 1rst in the league
    83 Runs Tied for 1rst in the league
    147 hits 3rd in the league

So watch out for those traps when your betting AGAINST a team because they can't hit..

Mister_Man
    Mister_Man's Avatar Become A Pro!

One big problem with the Padres is they can't hit at Petco Park. It is a constant topic on sports radio here in SD about how the players complain about the ability to hit in the park. Other teams come in and have no issues, but at this point it seems to be a mental issue for the SD players. Luckily, it is mostly new faces, so let's hope that changes this year. When Adrian Gonzales was here, he was one of the biggest complainers about it. It is a great ballpark for a game though.

LGHT

Interesting point. My database will show home or away, but it won't show home/away + last 7 or home/away in may. Not sure why they can't hit at home I love that stadium.

It's one of the few places you can fly into get a room within walking distance of the stadium and still have tons of great bars, restaurants etc all within walking distance. I can say the air quality however is the worse in the county due to it's close proximity to Mexico. Maybe that's why they can't hit? The smog is just too dense??

Mister_Man

Crap i just tried to post a reply and it wiped it out somehow. grrrr

Mister_Man

There are a lot of theories on Petco. #1 seems to be the marine layer. About 4 - 5 pm, it just rolls in, you can feel the air start to thicken with it. Acts like quicksand. 2006 is a good example. It was a hot summer. Warm days, warm nights. Abnormal amount of home runs. This could also be attributed to the moving in of the right field fence from 411 to 402. But based on the significantly lower numbers in years after, doubtful. Plus, doubles and triples have gone down significantly since that fence move. #2 would be the team is not built for the park. I think they have addressed this. Speed on the bases, walks, and singles with good pitching and good defense can win at Petco. One glaring thing i saw last night was Patterson vs. Maybin's speed in center field. Even though that game was in AZ, I think Maybin grabs 2 of the balls Patterson couldn't get to. If Maybin is down and out, more extra base hits for the other team. Petco has a huge center field too. Other theories, wind, new tall buildings north of the ballpark etc. too much thinking about it will make you crazy.
    One thing to watch is day vs. night games, and the daytime temps and humidity. Day game, warm temps = HR's. I think Ludwick plays great on those days. We'll see.

It is a great ballpark. Great location, for all the reasons you stated. I live about 30 minutes north, so take the Coaster (train) and the trolley to the park. A good spot to go is McCormick and Schmicks at the Omni. $2.50 angus burger and $4 beers at happy hour. Plus will stamp your tix and you can use their private skybridge to get into the stadium. No lines! Win or lose, we always have a good time down there. Tickets are cheap too. You can buy your way in for $5, go to the Western Metal Bldg, have a few beers, watch the game. Can't beat it for a semi-cheap night out.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Be wary of catching the end of a hot streak. This team is done hitting for a while. Tough to find a more favorable bet than under 6.5 in the MIL/SD game tonight.

jedikarl
    jedikarl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Be wary of catching the end of a hot streak. This team is done hitting for a while. Tough to find a more favorable bet than under 6.5 in the MIL/SD game tonight.

couldnt have mil/sd under such a low total

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by jedikarl View Post
    couldnt have mil/sd under such a low total
    So you only bet unders with high totals

LGHT

Yeah I thought SD would take the game yesterday and they didn't and to make matters worse NYY won!! I was on the end of both those plays and payed for it.

On a side note I think SD is a good team and will win 7-10 with Mil, Sea, and then SL coming up.