beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Never thought I would see Barthel as the FAVORITE over Wozi already...DAM!

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

5/8
    Play #1

Raonic -175
    Berdych -425

Total = apprx. -105
    1u / 0.94u

(first match starts in about 20 mins or more due to prior match in progress)

Dmoneytx

5/8
    Play #2

Lopez -240
    Berdych -425

Total = apprx. -135
    1u / 0.75u

Dmoneytx

5/8
    Play #3

Molteni -175
    Del Potro -1600

Total = apprx. - 150
    1u / 0.67u

Dmoneytx

***Still having issues with wifi, I am not happy to say the least. So, instead of refreshing this damn page another 138 times, I am going to put all 3 write ups together...

Berdych Write Up:
    Berdych is my play of the day today for several reasons. Berdych has been in good form this year winning 26 matches already. In April, he won all 3 Davis Cup matches & he lost to Djokovic in the third set in the semi finals in Monte Carlo. I hope to see him have a good tment here in Madrid. Tough first round match up, but Anderson has been shaky on clay the last few tments. This was tough for me to play, bec Anderson is one of my favorite players. But I had to follow my brain more than my heart this morning. I was very disappointed in Andersons last match where he lost 3rd round to Verdasco after barely edging out DelBonis in round 2. The tment before that, he lost first round to Murray. The tment before that, he lost first round to Bellucci. So clay is definitely not Andersons surface. He likes it fast & short points. I feel that Berdych is definitely the better player here & especially on clay. The only chance I feel that Anderson has, is if he serves amazing today & hits the forehand for a ton of winners. I give the check mark to Berdych on almost every category & confidence for him will only help I would think. Berdych has a good chance to win this match & move into the 3rd round this week.

Write Up - Play #1: I really looked at the Raonic match with caution. He did not look very good on clay several weeks ago, but something clicked last week!! He lost in the semis by two tiebreakers to Ferrer. He didn't drop a set getting to that point. The clay this week is playing faster & the bounce is lower. With those conditions & Raonic gaining a ton of confidence last week, this play started to really set up for me. If Raonic has the serve working today, it is going to be tough for Nalbandian to get a bunch of break points to look at. Nalbandian is hot or cold. Last week he lost to Seppi in 3 sets & this will only be his second clay tment of the year. I look for Raonic to play strong, aggresive tennis today & make a push this week, just like last.
    Berdych was explained in the write up above.

Write Up - Play #2: Lopez has been playing some very good clay tennis lately. He lost in the semis last week to Kohlschriber (who won the tment) & the tment before that in the quarters to Ferrer. His serve has really been popping & he should have a lot of confidence heading into the tment. I look for him to play aggresive & this surface might help him do that easier than most clay courts. Melzer lost his last match about 3 weeks ago in the second round of Monte Carlo to Benneteau & it wasn't really that close either. He will need to bring his best game, I feel, to make this a good match. That could happen, but if he plays like he did last time out on clay, this should be a straight set for Lopez.

Write Up - Play #3: Molteni was a play I didn't look at too long. But when I saw he beat a good player late in a tment, I looked closer. He is a more accomplished doubles player than singles I saw. He won the tment last week in Santos for doubles. I have a gut feeling that all the winning there, although dubs, will give him a renewed confidence in his game in general! The serve should be confident & strong. He will come in & put a lot of pressure on Rivera. He played Rivera a month ago in Mexico & beat him 6-4, 6-2. With his tment win last week, I can't see him doing much worse than this todady. His opponent, Rivera, has not had a good year so far. He has not won a match this year, he is 0-5. I am not sure if he has even won a set. Rivera is really outmatched here & needs a small miracle to make this a good match.
    DelPotro is playing great tennis this year. He has won over 25 matches, he won all 6 sets in the Davis Cup matches & he won the last tment he played in Estoril. He has just been playing strong, aggresive, confident tennis. I look for this to continue into this tment & maybe we see DelPotro make a run here this week as well. His opponent, Mayer, has not had the best year. With a record of 4-10, he lost his last match in the first round to Malisse. He is going to have all he can handle today with DelPotro trying to make it to the next round this week.
    ***I really wanted to play multiple units on this wager, but I held back bec Molteni is a more accomplished doubles player I thought. So, not to be greedy, I kept it at my normal limit. I am in this for the long run, not just week to week. Kind of played it safe I felt.

Dmoneytx

Update on Play #3: WOW! Rivera wins his first set of the entire year I believe. I didn't see that one coiming at all. Especially from a player who just beat him last month 4 & 2. Molteni wasted 5 break points in that first set, not good. Rivera is up a break in the second now, not looking good for Monteni. Could we be looking at Rivera's first win all year???? Even if Molteni makes a come back late, I am still happy I followed my gut on this wager & didn't go more than one unit. Still a little frustrated by the scoreline though! Thought I read this one well.....

Hurley1085
    Hurley1085's Avatar Become A Pro!

on the Berdych and Delpotro train too in a parlay...I know I'm knew to this and I have a crazy parlay going...I know I'm green to this tennis capping and will probably catch hell for how big the parlay is. Keep you posted if it hits. Wawrinka brought it home just need delpotro to TCB. GL to everyone. Thanks for you thoughts D$

Hurley1085
    Hurley1085's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is the parlay you guys can give me hell over. 10 teams is excessive just need S. Williams to win and cash it! I left the $ amount out didn't want to be tacky but it was 1unit to win 2.67 units

All times in Central Standard Time (Saskatchewan)
    There are no transactions for the specified time period.
    Date Placed Description Placed By Risk To Win
    May 07, 2012 11:01:01 PM 10 Team Parlay #253932272
    Tennis - All tournaments for women (Game) Moneyline
    If either player retires before the match is completed then the event will be settled as no action.
    WTA - Women's Singles - Madrid Open, Spain
    Sharapova, M -5000 May 08/12@02:50a
    Competitor: Zakopalova, K
    If either player retires before the match is completed then the event will be settled as no action.
    Azarenka, V -5000 May 08/12@03:50a
    Competitor: Hlavackova, A
    Ivanovic, A -320 May 08/12@06:00a
    Competitor: Petrova, N
    Williams, S -2500 May 08/12@11:45a
    Competitor: Pavlyuchenkova, A
    Tennis - All tournaments for men (Game) Moneyline
    ATP - Men's Singles - Madrid Open, Spain
    Simon, G -650 May 08/12@03:00a
    Competitor: Fognini, F
    Wawrinka, S -1000 May 08/12@04:00a
    Competitor: Rochus, O
    Verdasco, F -900 May 08/12@05:00a
    Competitor: Istomin, D
    Del Potro, JM -1100 May 08/12@07:00a
    Competitor: Mayer, F
    Berdych, T -425 May 08/12@08:00a
    Competitor: Anderson, K
    Djokovic, N -10000 May 08/12@11:45a
    Competitor: Gimeno-Traver, D
    Last edited by Hurley1085; 05-08-12 at 02:20 PM.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it me or does the Fed v. Raonic line seem real fishy? Granted Fed hasn't played in roughly a month but that line just screams an underdog play.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Is it me or does the Fed v. Raonic line seem real fishy? Granted Fed hasn't played in roughly a month but that line just screams an underdog play.

Smart plays seems like Raonic +3 as a hedge to Raonic ML. Who knows? Maybe you hit both.

I'm staying away from this one, though. The line isn't that unreasonable, considering Raonic's powerful serve and how he performed in Barcelona. That match could go to three sets, or simply end in two sets with two tie-break victories for Federer.

But Federer still looks dominant at times, and +3 may not be enough if Raonic's serve isn't working for him. I just don't think this is a good match to bet, but I'm extremely cautious about which leans I select to actually wager on and often miss out on winning tickets. Better to be safe and ensure a solid profit imo.

Dmoneytx

5/9
    Play #1

Monfils -350
    Verdasco -650

Total = apprx. -201
    1u / 0.49u

Dmoneytx

Wanted to put my first play on the board since the Monfils match will start in about 12 mins. Updating yesterday & record in a few mins. I have been very busy with family & lessons, will hopefully have more time on here the next few days. BOL to ev1!!!

Dmoneytx

Play #1 - CASH IT

Raonic had 16 aces to win his match in straight sets 6-4, 6-4. Berdych won rather easily, just as I expected. Anderson looked all out of sorts. Berdych gets thru 6-4, 6-3.

Dmoneytx

Update on Play #2: Berdych had won his match, so we had Lopez left to cash this ticket. Lopez won the first set on a break. The second set went to tiebreaker & he lost it 8-10 I think. OUCH!! He proceeds to lose the third & the match 3-6, 7-6, 6-3. That would of gauranteed a winning day, but lost another tiebreaker to not cash a ticket, frustrating!!! Play #2 is a loss

Dmoneytx

Update on Play #3: DelPotro won easily in straights over Mayer 6-4, 6-2. So, we were waiting on Molteni to cash this ticket. Well, bitten again! He just beat Rivera 4&2 a month ago. Rivera has yet to win a set this year & wouldn't ya know, Rivera won this match yesterday 7-5, 6-3. What a choke job by Molteni. Play #3 is a loss

Dmoneytx

Todays Record 5/8:

Parlays (1-2)
    -1.06 units
    Straights (0-0) 0.0 units

Total =
    -1.06 units

Dmoneytx

Overall Record as of 5/8:

Parlays (25-12) +6.82 units
    Straights (2-3) -1.65 units

Total = (27-15) +5.17 units
    Total win % = 0.64%

Dmoneytx

***I wanted to get my first play up on the board quickly, so I posted it about 25 mins ago, about 16 mins before the first match on the ticket started. I have been super busy with other things the last few days, sorry for not updating the record or even plays yesterday. I had to teach over 8 hours yesterday, I was a zombie afterwards, had no energy to do anything. I might have some payouts today that are not the greatest, but I need to get back in the green for awhile. I am hoping for the best. I will post another play or two here asap. And GL to ev1 today!!!

Dmoneytx

Originally posted 27 mins ago:

5/9
    Play #1

Monfils -350
    Verdasco -650

Total = apprx. -201
    1u / 0.49u

(I wanted to repost this after I updated my plays & records from yesterday for organizational purposes)

Dmoneytx

Write Up - Play #1

Monfils had a good match yesterday! He beat Kohlscriber in 3 sets. He had 11 aces & struck the ball really well. His movement is always super good & having confidence going into today, I see him hard to beat. His opponent, Andreev, is enjoying a really good year so far. Switching back & forth from Challanger matches, he will have to bring his A game today to have a legit chance in my eyes. He beat Ferrero in straights first round, saved all 5 break points & had 11 aces surprisingly. I don't see him getting a ton of chances to break Monfils today & I don't see him saving all of his break points again today. I look for Monfils to get thru & into the next round.
    Verdasco never faced a break point yesterday when beating Istomin in straight sets. He had 6 aces & overall, his serving was very solid. I do like to back Verdasco when he is serving well. He is going to be confident coming into this match and he will have the home crowd cheering him on. His opponent, Falla, beat Grandpa Chela in the first round in 3 sets. He got into the main draw by going thru qualies. The last tment, he lost first round to Bachinger. He is a lefty & I think that on every category I would have to give the checkmark to Verdasco. Falla is going to have to bring his best game today to get thru Verdasco. If he doesn't, I look for big V to get into the next round.

Dmoneytx

5/9
    Play #2

Rosol -210
    Mello -375

Total = apprx. -101
    1u / 0.97u

Dmoneytx

Write Up - Play #2: (Going with two players at home today)
    Rosol looks to be serving really good again this tment. I love to take this guy when his serve is clicking. He won 12 of 13 points on ALL serves in the first set yesterday & had 4 aces. He advanced by retirement in the first game of the second set, so the serve looks to be rocking again. He will also have the hometown crowd cheering him on. His opponent, Goffin, has been playing very well this year so far. He beat Marrai yesterday in a 3rd set tiebreaker, long match & mentally worn a bit I'm sure. Last tment, he lost first round to Starace. The tment before that, he lost first round to Andujar. He has won 23 matches this year, but quite a few in qualies & lower players in the Challangers. I can see this as being really close actually. Hopefully Rosol's serve is the difference today moving him into the next round.
    Going with Mello, another home favored today. He beat Beretta yesterday in comfortable straights. He is striking the ball well & will have the crowd behind him. His opponent, Clezar, has lost 4 of his last 5 matches. He did beat dePaula 4&4 yesterday, but he will need to bring his best game I feel to give Mello a good run today. I am hoping the consistency & home crowd are enough to get Mello into the next round.

Dmoneytx

5/9
    Play #3

Gasquet -300
    Romboli -225

Total = apprx. - 107
    1u / 0.93u

RoryMacdonald
    RoryMacdonald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Solid picks. Bol

Dmoneytx

Thanks Rory! I am thinking of one more maybe, not sure yet. You are having a good day today if I remember correctly?? I hope so brotha. I want all of us to nail the books. F em!

RoryMacdonald
    RoryMacdonald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

5dimes f'ed my day up something awful, can't get anymore in. GL to you and ev1 whos tailing you bro

Dmoneytx

Write Up - Play #3:

I really really like how Gasquet finished his match yesterday. After losing the first set super close, he rebounded and won the 2nd easily & showed alot of heart winning the 3rd set tiebreaker. I'm sure he feels like he could be out of this tment by now, so he should be swinging away & very loose. Nothing like getting a second chance when your opponent prob should of put you away. He won over 75% of his first serve points yest & had 6 or 7 aces I think with no doubles. I look for him to play even better today now that he has his feet under him to get this tment started. Troicki was my play of the day on the first day of the tment I believe, but he really had his ups and downs with Donald Young. He did win in 3 sets, but to drop a set to Young?? NOT good. He doesn't move the greatest bec of his size, so if he isn't hitting a good ammount of winners today & serving super solid, I think Gasquet wins this match & continues his run here this week.
    Romboli has an 8-5 record this year. Hasn't played alot, but has won more than he has lost for sure. He has a GOOD draw this week & he is gonna take advantage of making it deep into a tment, THIS would be the time. He won yesterday 0&0, so he will have a great deal of confidence heading into this match. He almost made a final two months ago, losing close to Veic. He usually wins a round or two & today he has a good match up with his opponent Olivo. This is his first Challanger tment all year & he beat Pastor yesterday in a LONG match winning in the 3rd set breaker. He typically struggles on this level & when I saw that Juniqueria destroyed him at the end of last year, that told me something. Romboli will need to serve well, be very consistent (which he can do) & he will have a great chance to move into the next round.

Dmoneytx

I don't know who's tailing me Rory. I always say I want all of us to beat the book, LOL. It's kind of wierd too, I have had like over 5k views, but no one really posts replies on here. I continue to do my write ups the best I can, get my plays in & talk like there are 1,000 people out there listening to me, LMAO!!! I think over time, my record will speak for itself & more and more people will start to comment & leave messages. I hope so.....

As for 5dimes, I was with them forever! Maybe 10 years or so. Never had issues with payouts, I just needed a change of pace. I was playing too many plays. At Bovada, I can't do hadicaps, so I stay with ML's. It helps me not make so many plays & the payout I had so far was NO problem what so ever. But 5D does have the best lines I think, but I know exactly what you are talking about with the system error. I have dealt with that more times than I care to even remember.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5541

I can't wait till the french open. Get to see these players play there hardest and easier to cap and make money.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Hopefully Verdasco come back to win the next two sets! I have him in my other two parlays !

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    Hopefully Verdasco come back to win the next two sets! I have him in my other two parlays !
    I'm on Verdasco also, but I don't see it happening. He's making too many unforced errors, and his forehand hasn't been nearly as effective as it was against Istomin.

Dmoneytx

Verdasco will continue to fight. At home, he will not give up. If he can find an opening, hopefully he will take it & start to raise his game. The match isn't over after one set, as we all know. Vamos Verdasco!

ParlayininHTown

Verdasco finally gets a break after I rip him. The reverse jinx is in full effect

Dmoneytx

5/9
    Play #4

Tsonga -650
    DelPotro -1200
    Alves -500

Total = apprx. -200
    1u / 0.50u

Dmoneytx

I'm not watching match on anything, just on here for a min while I can. Thanks for the update. Hopefully he raises his game here & starts streaking.
    I also forgot to put my fourth play in earlier at home. Vamos Verdasco!

First ... 78910111213 ... Last