Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Youzhny Hewitt

I am so looking forward to this, if hewitt wins a set and gets fired up on the big points, youzhny will literally implode on hewitt C'MON shouts.
    I so much want hewitt to win, youzhny is just so arrogant prick...with the old guy coaching him since the beggining of tennis ever...
    I just watched bits of youzhny/haas and the man is just insane...gets broken being 2 sets up and nearly destroys the whole arena. Hate that guy, even dolgopolov and simon combined are more sportsmanlike than him.
    Not mentioning that hillarious thing he did some years ago against almagro
    I'm telling ya, if hewitt starts off his cmons, youzhny will beat himself to death with his racket.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Youzhny. I don't even know what your point is of throwing Dolgopolov and Simon into the conversation with him. Those two guys don't give a shit.

Youzhny gives a shit, hence the outbursts. If you stand back and think about the moment in the match when he went off, it was a big deal - he was in control and knew that he gave Haas life by allowing him to break and ultimately take that set and force to to a 4th. What's funny is people talk about two or three specific moments in his career when he broke the racquet at the French this year. Bloodied his head in 2008 ... and what? Guy has been playing for over a decade and shows some emotion. Djokovic has broken racquets. Roddick. Even Federer. He's certainly an emotional player, but I like it. To me, he's still about seven miles less crazy than Jerkoff Janowicz.

I was a bit surprised how lopsided their career meetings have gone as far as wins and losses. Most of them are completely irrelevant though as they are four years or older when both were different players. I think Hewitt is on the shakier ground here. Donskoy started to expose him in their match in rallies, but did not have the game plan to consistently do what was needed. It'll come down to who converts the best of the break opportunities out there because both have serves that can be picked on, Hewitt's I think a little more prone.

I'm hoping this match is more like the one I thought Haas-Youzhny was going to be, a nice 4-5 set grinder between two great old school pros.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

I also agree with EP i like the russian, the one timer plays with heart and its nice seeing him smile! still plays like a beast and its great to watch when he plays great tennis! cant wait for the match myself

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

If you want to hate a Russian, pick Davydenko (who is practically a kraut now anyway).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

hah my point simply was that no matter how he plays, I hate how he behaves...tennis player def. should not do things like he does...you can smash a racket, that's your prob, your equipment. But kicking around into barriers? That's just retarded.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I like Hewitt and will like to see him make a deep run, however I think over is the optimum play for this matchup.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

i took the russian as the line was out at 1.80 now dropped to 1.60 on my bookies

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5541

Hard to bet against Hewitt right now.

blckprince
    blckprince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1570

Hewitt has also had a tougher draw thus far, and in matches that tend to go overs - you would have to factor in mental toughness, deeper the match goes. As Sam pointed out, if Hewitt can win some big points, Youzhny will implode.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3816

Hewitt is playing great lately and historically owns Youzhny
    by a 6-1 margin. I will take him at +140
    you can't say there's an age advantage either
    as Hewitt is only 1 yr 4 month older.

http://tennis.matchstat.com/index.ph...&Id_Player2=75

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

small play on LH +2.5 games @ +105

beringeyy
    beringeyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 220

I don't get why Youzhny is favored by the bookies... still think the russian will win.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Youzhny has only lost one set this entire tournament... Hewitt has lost 4

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5541

Quote Originally Posted by saints1856 View Post
    Youzhny has only lost one set this entire tournament... Hewitt has lost 4
    I think Youzhny would of lost plenty of sets to del potro.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    I like Hewitt and will like to see him make a deep run, however I think over is the optimum play for this matchup.
    Over's in.