Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I have a parlay that closes with gabashvili but Denko? Booo! Hiss!

mentorUS
    mentorUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    That one caught my eye, I actually thought it'd be closer to even. In the end though I feel like these early round "too good to be true" plays are too good to be true so I just went with the high over, thinking both guys will play an inconsistent 3 sets
    I like this S.Stakhovsky Games Won* +3 +105

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not really disappointed that parlay got crushed by Garbage-vili. I think I would have felt dirty winning with him and the Donkey. I was actually hoping he would retire since he turned to turbo shit mode in the 3rd. On the plus side, Staks can help even the morning off if he holds on.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great call there everyone, we all cash

EaglesPhan36

Gonna tell you right now to put on your goggles because if I'm on the right side of the choke and Gargbage-vili comes back from the dead to cash this ... the screen is getting sticky.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

gab is still alive my man

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

i damn near had a heart attack when he broke ward the 2nd time in the 3rd set

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

WOW...nice comeback on Gaba, left dead in the water down 1-5 in the 3rd. Gotta like it!

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    ATP Dubai: Stakhovsky +200
    ATP Dubai Parlay: Gabashvili + Davydenko +110
    Thanks for the Stak play. That bailed me out for Fucstick screwing me this morning.

CallMeGENO
    CallMeGENO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

looks like your luck might be turning. come on gabshit.

CallMeGENO

and hes still gabshitvili. was watching him play the other day... apparently he is the only guy on tour who serves and lands on the wrong foot. he sucks.

EaglesPhan36

Well he wound up sucking a large dong in the TB. Had a mini-break twice and blew both of those and then Ward blew his first shot to serve it out at 6-5. What a shitfest.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Dang...I feel bad for ya EaglesPhan, come back from 1-5 to force a tiebreak, have a lead in the tiebreak, only to succumb. I had Sjisling this morning, so I feel your pain, although the Sjisling loss was much more unacceptable considering the circumstances. Head up big guy, get em back!

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Mini previews for Dubai & Acapulco, the two tournaments I will be following this week.

ATP Acapulco

1st Round Upset Watch
    Karlovic over Isner
    Qualifier over Simon
    Roger-Vasselin over F.Lopez
    [ERV might wind up the favorite]

Preview:
    Ferrer is the top seed as Acapulco switches from clay to outdoor hard courts. I don't expect the transition from dirt to hardcourt to affect Ferrer much. Kevin Anderson comes in off a tough three set loss to Cilic in the Delray Beach Final. He might be on upset watch depending on his draw of qualifiers. Roger-Vasselin or F.Lopez might be one to watch in this quarter if the seeds flop. Isner is the 3rd seed and leads the 2nd quarter. Isner still has not looked quite right to me, so Karlovic has a chance to pull the upset if he recovered from the virus that took him out last week. Pospisil is supposed to be back this week as the 8th seed. Don't touch him until you see him play. Dare I say, watch out for Chardy here. Andy Murray, Grigor Dimitrov & Ernests Gulbis lead the bottom of the draw. I like Murray's draw with Simon as the other seed in his quarter. Simon has been struggling now with a back issue and Murray needs to find the range now to push himself back to 100%. Dimitrov and Gulbis is a quarterfinal we might not see if Gulbis struggles to adapt to the courts after a long week of winning in Marseille. It would be an electric QF though if the Latvian can recover and keep his form intact. Dimitrov has the draw to get to the semis.

Futures:
    No prices available. Think Murray, Dimitrov and monitor the other half of the draw for some potential big prices. This tournament with a new surface is one where it might pay to watch a round before you invest.

---------------------------------

ATP Dubai

1st Round Upset Watch
    Lacko over Turnsunov
    Stakhovsky over Dodig

Preview:
    Djokovic has won four of the last five Dubai titles. Only Roger Federer broke his stranglehold on this event two years ago. Overall, Djokovic has lost just three matches out of 31 here. The top four seeds have generally made the semis over the past three years with few exceptions. Djokovic has a fairly simple draw. Expect him to have focus and motivation this week. Federer has a workable draw and with an out-of-form Tursunov as the seed in his quarter, he should find a way to work through. The bottom of the draw should provide a bit more drama. Berdych and Tsonga land in the same quarter of the draw here. Tsonga has some miles on him after Marseille. Dodig and Stakhovsky is a good 1st rounder. Don't overlook Davydenko here if Tsonga shows any fatigue. I like Berdych though. Del Potro lands as the third seed. His wrist is still something to consider, but not too heavily. Kohlschreiber is the other seed in that quarter. Watch out for Kolhi or fellow German Florian Mayer if Del Potro's form is less than stellar.

Futures:
    Djokovic @ -150. Berdych @ +550. Djokovic is short and a lot of people don't like investing on that price, but his draw and history here make him worthwhile to me. Berdych is in the best form of the bottom half players and makes sense to me. You shouldn't have to worry about him until a potential QF with Tsonga that may not materialize.

Too bad I can't win money for predicting something along these lines of players losing early or not making a certain stage of these weekly tourneys. Probably the thing I can do best and it doesn't pay.

Berdych future could be looking good if he shows up in form now with Tsonga looking like the toughest out down in that half ... albeit I think he'll gas out.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Acapulco: Karlovic +138

Regul8er
    Wordd

Why did Karlovic retire last week.....I know he was clutching at his stomach. Strain? Food Poisoning? Just not feeling good?

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Why did Karlovic retire last week.....I know he was clutching at his stomach. Strain? Food Poisoning? Just not feeling good?
    stomache virus is what I've heard

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Karlo is actually good value because of that virus. Odds should be much closer IMO, still fancy Isner to win and tossed him in a parlay with Ferrer 1.95

EaglesPhan36

Yes it was a virus, nothing muscular. I watched Isner some last week, I just don't really think he's anywhere close to 100% still. Sometimes he can look fluid, but he looked like any time things went against him that he was frustrated some. I am sure this will be a brutal match to watch unless you run the radar gun on serves.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I noticed that he only took like 65% of his points of 1st serves in against Dudi Sela.........that clearly tells me Isner is not back at 100%.

EaglesPhan36

He was back around 65% against Cilic in the Final too. So I think a fairly quick turnaround and travel hopefully will just add to a little fatigue. Granted, Karlovic couldn't return most WTA serves efficiently .. so Isner won't have to be totally imposing, but if Karlovic is fit and on - this will put pressure on Isner, I hope.

DownTheLine

To be fair Sela returned fairly well in that match and isn't a bad returner. It's tough to tell with Isner and his fitness, 95% of the time he's lumbering around the court like a dead tree. Even the announcers couldn't figure him out vs Sela. One game he'd look dead then the very next game he'd be running down balls, smashing a few winners. He's quite the frustrating player to follow. I feel sorry for anyone who has chosen Isner as one of their favs in life.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Acapulco: Smyczek +200

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

This Smyczeck scoreline should be funny. Another American tennis prodigy. What would be great is if they'd stop showing these guys' matches on ESPN2 during the majors.

EaglesPhan36

You'd think Smyczek was the one who hadn't played since January. Nice showing clownshoe.

CallMeGENO

looks like young was the USA dog to play. lefty lefty toss up

Simon Gruber

Young won't win, but the irony is that Young got destroyed by Tim in the quallies.

CallMeGENO

haha good call simon. young might get this done...

Simon Gruber

You put money on Donald?

DownTheLine

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    Young won't win, but the irony is that Young got destroyed by Tim in the quallies.
    He knew he was the Lucky Loser. Donald will randomly put an upset like this today and Niem hasn't exactly been in sparkling form.

Simon Gruber

Right, he's playing with house money, but any other time he's a huge joke.

CallMeGENO

lol no i actually have niemo parlayed with goffin. small stakes. been wagering a lil too much lately and been stressin.

CallMeGENO

haha niemo is a pretty large joke as well. o well.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Guess Nieminen is done. Need to start fading him. He's getting old + he prob has the worst serve in top 100

zec
    zec's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Sousa not in top 100?

First ... 27282930313233 ... Last