SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

XFL New York Guardians

The XFL’s New York Guardians knocked another franchise-first off their checklist. On Thursday, the Guardians engaged in a one-on-one trade with the Houston Roughnecks. New York ultimately obtained Joe Horn Jr. for Taivon Jacobs in a swap of wideouts.

Horn previously spent the 2019 preseason with the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens. He would go on to appear in four preseason games after entering the league undrafted out of Division II Missouri Western State. The Tupelo, Mississippi native racked up 204 yards on 14 receptions in his senior season.

Horn joins a strong Guardians receiving corps that includes several accomplished names. DeAngelo Yancey, the team’s first pick in October, reached the All-Big Ten team while at Purdue. Darius Prince was the MVP of ArenaBowl XXX as a member of the defunct Arena Football League’s Philadelphia Soul. The receivers will be coached by former Arizona Cardinals assistant Mike Miller.

The Guardians and the rest of the XFL have descended upon the Roughnecks’ home of TDECU Stadium at the University of Houston this week for several joint practices. XFL football kicks off on Feb. 8, as Houston is set to host its debut game against the Los Angeles Wildcats. New York kicks off a day later at MetLife Stadium against the Tampa Bay Vipers. Houston visits New York once this season, heading to East Rutherford on March 14.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

is there really a team named the "Guardians"

holy fukk that anyone admits to being a citizen of the USA anymore

can`t go south, call me Canadian

SBR Drew

Yes there are eight in all.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Hello DrewDude, have learned two facts from you today/ever. The league having 8 teams is of no concern to me but appreciate the information. A team from NY having the name "Guardians" does concern me but I`ll spare you.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

League should go after the players that were on Hard Knoks that got cut.

Fans like recognizing the players.

SBR Drew

Good point.. remember he hate me

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Good point.. remember he hate me