cantbet2014
    cantbet2014's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Hi all,

A couple of days ago I checked this thread for the first time in 2015 and I'm so glad I did. I'm really heartened by the new enthusiasm and the recent progress that's being made after feeling like this was a lost cause in 2014. I've emailed Tommy and he's already replied to say he'll be in touch in the coming days with instructions about what part I can play in this plan going forward.

I just wanted to post something here to publicly commit myself to the cause and hopefully jolt others into doing likewise. Last year I watched this thread very closely but didn't post as I tried to achieve what I could by myself. Lost a lot of heart when the UK Gambling Commission showed their true lack of worth and it seemed like being a UK resident wasn't much use. I'm so pleased that new avenues are being explored and it looks like I can still be useful.

Really this post is to urge anyone still silently watching from the sidelines to get involved now. It looks like John has ruffled a few feathers on here and good on him. Sometimes the proverbial kick up the backside is what's needed. As I said to Tommy, it would be awesome to play a part in recovering everyone's money. If we can't get our money back but we can stop other people being ripped off by this kind of fraud then that'll be a decent outcome as well.

I've just had a quick look at the Peter Lord Of Canbet websites Lord has had put up. To anyone not in the know the website content comes across as utterly stilted and bizarre; to anyone who's been affected by the Canbet fiasco they feel like another giant slap in the face. So count me in guys.

JohnJohnToTheMax
    JohnJohnToTheMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Guys,

In light of the email address and website removals, if you have not been in contact with tommy.robredo/Tommy, contact him via private message. If you want to join and HELP us, we will welcome you.

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Getting in Contact with Tommy

Thanks to all those who have so far contacted Tommy with their details and offers of help.

As John has already said, from now on it's best to send Tommy (tommy.robredo) a private message. However, I know not all of you can do that if your post count is low... so just create a new post in here with the words "Tommy Please PM me", and he'll be in touch.

IMPORTANT: please don't bother contacting him until you have done your research and read previous posts. None of us have the time to repeat what has already been said in here, a hundred times. Cheers.

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by Fred87 View Post
    ffacebook peter lord wife is online today
    Great spotting Fred! I'm sure her husband won't be impressed, but she's probably sick and tired of having to hide away, thanks to all the people PL has chasing him.

potless
    potless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

can't be long now til all the outstanding funds are returned
    keep up the good work

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20617

Out of interest I just looked up the Peter Lord of Canbet website.
    First article talks about what he regards as Australia's best 3 races.
    He chose to name the 3 richest ones which I suppose is ok but he got 2 of them horribly wrong in stating that the Melbourne Cup and Cox Plate are for three year olds!
    The Melbourne Cup is an open quality handicap open to horses of 3 years and older. The Cox Plate is run at standard weight for age and is also open to horses 3 years and older.
    Another IT glitch Peter?

JohnJohnToTheMax

Quote Originally Posted by potless View Post
    can't be long now til all the outstanding funds are returned
    keep up the good work

Thanks. Did you identify yourself to Tommy via his email or PM him so he knows which customer you are?

JohnJohnToTheMax

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    He chose to name the 3 richest ones which I suppose is ok but he got 2 of them horribly wrong in stating that the Melbourne Cup and Cox Plate are for three year olds!
    The Melbourne Cup is an open quality handicap open to horses of 3 years and older. The Cox Plate is run at standard weight for age and is also open to horses 3 years and older.
    Another IT glitch Peter?
    Peter Lord of Canbet also simply scammed the Australian racing industry. You have to pay to allow bets on Australian races and Canbet did none of that, despite having a "proud" member of the Victorian Horse Owners' Association or whatever as one of its directors.

Notice how I used "Peter Lord of Canbet". I want to reclaim this phrase and also "Peter Lord of Wollongong". Guys, please use these in roughly equal measure when referring to Peter Lord.

JohnJohnToTheMax

We need people, again, to really read the forum posts if they want to join our cause. Tommy is not your mother and won't chase you. You need to PM Tommy (or ask for him to PM you) or email him to either join as a new contributor or also to give him your email address so we can match it to your SBR nickname (even if you're not a new contributor).

Peter Lord is scared. He wanted my number the other night. He treated me indifferently in January and then panicked and hired/rehired Mark McDonald. Now he can see our blogs ranking, a new website I commissioned and much better coordination on SBR.

Recently he has even more to fear. I know the political system in Australia, how funding is granted and how to contact politicians to raise awareness. I have also dug up, along with others, countless shoddy business connections of his.

We cannot start and stop momentum. We must keep it. Complacency is our enemy.

We are keeping track of who responds to our emails and who contributes.

We are open and welcoming, providing everyone helps. We don't care for perfect English and half of our excellent ex-customer helpers speak English as a second (or third) language.

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Another IT glitch Peter?
    Ha! Not to mention his mistake in polluting the internet with junk blogs containing the keyphrase "PeterLordofCanbet", yet failing to secure the dot com domain name equivalent. Ooopsy!

jewelsjagas
    jewelsjagas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

"Tommy Please PM me

hey, i want to be contacted please

tommy.robredo
    tommy.robredo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by jewelsjagas View Post
    hey, i want to be contacted please
    Hello jewel, I will contact you within a few days. First I need you to read and know back-to-front, 1000% all the posts, especially from John, mojo and I, so you are completely informed of our expectations and the need for proper, effective group action.

At the moment, I am in the midst of coordinating the larger group for action and it's not possible for you to catch up over this weekend.

JohnJohnToTheMax

Peter Lord of Canbet Fun Fact #1

Peter Lord of Canbet's contemporary business endeavours, Canbet, Results International and The International Equine Group's International Academy of Equine Education, have failed and lost collectively millions of dollars, yet Peter Lord of Wollongong had a house valued at $2.9 million dollars from my memory.

mojo, please post the link if you have it.

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

It seems that situation heating up . We need to keep up and follow Tommy and John. Every Lord business failure was caused by technical glitches, he can confirm this for sure

Kova
    Kova's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Count me in, just to catch up all and see what to do ...

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohnToTheMax View Post
    Peter Lord of Canbet Fun Fact #1

Peter Lord of Canbet's contemporary business endeavours, Canbet, Results International and The International Equine Group's International Academy of Equine Education, have failed and lost collectively millions of dollars, yet Peter Lord of Wollongong had a house valued at $2.9 million dollars from my memory.

mojo, please post the link if you have it.

http://www.homehound.com.au/listing/...ange-nsw-2526/

It seems this listing (his, or the next owners?) was withdrawn from the market. Nevertheless, it's a bloody huge property worth millions.

JohnJohnToTheMax

Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    http://www.homehound.com.au/listing/...ange-nsw-2526/

It seems this listing (his, or the next owners?) was withdrawn from the market. Nevertheless, it's a bloody huge property worth millions.
    Is that a racetrack I can see as a view from the property? Wow, every day Lord can be reminded about how he screwed over and scammed the Australian racing industry by not having Canbet pay its dues as required by racing rules and regulations.

What good is the health of the industry, support for jockeys, especially when they are injured, and other trivialities when Lord can get more immediate profits for himself and whatever company he leads to eventual and massive failure?

JohnJohnToTheMax

Can you please send that as a link to Tommy, mojo?

Anyone who wants to see pictures of the house should have access, especially if links are removed here in time.

Where exactly has Peter Lord of Canbet made all this money from? I am yet to hear of any concrete financial success he has had, even with all those blogs he wrote. They're complete vague. Where are the independent testimonials for Kaesbrook Consulting Pty Ltd, for example? Its Australian Business Number is 21 143 374 789 and the Australian Company Number is 143 374 789. But the business is a phantom online. The only ratings it usually gets are ones anyone can vote on, with no names or reputable business names attached to them.

JohnJohnToTheMax

Guys, we need three solid months of additional work and pressure on this. We can't rely on a select group, we need a wider body of contributors. Peter Lord of Wollongong would be reading this forum with steadily increasing unease.

We have a solid website, dozens of blogs being erected and many third parties being contacted.

Keep yourselves sharp and ready, the momentum is ours to continue.

tommy.robredo

Hi mojo, you said you had some questions to ask about the Lord phone call John had the other night. I've seen John's notes, and can probably answer some queries while he's unavailable. I'll keep checking here for 20 or so minutes. If you reply, fine, otherwise we can speak tomorrow.

tommy.robredo

While I'm still checking..........

Everyone new to this, remember to indicate in this thread that you wish to be contacted by me and I'll PM you during the middle of the week. Momentum is building and that's fantastic, but we must keep it up and look for more.

The more people who know about the walking business disaster Peter Lord the better.

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by tommy.robredo View Post
    Hi mojo, you said you had some questions to ask about the Lord phone call John had the other night. I've seen John's notes, and can probably answer some queries while he's unavailable. I'll keep checking here for 20 or so minutes. If you reply, fine, otherwise we can speak tomorrow.
    Thanks Tommy. I just wanted some clarity on the reason for calling Peter. It sounds like it ruffled his feathers.. which has to be a good thing. I'm assuming John hasn't heard back anything more?

mojobullfrog

I mean, it's interesting that Peter didn't hang up on John straight away, since Peter holds contempt for all of us. John must really have stirred the pot.

tommy.robredo

No probs.

Firstly, John would have answered your question via email but it's important EVERYONE knows. What John discussed with Lord is not sensitive information that should be kept from the broader Canbet customer community. John has overtime for work and graduate studies deadlines this week, so he'll be quieter and I'll answer as best I can on his behalf. He can correct any mistakes when he's back.

John is yet to hear back on whether Mark McDonald still represents Lord. He heard contradictory messages a week/week and a half ago. McDonald's office said he had no instructions from Lord, a fairly ambiguous statement. Could mean he's a client and no instructions have been given or simply that he's Lord's normal lawyer but not acting for him right now.

He also called Lord to give him a heads up on the website being created last week and to inform about new action started on Good Friday.

tommy.robredo

Yes, he did stir the pot, simply through calling. There was no abuse directed at Lord, despite the lies Lord regularly invents when people contact him so he can claim a form of victim status.

To be clear, we have had to rely on notes as recording phone conversations is against Australian law. You may have heard about the Alan Jones comments re Julia Gillard being secretly recorded at a university political event a few years ago. No charges followed but we do not take any chances and nor should any other Canbet customers. Do not record any conversations you have with Lord, just make written notes as soon as you can after the call.

mojobullfrog

I remember one of John's posts a month or so ago, in which he posted an email he received from Peter Lord of Canbet. Lord implicitly stated the following:

"There will be no further communication from me in relation to this matter. If you had come to me personally with a phone call or email, I would have happily given you the time and explained the situation. Given that you have chosen to go down the path that you have you will not be given anymore air time on the subject. I will not answer your calls, return your emails or messages."

So whether or not Mark McDonald is still acting on Lord's behalf, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Especially now that Lord knows about the new action and website.

tommy.robredo

Yes, that's the weird thing. Lord definitely said he would NOT entertain further conversation but he asked multiple, multiple times for John's number.

At the beginning of the call, John asked if it was Peter Lord answering as he only heard "Hello". Lord was extremely reluctant to say and only confirmed after three or four promptings.

mojobullfrog

Yeah, that's a particularly good point.

So how do you see the next few weeks playing out? Are all those forum members who said they wanted to help, making a contribution?
    Last edited by mojobullfrog; 04-06-15 at 06:37 AM.

tommy.robredo

Pretty much everyone is. Hundreds of emails have been sent since Friday. Obviously there are hundreds of customers we don't know about, but most forum members involved recently have sent dozens of emails themselves, under the direction of John and I.

We need continued momentum and action. We call on everyone again to either join us as newbies or continue as they have been emailing.

mojobullfrog

Yes, that's the weird thing. Lord definitely said he would NOT entertain further conversation but he asked multiple, multiple times for John's number.

At the beginning of the call, John asked if it was Peter Lord answering as he only heard "Hello". Lord was extremely reluctant to say and only confirmed after three or four promptings.
    I guess this is Lord's way of trying to micro-manage everything.. and remain one step ahead of the game. Well, by the sounds of it, John's done a good job of getting the message through that we're a united front that can see through his spin.... eg. Canbet Directors Statement from February 12th 2014:

"We wish to stress at this point in time that the directors of Canbet are doing everything possible to ensure that you are paid... We wish to acknowledge that this experience has caused a lot of angst and anger amongst the Canbet customers. This has not been deliberate in any shape or form and we look forward to reaching a satisfactory outcome. In summary, we reiterate that we have not abandoned Canbet or its clients and are working towards the objective of full payout of legitimate claims."

Ahh, what bumpkin!

tommy.robredo

Lord was also swearing quite profusely. He claimed to be at a family dinner.

He kept insisting John give his number to him. John reminded him of his broken promises, EXACTLY like the Canbet one where he promised again and again NOT to abandon, and also the stories we have been told about him ALWAYS wanting to talk, NEVER writing things down. John said he needed written contact, he wouldn't rely on verbal talks.

As I said earlier, calls can't be recorded legally. So written form is the only way we will talk to Lord in detail.

mojobullfrog

Pretty much everyone is. Hundreds of emails have been sent since Friday. Obviously there are hundreds of customers we don't know about, but most forum members involved recently have sent dozens of emails themselves, under the direction of John and I.

We need continued momentum and action. We call on everyone again to either join us as newbies or continue as they have been emailing.
    That's reassuring to hear.

I'm damn grateful for you guys helping to get things happening again. The more people who help spread the word about the Canbet story and Peter Lord's business activities, the greater the chances we all have of a successful outcome. I just hope everyone realises this and continues to go hard!

tommy.robredo

When I spoke with John after the call, we found it especially hard to believe Lord's assertion that he "didn't read the SBR forum" and had "more important things to do".

Utter lies. Mark McDonald specifically referenced John's SBR posts in his legal letter threatening him weeks ago. They've been trawling this place since they first realised what damage he was causing Lord by spreading the truth, starting with his personal and Wollongong connections.

mojobullfrog

He's not the classiest guy in the world, that's for sure... and definitely has tickets on himself. Soon (if not already) he'll realise he's not untouchable.

tommy.robredo

Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    That's reassuring to hear.

I'm damn grateful for you guys helping to get things happening again. The more people who help spread the word about the Canbet story and Peter Lord's business activities, the greater the chances we all have of a successful outcome. I just hope everyone realises this and continues to go hard!
    Yeah, and Lord realises how tenuous his situation is.

He either did not hear because of his blathering towards John or deliberately avoided answering the question of whether Mark McDonald still represents him.

I personally think he's panicking. Here is a man who had (or still has?) a $2.9 million home. He has multiple business failures and if ANYONE knew the full extent of these failures, would they hire him?

Lord is trying to "protect" his reputation, the true details of which would make anyone run a MILLION miles away, so he can still make $100,000's per year. We are a threat to that and he knows it. Any potential client, investor or business partner who got wind of the facts of his business history and "acumen" would rip their hard-earned from his hands or presence within 0.0000637 seconds.

First ... 49505152535455 ... Last