EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm doing some off the board. Usually the best medicine for me is to muddle through, but posting @ SBR in such slumps usually does not turn it around, so incognito I go.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

no need to go M.I.A., you could always chime in with your opinions

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'm doing some off the board. Usually the best medicine for me is to muddle through, but posting @ SBR in such slumps usually does not turn it around, so incognito I go.

EP,

Just do what works for you. All the best my man.

I know you will snap out of this and get back to winning ways soon.

Best of luck.

EaglesPhan36

Well opinion-wise, Chardy-Busta seems a good go for Over 22 - but you know how well me and Chardy mix, so probably a mortal lock on the under.

EaglesPhan36

2014 Season Overall Profit: +1.13

Nice break from tennis. Need to start working the profit back up away from the breakeven point.

Back to studying draws and doing some simple previews that usually seem to benefit me some. Going to focus mainly on the 500 level tournaments.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

yes, and DO include your futures-props (to win quarters/tourney etc.) into your record from now on...

at the AO you hit 3 out of 4 on them (most notably on Li Na), and even with hedging they were BIG units that you never added into your count...

you posted a few pages ago that you should emphasize this aspect of your game in the future...the future is now, and they are the key to blasting your unit count out of the neutral zone
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-09-14 at 09:23 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Ah those are specialty wins for me. Usually guys only want to see where you finish in your day to day grind as far as a record. I'd keep it as a side record, but definitely think the two should be separate IMO.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Rotterdam
    Del Potro is the top seed and defending champion. This will be his first match since his Australian Open flameout. Interestingly, he gets the exact same opening draw again with Monfils. This time though, Monfils is in blistering form as he comes off the Montpellier title. Murray took a wildcard to play here. He's an interesting entry as his next scheduled tournament is in a couple weeks in Mexico. As the 3rd seed, Berdych comes in off a couple of nice Davis Cup wins on this indoor surface. This could be a nice spot for him if Del Potro has some troubles. Gasquet as the 4th seed comes in off a nice run in Montpellier, but he's hit & miss at this tournament, more often ...miss.

Del Potro Quarter
    A rough quarter here. I would be surprised to see Del Potro run through here. Delpo reportedly sought treatment for a left wrist injury after the Aussie Open. He had a long period of inactivity and has admitted a loss of muscle mass in his left arm. If he survives Monfils, Mahtieu or Dodig awaits and then Dimitrov, Tursunov, Istomin or Gulbis comes from the bottom of the quarter. This should be very competitive. Dimitrov has a chance to further his growth in this quarter. We'll see if it's new the Grigor or the same old, same old. For me, if Delpo flops ... Dimitrov can push through here.

Berdych Quarter
    Berdych's draw looks promising. He opens against Seppi and then gets Mahut or Simon. Haas is the 6th seed in the bottom of this quarter with Jerzy Janowicz and Benneteau floating here. Haas proved healthy in Zagreb last week, making the Final before losing to Cilic. I would not be shocked though to see him show some fatigue in back to back tournaments and lose early. Verdasco is first-up for him. I think this is Berdych's quarter.

Gasquet Quarter
    Gasquet has a decent draw if motivated. de Bakker to open, but then a tricky one against Kohlschreiber or Stakhovsky. Youzhny is the seed on top of this quarter, but he comes in off a poor loss to Phau in Zagreb. His opener against Sijsling could be a one and done. Huta Galung & Berrer faceoff in the other opener. Both Dutchman are wildcards and don't have great track records here. If Gasquet doesn't look engaged in this quarter, I'd expect an unseeded player to come through. Given the track record in Rotterdam for non-seeds to get to a semi, this might be the bracket to produce one.

Murray Quarter
    Murray has some competition in his quarter. Roger-Vasselin to open is no slouch. Nieminen or Thiem would be next. On top of the quarter, Tsonga is the seed with a tricky opener against Florian Mayer. The winner there goes likely against Zagreb Champ Cilic who starts off with Rosol. This could be a good spot for Tsonga if he's in the mood. Murray has an easier road though. I would expect Murray or Tsonga out of this quarter.

1st Round Upset Alert
    Monfils over Del Potro
    Stakhovsky over Kohlschreiber
    Sijsling over Youzhny
    Verdasco over Haas

Futures Watch
    Berdych +500
    Dimitrov +1800
    Points Awarded:

STAY STRONG gave EaglesPhan36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown, and STAY STRONG

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Ah those are specialty wins for me. Usually guys only want to see where you finish in your day to day grind as far as a record. I'd keep it as a side record, but definitely think the two should be separate IMO.
    Hey EP, I think the Goffin Train may finally take off. The win over Kushkush may have got him going

EaglesPhan36

250 Dog Watch [2.10.14]
    Memphis: Vesely, Kyrgios

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Hey EP, I think the Goffin Train may finally take off. The win over Kushkush may have got him going

Perhaps. Be interesting to see who he draws if he gets into the main draw.

faststeady
    faststeady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7820

cant you receive betpoints EP, was gonna throw some your way for your write-up but it said you cant receive?

matt1216

hey EP, wtf is wrong with Youzhny? Very slow start so far.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by faststeady View Post
    cant you receive betpoints EP, was gonna throw some your way for your write-up but it said you cant receive?
    As a non pro, you can only send two per day. If you sent any today, that'd probably be why.

Youzhny really has been crap the last couple of years until the French and then he seems to segue into Grass well and plays a bit better the rest of the way.
    Points Awarded:

faststeady gave EaglesPhan36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

face gave EaglesPhan36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

ATP Rotterdam
    Del Potro is the top seed and defending champion. This will be his first match since his Australian Open flameout. Interestingly, he gets the exact same opening draw again with Monfils. This time though, Monfils is in blistering form as he comes off the Montpellier title. Murray took a wildcard to play here. He's an interesting entry as his next scheduled tournament is in a couple weeks in Mexico. As the 3rd seed, Berdych comes in off a couple of nice Davis Cup wins on this indoor surface. This could be a nice spot for him if Del Potro has some troubles. Gasquet as the 4th seed comes in off a nice run in Montpellier, but he's hit & miss at this tournament, more often ...miss.

Del Potro Quarter
    A rough quarter here. I would be surprised to see Del Potro run through here. Delpo reportedly sought treatment for a left wrist injury after the Aussie Open. He had a long period of inactivity and has admitted a loss of muscle mass in his left arm. If he survives Monfils, Mahtieu or Dodig awaits and then Dimitrov, Tursunov, Istomin or Gulbis comes from the bottom of the quarter. This should be very competitive. Dimitrov has a chance to further his growth in this quarter. We'll see if it's new the Grigor or the same old, same old. For me, if Delpo flops ... Dimitrov can push through here.

Berdych Quarter
    Berdych's draw looks promising. He opens against Seppi and then gets Mahut or Simon. Haas is the 6th seed in the bottom of this quarter with Jerzy Janowicz and Benneteau floating here. Haas proved healthy in Zagreb last week, making the Final before losing to Cilic. I would not be shocked though to see him show some fatigue in back to back tournaments and lose early. Verdasco is first-up for him. I think this is Berdych's quarter.

Gasquet Quarter
    Gasquet has a decent draw if motivated. de Bakker to open, but then a tricky one against Kohlschreiber or Stakhovsky. Youzhny is the seed on top of this quarter, but he comes in off a poor loss to Phau in Zagreb. His opener against Sijsling could be a one and done. Huta Galung & Berrer faceoff in the other opener. Both Dutchman are wildcards and don't have great track records here. If Gasquet doesn't look engaged in this quarter, I'd expect an unseeded player to come through. Given the track record in Rotterdam for non-seeds to get to a semi, this might be the bracket to produce one.

Murray Quarter
    Murray has some competition in his quarter. Roger-Vasselin to open is no slouch. Nieminen or Thiem would be next. On top of the quarter, Tsonga is the seed with a tricky opener against Florian Mayer. The winner there goes likely against Zagreb Champ Cilic who starts off with Rosol. This could be a good spot for Tsonga if he's in the mood. Murray has an easier road though. I would expect Murray or Tsonga out of this quarter.

1st Round Upset Alert
    Monfils over Del Potro
    Stakhovsky over Kohlschreiber
    Sijsling over Youzhny
    Verdasco over Haas

Futures Watch
    Berdych +500
    Dimitrov +1800
    Love your write-ups EP. Thanks man.

EaglesPhan36

So this is what I got on Monday. I'm looking to go Tony Gwynn 1/3 and feel like a Rock Star!

ATP Memphis: Kyrgios +110
    ATP Memphis: Vesely +155
    ATP Rotterdam: Stakhovsky +165

EaglesPhan36

Split the two dogs this afternoon. Vesely wins. Stak flops.

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

I'm on Kyrgios as well. It's been a willing betting match. Odds have fluctuated between 2 and 2.15 repeatedly. I'm on at 2.13. I don't read anything in to the h2h last year when Kyrgios was injured, suspect that is the main reason the odds are in the yanks favour.

EaglesPhan36

Truth.

Sergiy Stakhovsky ‏@Stako_tennis 3h Ian sorry for my today's performance... Unfortunately there are days like this when no matter how hard u try the ball just don't listen..

matt1216

That Kyrgios kid is so garbage. How was this near a pickem....

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

first off, congrats on (and $thanks$ for) ur bluebird ncaaB-half plays, EP...

tennis question: challenger kolkata (hard)
    rui machado (#249) v. nedovyesov (#93)...H2H it's nedo 3-0 in sets (2-0/1-0) all on clay

the odds had Machado a -130 ish favorite tho...(wtf???)

and now nedo is bitch-slapping him as u'd expect from their ranking difference and H2H

anything u can see that'd have books giving Machado the respect they gave him pre-game (and obviously didn't deserve)?
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-10-14 at 10:47 PM.

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Hindsight is 20/20 no? This was a true pick em (Kyr was a dog for most part) and it was full of plenty of breaks as expected. Kyrgios after coming back in the first set, was a BP away from a 4-1 double break lead in the 2nd set and then it all fell apart for him. He's 18 years old for christ sake and has the potential to rise up the rankings nicely in the coming years, big serve and big forehand with a backhand that still needs a ton of work, but he's a competitor, kid just has to learn how to not let that competitive energy turn into negative energy during the course of a match. Calling this KID garbage though is a penetrating joke. Or is this how we judge all tennis players, one match?

What more do you want out of a dog being a set and a break up in the match? Sometimes they finish, sometimes they don't, but calling the kid garbage? That's soft.

EaglesPhan36

I would imagine maybe his shoulder is still a little gimpy. Not even winning what 60% on 1st serve? When he is right, he is way better than that.

EaglesPhan36

ATP Rotterdam: Sijsling +165
    ATP Memphis: Gabashvili +145

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Good plays, neither kush nor youzhny are in form. Good luck

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by DownTheLine View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20 no? This was a true pick em (Kyr was a dog for most part) and it was full of plenty of breaks as expected. Kyrgios after coming back in the first set, was a BP away from a 4-1 double break lead in the 2nd set and then it all fell apart for him. He's 18 years old for christ sake and has the potential to rise up the rankings nicely in the coming years, big serve and big forehand with a backhand that still needs a ton of work, but he's a competitor, kid just has to learn how to not let that competitive energy turn into negative energy during the course of a match. Calling this KID garbage though is a penetrating joke. Or is this how we judge all tennis players, one match?

What more do you want out of a dog being a set and a break up in the match? Sometimes they finish, sometimes they don't, but calling the kid garbage? That's soft.
    Look at his last match on hardcourt as well.... Tell me what happened..... Oh ya, that's right he blew a 2-0 set lead as well up a break point in the 3rd set...... I couldn't believe I thought he was gonna win. One match, do some research man

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

nice sijsling pick, wish i went bigger on it, that play made a lot of sense.

i hate to bet against kush.. decisions..

EaglesPhan36

Adding...

ATP Memphis: Ram +155

EaglesPhan36

Garbage boy doing his best to blow this 1st set. Guessing he will succeed.

EaglesPhan36

And finally the unsurprising end to a 1st set choke for Garbage-vili. #typicaltennis

Nyjrkm06
    Mets
    Nyjrkm06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

What a p o s

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Following the live score looks like they both tried to choke there. Took Kuku 4 penetrating set points, what a shit show from those two.

EaglesPhan36

I expect him to lose in two now. He hits now & again as a dog when I take him, but there are plenty more like this that make you want to slam your head into a wall.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Don't give up Gabs yet......I've seen the Sheek blow 1-0 set leads quite often!

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

And right on cue........Gabs gets his break! See if he can hold it this time!

First ... 19202122232425 ... Last