SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2802

Cloudbet HUGE Red Flag

Hello All,

I have seen some threads / posts recently indicating that CloudBet may be a concern in terms of honouring wagers and honouring withdrawals.

When I navigated through these threads / posts I was not overly concerned because in all cases the behaviour of the individuals involved was something I would never do. For example, in several cases the OP had either signed up from / presented KYC documents from / logged on and placed bets from a prohibited jurisdiction OR in one case I saw the accusation was that the OP had placed bets on an outcome AFTER that outcome was already determined.

None of these cases concerned me as we all know that in these kinds of cases an offshore book will void wagers / confiscate entire balance / return only the deposit (depending on the book and depending on the nature of the offence). I am not condoning these actions by the offshore book - but the fact is that once you have been around the block once or twice you know that you are placing yourself at huge risk by doing any of the above - and therefore you learn not to do it.

HOWEVER

Something I have noticed at Cloudbet has now raised a HUGE red flag with me:

1. I created an account at Cloudbet approximately 2 weeks ago. My intention was to monitor odds there and if I decided that sometimes the odds were good enough to bet there, I would make a deposit and place some bets at Cloudbet

2. About 3 days ago I was going through some odds / lines at Cloudbet. These were favourable and therefore I decided that I would make a deposit

3. I decided to go through the site to check the rules and t&c

4. The following is clearly stated in the "My Account" section of the website (it occupies about 50% of the total space in "My Account"):

"100% Deposit Match BTC Bonus. Make your first deposit and we will reward you with a bonus of 100% up to a maximum of 5 BTC."

Note that at current rates 5BTC = approx 135K USD

Obviously Cloudbet is not going to honour a 135K USD bonus. Therefore this is an "old" statement in the "My Account" section (perhaps when BTC was worth 100USD or so). The fact remains that Cloudbet has not had the wherewithal to correct this obvious mistake - a mistake with text that occupies approximately 50% of the space in the "My Account" section. This leads me to believe that Cloudbet lacks competence and - frankly - because of this glaring incompetence I do not trust them with any deposit/wagers I might make.

For those reading this post: I would be grateful if you could comment on your experience with Cloudbet - specifically:

1. Have all your wagers been honoured?

2. Have you been able to withdraw with no issues?

I am less concerned by comments that involve signing up from / logging on from / presenting KYC docs from a prohibited jurisdiction as this is something I would never do.

Thanks for reading.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Have you seen their limits? Micro is a generous term.

Theres no need to play there, theres 10+ other books that use the exact same odds provider with far better reputations

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Have you seen their limits? Micro is a generous term.

Theres no need to play there, theres 10+ other books that use the exact same odds provider with far better reputations
    Hello DroopyDog,

Thanks for your reply. Are you able to list here the 10+ books that offer the same odds as Cloudbet? I will investigate each site to see if they have identical lines/odds + honour all wagers + no issues with withdrawals.

Again - thanks for your prompt response.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5888

Droopy is right they are the shadiest of all btc books IMO. No reason at all to use them. Fairlay, Nitrogen and Stake(VPN USA) all solid options add Betcoin if you are not USA.

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Droopy is right they are the shadiest of all btc books IMO. No reason at all to use them. Fairlay, Nitrogen and Stake(VPN USA) all solid options add Betcoin if you are not USA.
    Hello LittleKona.

Thanks for your reply.

In terms of Cloudbet being shady - are you able to elaborate? For example, "shady" could mean delaying or making excuses prior to authorising a withdrawal or perhaps not honouring a withdrawal at all. All responses would be received with thanks.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5888

Quote Originally Posted by SportsBettor74 View Post
    Hello LittleKona.

Thanks for your reply.

In terms of Cloudbet being shady - are you able to elaborate? For example, "shady" could mean delaying or making excuses prior to authorising a withdrawal or perhaps not honouring a withdrawal at all. All responses would be received with thanks.
    they freerolled many players esp from USA in past. No need to use them with other much better options

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    they freerolled many players esp from USA in past. No need to use them with other much better options
    Thanks for your reply. I am aware that CB freerolled USA clients. This is unfortunate. This also fits into my initial description: "I am less concerned by comments that involve signing up from / logging on from / presenting KYC docs from a prohibited jurisdiction as this is something I would never do."

I agree that freerolling USA customers (who did not read the t&c) is shady - HOWEVER - if, for example, ten Euro-based clients replied here stating that they had no issues with withdrawals then that would be enough for me.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9592

I know of at least one person who made ~ US$1mil deposit there and was making bets big enough to justify the 135k bonus. So may not be an oversight.

They did try to take that guys money for a while there though.

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I know of at least one person who made ~ US$1mil deposit there and was making bets big enough to justify the 135k bonus. So may not be an oversight.

They did try to take that guys money for a while there though.
    Wow - that is interesting. It might be worth me contacting CB customer service to find out what the terms are regarding that 100% first deposit bonus. For "mere mortals" this might be just 1 or 2k USD. I'll now have a look at the t&c and/or contact Cloudbet cs and report back here.

In the meantime - let us see if >10 euro-based customers who did not violate the t&c are able to report here that Cloudbet honours wagers and withdrawals.

UglyTruth777
    UglyTruth777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4840

I'm from the EU. After several bets on football, the top European championships (handigap and total) they closed these lines to me and left only 1x2. the crypto withdraw immediately and quickly without KYC. As for me - it's a waste of time.

SportsBettor74

Quote Originally Posted by UglyTruth777 View Post
    I'm from the EU. After several bets on football, the top European championships (handigap and total) they closed these lines to me and left only 1x2. the crypto withdraw immediately and quickly without KYC. As for me - it's a waste of time.
    Thank you for this informed response