peteyw23
    peteyw23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

[Resolved] betonline don't honor their own rules on website

I placed in a horse wager Pick 6 on 4/25/2024, I hit the ticket. I got paid for the pick 6. the problem is, one of my horse selections on my ticket was a late scratch on my last leg. The betonline website states that "scratches involving multiple race wagers (pick 3s, 4s, and 6s) are subject to the host track rules." So as any horse player knows that when a horse get scratch, you automatically get the post time favorite for that race as a substitute horse on my pick 6 ticket. (which is also stated in the Keeneland race track OFFICIAL rules). The favorite wins the race. On my betting ticket, I have the winning horse which is the #10 horse AND the #11 horse (the scratched horse). So therefore, I should have 2 winning combinations on my betting ticket. I should get paid twice. That is the rules because in horse racing pick 6 wagers, all the money that was on the late scratched horse gets transferred onto the post time favorite horse. When the post time favorite horse wins, the pool is basically split among those who had both selections.

I called betonline MANY times to explain them the rules and at the end, they just told me “that’s the way it is” and I have to lose out on my winnings. they don’t follow the rules they post on their own website. I have all the screenshots of the rules with betonline and keeneland rules along with my betting ticket and results chart from equibase on that day.
    Last edited by Optional; 05-07-24 at 01:15 PM.

macb
    macb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Definitely graded wrong. You should continue to pursue this. I can't believe they wouldn't make this right, if you get the right person there. GL, Mac

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68811

Quote Originally Posted by macb View Post
    Definitely graded wrong. You should continue to pursue this. I can't believe they wouldn't make this right, if you get the right person there. GL, Mac
    From what I understand from the original post, I would agree with you.

If this was the racetrack that scratch would have switched to the favorite which gives him more than one winning ticket. I have seen that scenario countless times before but not at Betonline.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3204

I am confused; I thought no one hit the Pick 6 that day??
    Last edited by mrginandtonic; 04-29-24 at 10:37 AM.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4218

the results show / / / / or , , , , (4 slashes or commas ..should be 5 ) and say it was hit (6/6) for $3k + ...don't get it

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68811

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    I just glanced and assumed with that ticket.
    Guess I should have done my due diligence.
    Basically what I said was any scratches revert to the post time favorite of that race.
    Thought he had it once so that would have been twice. Of course if there were no tickets, it’s a real mess.
    I probably shouldn’t have responded.
    Sorry for any confusion

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9480

Check your PM inbox Petey

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7198

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Looks like it Was at Keeneland, the 10 won the last and the 11 was scratched. 6/6 paid over $3000. Definitely would have had twice at the track as the winning numbers were 8/9/7/7/3,7,9,12/10,11.....Definitely was an outside post bias that day. OP must have caught on to that.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3204

Quote Originally Posted by garyking View Post
    Looks like it Was at Keeneland, the 10 won the last and the 11 was scratched. 6/6 paid over $3000. Definitely would have had twice at the track as the winning numbers were 8/9/7/7/3,7,9,12/10,11.....Definitely was an outside post bias that day. OP must have caught on to that.
    Ahh I see, I was looking at closing day 4/26…. My bad. Yes then I agree; definitely should have gotten paid twice. Great job hitting the Pick 6’n

macb

Please keep us updated on the outcome. Thanks, Mac

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9628

I don't think you get paid twice, it's like 1 winning ticket. The scratched horse is just put in there for reference.

So if the No. 4 horse had won, you would have gotten nothing (unless 5 of 6 paid).

That's the way I see it, but maybe I'm wrong. I see your point, you had the 10 already so now you get the 10 twice? But I don't think it works that way, otherwise you'd have to have a complete second ticket to get the payoff twice, including the prior 5 races. Again, not 100 percent. But I'll be interested to see the final result.

I had no idea any offshores took Pick 6 or even Pick 5 bets. I think most stop at Pick 4.
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 04-30-24 at 05:11 PM.

garyking

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I don't think you get paid twice, it's like 1 winning ticket. The scratched horse is just put in there for reference.

So if the No. 4 horse had won, you would have gotten nothing (unless 5 of 6 paid).

That's the way I see it, but maybe I'm wrong. I see your point, you had the 10 already so now you get the 10 twice? But I don't think it works that way, otherwise you'd have to have a complete second ticket to get the payoff twice, including the prior 5 races. Again, not 100 percent. But I'll be interested to see the final result.

I had no idea any offshores took Pick 6 or even Pick 5 bets. I think most stop at Pick 4.

This is not true. Just because you don't bet the tickets separately doesn't mean you can't have two tickets. In this case the Op had 8/9/7/7/9/10, and 8/9/7/7/9/11. When the 11 was scratched it was replaced by the 10 as PT favorite. If the PT favorite was a different horse than the 10, the Op would have had only one winning ticket. In the previous race (also won by PT fav the 9) 3,7,9,12 are listed. If the 8 had won for example (not PT fav) only 8 would have been listed. And if the OP had 3,7,or 12 in that race they would have had even more winning tickets.
    It is surprising offshores would take the risk on Pick 6 wagers, and also small pool wagers like superfecta at australian harness racing for example where you can hit an all for 4th and often get paid more than was in the pool at the track.
    Last edited by garyking; 04-30-24 at 05:27 PM.

macb

Most offshore maximize payout at pool minus takeout percentage in that case

Seattle Slew

This is not true. Just because you don't bet the tickets separately doesn't mean you can't have two tickets. In this case the Op had 8/9/7/7/9/10, and 8/9/7/7/9/11. When the 11 was scratched it was replaced by the 10 as PT favorite. If the PT favorite was a different horse than the 10, the Op would have had only one winning ticket. In the previous race (also won by PT fav the 9) 3,7,9,12 are listed. If the 8 had won for example (not PT fav) only 8 would have been listed. And if the OP had 3,7,or 12 in that race they would have had even more winning tickets.
    It is surprising offshores would take the risk on Pick 6 wagers, and also small pool wagers like superfecta at australian harness racing for example where you can hit an all for 4th and often get paid more than was in the pool at the track.
    Here is the twinspires rule on this. I read this as you're getting paid one time. Each Pick 6 ticket is a single bet, regardless of how many horses you have. You're not getting paid twice.
    • If you have the post time favorite included in your wager and have more than one horse included in that leg (and one or more of your horses are scratched), you will receive the post time favorite for each horse that is scratched.
      • In other words – you may have placed the wager only once using the post time favorite, but if any number of your other horses in that leg are scratched, you will receive the post time favorite for EACH horse scratched.

Optional

Each Pick 6 ticket is a single bet, regardless of how many horses you have.
    I don't believe this is correct.

Are you saying it says those words in Twinspires rules? Or is that your interpretation of what you posted below the first sentence?

garyking

Here is the twinspires rule on this. I read this as you're getting paid one time. Each Pick 6 ticket is a single bet, regardless of how many horses you have. You're not getting paid twice.
    • If you have the post time favorite included in your wager and have more than one horse included in that leg (and one or more of your horses are scratched), you will receive the post time favorite for each horse that is scratched.
      • In other words – you may have placed the wager only once using the post time favorite, but if any number of your other horses in that leg are scratched, you will receive the post time favorite for EACH horse scratched.
    Are you telling me if i went up and did a $1 ticket 1-1-1-1-1-1 and hit all six and also did a single ticket 1-1-1-1-1-2 and the two was scratched in the last race and the 1 was post time fav in the last race that my second ticket I couldn't cash it? What are they going to do watch me? So a person who does two separate tickets obviously cashes twice, but the guy who spends $100 to bet all those combos on one ticket only gets paid for one winning ticket? In that case everybody would be holding up the tellers and machines to bet single tickets to make sure they could cash more than one ticket.

garyking

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't believe this is correct.

Are you saying it says those words in Twinspires rules? Or is that your interpretation of what you posted below the first sentence?
    Yes he is misinterpreting it. It says even if you have the post time fav in your ticket you will receive the post time fav for EACH horse scratched.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13948

Disagree. He should be paid for 2 tickets IMO.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

I've had my share of disputes in past all settled to my satisfaction and I dealt w Dave Mason to help which I suggest you do via Twitter. That said the last one a pick 5 similar to your case he told me we will this last time pay but no more as we do not pay consolation on horses. Now here though Is the tricky part where u have a case as on the rules it is not clear as you can't use host track rules and then say no consolation. They need to clear this up pay you and update...see rule

Scratches involving multiple race wagers (pick 3s, 4s and 6s) are subject to the host tracks official rules. A horse scratching does not refund these ticket parts automatically. If a horse is a late scratch then consolations are not paid

Seattle Slew

Are you telling me if i went up and did a $1 ticket 1-1-1-1-1-1 and hit all six and also did a single ticket 1-1-1-1-1-2 and the two was scratched in the last race and the 1 was post time fav in the last race that my second ticket I couldn't cash it? What are they going to do watch me? So a person who does two separate tickets obviously cashes twice, but the guy who spends $100 to bet all those combos on one ticket only gets paid for one winning ticket? In that case everybody would be holding up the tellers and machines to bet single tickets to make sure they could cash more than one ticket.
    OK, I see now. I'm interested to see what the end result is here since this is offshore. I haven't found any language where it says "but if the favorite is already on your ticket and it wins, you only get paid once." Kinda like if you bet a 1 and 1A in a race.

Now if you use your argument "what if I had played a separate ticket" the answer could be "in that case, you get paid" but only if you had a separate ticket.
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 05-01-24 at 09:54 AM.

peteyw23

I have not yet been credited correctly my winnings. I am still missing $3225.46. I also explained to them to look at an easier way, My ticket cost $144 for a $1 pick 6 ticket. that means I have 144 combinations. I just put 144 tickets all into 1. so there's 2 tickets that are winners. if I placed 144 separate bets on betonline, they have to pay me for 2 of the winning tickets. both the 10 and 11 horse gets paid because the 11 was a late scratch and the 10 horse was the post time favorite. that's the rule for all major race tracks in the US for pick 6 wagers.

it's not fair for me because all the money on the 11 horse went on the 10 horse so my payout got divided. so it's not right for them to not pay me twice.

when I called VIP services, all they said was that's the way it is. no one can do anything. I told the rep, so even if the person grading it don't know what's going on, I have to just eat it? he said yeah, that's the way it is. how messed up is that???

peteyw23

I've also made a complaint on this website to betonline. I submitted my claim with step by step explanation and screenshots of my ticket with betonline, their rules on the website, the official results from equibase with winning numbers and payouts, and the official rules from Keeneland for the pick 6 wager regarding scratched horses.

I have not had any replies from anyone. I have emailed Dave Mason with everything I have. thank you everyone for trying to help. hitting a pick 6 is not easy as you all know. it's frustrating not to get paid correctly for it when you do hit it.
    Last edited by peteyw23; 05-07-24 at 01:44 AM.

peteyw23

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I've had my share of disputes in past all settled to my satisfaction and I dealt w Dave Mason to help which I suggest you do via Twitter. That said the last one a pick 5 similar to your case he told me we will this last time pay but no more as we do not pay consolation on horses. Now here though Is the tricky part where u have a case as on the rules it is not clear as you can't use host track rules and then say no consolation. They need to clear this up pay you and update...see rule

Scratches involving multiple race wagers (pick 3s, 4s and 6s) are subject to the host tracks official rules. A horse scratching does not refund these ticket parts automatically. If a horse is a late scratch then consolations are not paid
    I am aware they posted that rule on betonline. but a scratched horse is not considered a consolation prize. you get a substitute horse which is the post time favorite when your horse scratches from the race. all the money on the scratched horse goes onto the post time favorite. so the pool is also divided among tickets that have the scratched horse.

for a pick 6 wager, consolation prize is hitting 5 out of 6. For my ticket, I should of gotten paid for 5 out of 6 with multiple tickets on my wager. but I didn't even mention it to betonline because I'm following the rules on their website. I know I shouldn't even get paid for 5 out of 6. But my scratched horse is the pick 6 winner, not a consolation payout.

peteyw23

you are 100% right about this rule. I have 2 winning combinations on my ticket. 8/9/7/7/9/10, and 8/9/7/7/9/11. I just can't believe betonline don't know this. this is what my ticket looks like I bet with betonline (I have the ticket screenshot)

Keeneland 4/25/24

$1 Pick 6

Race 4: 3,5,8
    Race 5: 5.9
    Race 6: 2,7
    Race 7: 7
    Race 8: 4,9,11
    Race 9: 1,5,10,11

this is the official winning numbers from equibase:

$1 Pick 6 8-9-7-7-3/7/9/12-10/11 (5 correct) $45.56

$1 Pick 6 8-9-7-7-3/7/9/12-10/11 (6 correct) $3225.46

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by peteyw23 View Post
    I have not had any replies from anyone. I have emailed Dave Mason with everything I have. thank you everyone for trying to help. hitting a pick 6 is not easy as you all know. it's frustrating not to get paid correctly for it when you do hit it.
    Ridiculous.

I'm surprised Dave Mason did not get this fixed for you.

I'd chase him up again with a link to this thread in case he missed your message.

peteyw23

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Ridiculous.

I'm surprised Dave Mason did not get this fixed for you.

I'd chase him up again with a link to this thread in case he missed your message.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP. I RECEIVED THE REST OF WINNINGS AFTER I GET A REPLY FROM DAVE MASON!!

I don't know how to express the way I'm feeling right now. after trying to 2 weeks and nothing was done, I thought it just a lost cause and I had to eat the loss. I didn't expect this day at all. I know it's not tens of thousands but it's a pick 6 wager that was hit. I've only hit the pick 6 four times in 20 years. thank you guys again!
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave peteyw23 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: str