Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Additional wager options for Matchbook users

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Starting today straight bets will be available on Parlaymakers. There are some rules that apply. Basically, anything that Matchbook does not offer can now be done on Matchbook via Parlaymakers. Things like European basketball, European hockey, lots more international soccer options (2nd tier leagues, Brazil, Argentina), some additional prop bets, some smaller mainly European sports like volleyball, water polo, futsal, at times some additional tennis options. You can create these straight bets now just like you would create a parlay or teaser with the event posting in the Xbets area.

Also, if you see an event on Matchbook that does not have any offers you can submit a straight bet on Parlaymakers and we will post an offer in that event so you can place your wager. We are adding some liquidity to some of those less popular events already on Matchbook. Note, this offer will not appear in the Xbets section but under the existing (already listed) Matchbook event.

We will reject any straight bet request that already has an existing liquid market in Matchbook.

Here are the official rules:
    Straight Bet Rules

1. Submitted straight bets for events that are not currently listed on Matchbook in any of their regular sporting event categories will be created in the Xbet area of Matchbook, listed with the order ID number provided by Parlaymakers.
    2. Submitted straight bets for events that are currently listed on Matchbook in any of their regular sporting event categories that have sufficient available offers on those events will be rejected.
    3. Submitted straight bets for events that are currently listed on Matchbook in any of their regular sporting event categories that do not have sufficient available offers or where Parlaymakers offer is better will be accepted and Parlaymakers will submit an offer in the appropriate category on Matchbook based on the odds in the straight bet that has been submitted. This will not appear in Xbets but in the event that is already on Matchbook.
    4. Maximum straight bet is $250.

Best of luck to everyone

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

I needed a good water polo out ...

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

nice idea

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

It's a start.

Max009 - What's the point of a $250 limit? Why so low?

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    It's a start.

Max009 - What's the point of a $250 limit? Why so low?
    We think $250 to start out with should cover most wagers people want to place on these events. We are open to increasing that limit as the volume grows. Was there a particular limit you were looking for and if so on what sport or league?

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    nice idea
    Thanks, we think it adds so me nice new options for Matchbook users.

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Max. I think most of us would appreciate some information on the difficulties we have been experiencing on Matchbook with outages and "Market Suspensions". I am sure you can appreciate how infuriating (not to mention expensive) this can be.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Dunder View Post
    Hi Max. I think most of us would appreciate some information on the difficulties we have been experiencing on Matchbook with outages and "Market Suspensions". I am sure you can appreciate how infuriating (not to mention expensive) this can be.
    I can't speak for Matchbook but the internet is a challenging environment to have everything working properly 100% of the time. I am sure no one is working harder to reach that 100% goal than the people at Matchbook.

Having said that, from a business point of view, I know that you can't make excuses and you just have to execute better. I know that is my perspective when there are problems and I am sure it is theirs too.

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Max009 View Post
    I can't speak for Matchbook but the internet is a challenging environment to have everything working properly 100% of the time. I am sure no one is working harder to reach that 100% goal than the people at Matchbook.

Having said that, from a business point of view, I know that you can't make excuses and you just have to execute better. I know that is my perspective when there are problems and I am sure it is theirs too.
    My apologies, I thought you were somehow affiliated with Matchbook, on closer reading, I can see that is not the case.

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by Dunder View Post
    My apologies, I thought you were somehow affiliated with Matchbook, on closer reading, I can see that is not the case.
    No problem.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

nm
    Last edited by durito; 11-28-09 at 05:08 PM.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Can we bet against an outcome as you can at betfair ?

Max009

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    Can we bet against an outcome as you can at betfair ?
    There are a some Yes and No prop bets available like in Tennis and NHL. Did you have a specific example?

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Sun, 29 November 13:00
    Carolina Panthers
    2.66 Back
    2.74 Lay

NY Jets
    1.58 Back
    1.6 Lay

So on the money line If you think Carolina will win you wager $2 to win 1.32
    If you take the lay option you think Carolina will lose you wager 2 to win 1.48
    Last edited by minet123; 11-29-09 at 09:07 AM.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Even at Betfair they are cross-matched, so on a 2-way market there is no benefit to back/lay.