tommy.robredo
    tommy.robredo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

I second mojo's words.

We're happy to follow guidelines, even if we prefer more freedom to write information, but we have no clue as to what these guidelines are. And I do agree with mojo that my comments were less excoriating than Shari's were in the past. Shari's comments re Canbet issues were totally justified and 100% accurate; it just surprises me that I was censored for posting names of people who could help protect taxpayers and local businesses from being duped about Lord's "business" track record.

I am not asking for "vigilanteism" or encouraging it, I am trying, along with John, to foster accountability.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9575

I asked Shari for advice on that post. I suggested to her that I thought it was getting a bit too vigilante like.

Shari, I and SBR want you to be successful and hold these guys to account. But just think about posting third party contact information or advocating harassing anyone. These things can backfire on you, and SBR, in ways none of us might expect at the time.

The blog idea to combat Lord and White's covert PR campaign is a great idea.

Contacting the relevant govt reps about looking into his other ventures is great too.

If your posts concentrate on activities that might get some financial relief for the victims, rather than punishing or victimizing these two or their non-directly-relevant business contacts it should be fine.

Don't think anyone here is against you. ;-)

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Thanks for the feedback. It's definitely helpful knowing how all of us can use this forum to achieve some kind of positive result. Furthermore, I agree about concentrating on activities that may lead to financial relief for the victims. However, I believe focusing on Lord's and White's associated businesses is just as important, because even if you weren't directly affected by these 2 guys, the chances are someone else will be in the future. And if this forum can help offset that likelihood, by informing 3rd parties, then surely that's a good thing.

Not sure everyone will agree with me of course... but that's just my 2 cents worth for today.

JohnJohnToTheMax
    JohnJohnToTheMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Optional and Shari, thanks for your comments on the forum and privately. We know you are not against us and realise a difference in opinion between us doesn't mean the forum is not a useful and supportive arena.

I agree with mojo and Tommy. We must protect others. Peter and Graeme move onto new projects with relative impunity but we must be the last major group of investors or customers ever shortchanged by their flea-brained business "acumen".

Anyone who reads this and is owed money: immediately get in touch with us here or via email.

We have plans to contact hundreds of politicians to bring attention to this issue and collectively create hundreds of blogs, along with a major site developed by mojo.

Our cause has been delayed the last year because of uncertainty and a lack of coordination.

Tommy, mojo and I will get this coordination for the group and give us the best chance to get our funds back and justice served.

Our goal is to get our money back and have particularly Peter's name indelibly linked with Canbet and over a million in lost money, plus his other failed schemes which lost over a million.

Anyone who gets a slick offer from Peter himself will be unable to not encounter information about his colourful antecedence. A proper Google search will expose him as a pathological liar who inflates his "success" with mere verbiage and hides his true résumé from potential clients.

Our plan is already working. People at Thirroul Rugby League Club all knew about Peter's failures and those affected, even before we contacted them ourselves. Someone else had beaten us to it. Same for many at the surf club and in the horsing community.

How can Peter possibly explain how Canbet went from £5 million of capital to bankrupt, including well over $1 million in customer funds lost? Plus $666,000 in government money wasted on a now non-existent school? And another $666,000 from mostly private investors?

Onwards and upwards, comrades, the time is ours.
    Last edited by JohnJohnToTheMax; 03-24-15 at 01:05 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: simply

44hawk
    44hawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Moderator help please?

A request to SBR and its moderators.

I appreciate data protection, there are good reasons for the protection, but is it not possible for SBR to email their Canbet clients to inform them of the progress and ongoing action on this forum?

You have their email addresses and are legally able to do this which can only provide positive feedback for yourselves as one of the major sports forums. I would like to think that all Canbet clients and others would see your positive attitude towards our fight for justice as a reason to continue to visit and express their views on your site and extol its numerous benefits.

I sincerely hope you will consider my request and help all of us in this fight for justice.

Sincere regards

RoepStoep
    RoepStoep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Emails to NSW Counsellors

I have sent out emails to all NSW Counsellors and representatives of the Illawarra Bussiness Chamber, detailing my personal history with CanBet and warning against Peter Lord's continued "bussiness". As I am living in The Netherlands I am willing to represent the Dutch wing of CanBet victims, although I must confess my personal life is rather busy at the moment.

I will post here any responses to my emails, I hope all others will keep us informed as well!

the bison
    the bison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Did anything come of all those emails we sent to Glen Humphries at the Illawarra Mercury I wonder?

tommy.robredo

SBR Usernames

Can people please identify or re-identify their SBR usernames by emailing me or John. We're trying to figure out which SBR users/posters are who relative to their email accounts when we communicate with them via email.

tommy.robredo

44hawk and the bison, we need you to identify yourself via email. If you don't have my email (which I always sign off with using my name, Tommy), private message. But email is 1000% preferred.

RoepStoep, we're 95% sure who you are, but confirm your SBR nick via email, please.

44hawk

Hi Tommy,

Will email you direct

44hawk

Have done all of the emails as requested and sent the email regarding the Canbet offer as an attachment. Now working on the other, hope I'm doing it right, correction hope the father in law is doing it right and if Mojobullfrog needs any help he said he will gladly help in anyway he can.

Got stop these anyway we can

mojobullfrog

Who's with us?

For those of you who regularly check-in to this forum but rarely post anything - now's the time to do so.

If for no other reason than to let us know you still exist and still want justice. John has also requested help in writing new blogs based on his template. These are simply aimed at combating Peter and Graeme's spin, to ensure their own blogs don't appear up the top of search engine results. To those of you who have already offered to help, it's greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mojobullfrog; 03-29-15 at 06:21 PM.

mojobullfrog

Ideas

If anyone has additional ideas to the ones already outlined/discussed, then please feel free to share them with the other forum members. Bonus points for creativity. We're all in this together, so let's make use of this great resource and get the momentum happening. The more of us on the same page, the greater our chances of an eventual outcome we can all happily live with. And what did or didn't happen 12 months ago is irrelevant now. All that matters is how we act as a group over the next few months.

So if in doubt, post something constructive!

PS. mart sinc - are you still with us? We don't need to lose good people like you.

mojobullfrog

Quote Originally Posted by 44hawk View Post
    Have done all of the emails as requested and sent the email regarding the Canbet offer as an attachment. Now working on the other, hope I'm doing it right, correction hope the father in law is doing it right and if Mojobullfrog needs any help he said he will gladly help in anyway he can.

Got stop these anyway we can
    Good stuff 44hawk! I'll let you know for sure.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    If anyone has additional ideas to the ones already outlined/discussed, then please feel free to share them with the other forum members. Bonus points for creativity. We're all in this together, so let's make use of this great resource and get the momentum happening. The more of us on the same page, the greater our chances of an eventual outcome we can all happily live with. And what did or didn't happen 12 months ago is irrelevant now. All that matters is how we act as a group over the next few months.

So if in doubt, post something constructive!

PS. mart sinc - are you still with us? We don't need to lose good people like you.
    Approach a couple of university law faculties to see if they might use your case as a class exercise.

The international nature of the companies involved and kind of complex legal web might make it of interest.

44hawk

Hi, I am in touch with Tommy and John and doing everything they are asking, please let me know what I can do? Meant to mention to them both, will do it this by email, are we targeting both these no marks or just Lord?

JohnJohnToTheMax

If you have not already, email Tommy/tommy.robredo when mojo posts Tommy's email.

Everyone, we have major action starting Thursday/Friday this week! Either email Tommy to get on our list, even if you don't want to post here on the forum, and attentively check your emails, especially from Friday, for direct instructions about our next steps.

We need to continue to hammer to people in the wider community about Lord's unscrupulous scheming and duplicity.

It's funny, as Lord's lawyer promised to sue me but now he says via his receptionist/secretary that he has "no instructions" from Lord. Mark McDonald is a nice bloke, seemingly, but impotent. I guess any lawyer would be with a client like Peter Lord

mojobullfrog

IMPORTANT! This will only take you 60 seconds.

To those who HAVEN'T received any recent emails from Tommy ('tommy.robredo'), can you please get in contact with him via email as soon as possible? It's vitally important that all of you understand what it is going, and the methods we're employing going forward... plus any ways you can help. For obvious reasons, not everything can be posted in here.

It's imperative that anyone who's new to the group, plus those who may not have followed this forum thread as closely in recent weeks, follow this up. Be sure to include your SBR name too.

Cheers.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-03-15 at 05:20 AM.

tommy.robredo

I reiterate mojo and John's request.

We have ways of taking concerted, effective action against the lies and deceit peddled by Lord and Co. And we want YOU involved.

God's speed,
    Tommy
    Last edited by shari91; 04-03-15 at 05:20 AM.

JohnJohnToTheMax

I've spoken with lawyers in Australia who are negotiating with me about acting on a no win, no fee basis. If we proceed with legal action at the end of the year against Lord, I will only render assistance to those who have proven repeatedly they can be relied upon by doing the work others of us have done, doing it in a timely fashion and INFORMING us rapidly, with proof, that it has been quickly done. If you're missing deadlines that others are meeting, it's not up to us to help you.

I have commissioned a website about Peter Lord of Canbet. I know you were preparing one, mojo, but I really had to act before Easter. Forward any info you would like to be expanded upon on the site to Tommy and we'll get the web developer we met with to maybe incorporate it into our template.

Tommy will release the URL here tomorrow.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohnToTheMax View Post
    I've spoken with lawyers in Australia who are negotiating with me about acting on a no win, no fee basis. If we proceed with legal action at the end of the year against Lord, I will only render assistance to those who have proven repeatedly they can be relied upon by doing the work others of us have done, doing it in a timely fashion and INFORMING us rapidly, with proof, that it has been quickly done. If you're missing deadlines that others are meeting, it's not up to us to help you.

I have commissioned a website about Peter Lord of Canbet. I know you were preparing one, mojo, but I really had to act before Easter. Forward any info you would like to be expanded upon on the site to Tommy and we'll get the web developer we met with to maybe incorporate it into our template.

Tommy will release the URL here tomorrow.
    Are you sure you need to be this exclusionary about this?

If you have told the lawyer that several hundred people and a million plus of quantum exists I'd guess they would want to chase as much of it as possible. The higher the potential claim amount the more motivated they will be to chase it too.

I've left the email address posted. But please understand this is normally not allowed. If this turns into a small private effort that excludes other victims, allowances like that will end.

mojobullfrog

No problem John. I've been a bit snowed under, so haven't had the chance to get my own site up and running. I'll take a look when you post the url and let you know my thoughts. Will happily provide additional content if needs be.

JohnJohnToTheMax

I have spoken tonight with Peter Lord via telephone. I called him, for the first time in well over a month. He was combative but wanted to talk with me. He wanted my number, despite originally refusing to ever deal with me (the email I posted here weeks ago).

I refuse to have extended phone calls with Lord as he has a history of avoiding concrete written communication and relying on verbal communication. I have been told this by five people who lost money with him. I also explained to him several times that I don't represent just myself and I wanted a hard copy in writing of what he said.

Anyway, he hung up when I asked what the $666,000 in government money was spent on.

He still wanted my number, even at the end.

I advise anyone who ever has future communication with PL or has had it to keep in mind that you can always resort to polygraph tests if he falsely accuses you of threatening him. Also keep your call logs in case he fibs about the volume and timing of calls.

I made it clear to him that people would be contacted tomorrow and that I was in large part coordinating a bigger group, along with others.

He was a bit off his blocker tonight, not overly, but he does have a history of exaggerating claims to make himself look like a victim.

I told Lord the site was up as well.

JohnJohnToTheMax

Left an additional voicemail for him. I have my call logs since January in case he pulls his previous stunts of accusations about what someone says.

I won't be contacting him again, unless he responds via email to me as I stipulated would be the only form of contact I could entertain from him. Phone conversations and face-to-face chats is how Lord avoids further trouble for himself. He was hysterically against the idea of emails.

Made it clear that we are taking action and we don't trust his verbal words. Everything needs to be written. If he wants details to stay between myself and a small group for him to feel comfortable, and off the forum, so be it. But we need to have recourse in the event of him lying again. ("I won't abandon you Canbet customers" - *resigns as director after year of no contact*).

Too many people have been burned and mislead by him, having relied on his spoken word alone.

JohnJohnToTheMax

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Are you sure you need to be this exclusionary about this?

If you have told the lawyer that several hundred people and a million plus of quantum exists I'd guess they would want to chase as much of it as possible. The higher the potential claim amount the more motivated they will be to chase it too.

I've left the email address posted. But please understand this is normally not allowed. If this turns into a small private effort that excludes other victims, allowances like that will end.
    Lawyers I spoke to have expressed concerns that a rump of names we have have done absolutely nothing.

Let's face it: many lawyers do this for the prestige of the case, not just pure financials. As you said, this is of potential general academic interest. It's novel, scandalous, involves a guy with many failed business ventures and loose ends, including woefully allocated taxpayer funds.

It may take so long contacting and getting permissions from these non-responsive and non-contributing people that it sabotages the overall efficacy and speed of the action.

We have a lot helping, yes, but far too many idle observers. If 500 Canbet customers had shown the same resolve as the 20 main contributors (not including Tommy, mojo and I and a couple others), this thing would be over by now. Or we'd have some kind of justice, legal or in the court of public opinion. We'd also have awareness so people did not fall into the same trap with a new Lord doomed venture.

We are open to anyone who can help us and give plenty of opportunities for people to help by helping them. We wrote their templates, helped them with language issues, got the names of people for them to contact.

When is something reasonable to ask rather than exclusionary?

Happy to hear your advice, Optional, and Shari's, but we also need to have a cohesive group.

JohnJohnToTheMax

By the way, Optional, this week we had a half dozen newcomers who got wind of our organisation of fellow customers.

We had absorbed them into the group. Latecomers are most welcome. Our concern is with existing group members who reply once and then admit they've done nothing after two weeks.

Hryharan2
    Hryharan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hello. Canbet took my 6600 euros. Canbet a very long time did not pay me my winings. This caused a very great damage to me because I really count on that money. The average salary in my town 300 euros. I very much hope that you will tell me what to do to get my money back. Kind regards.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-03-15 at 05:20 AM. Reason: email removed

mojobullfrog

Lord hasn't changed, nor will he if he has any say in the matter. I hope he's agile, because things are going to escalate somewhat from now on. And let's not forget Graeme White either, the Marcel Marceau of the double act. Their lawyers will be earning their keep over the coming weeks, if they haven't already grown tired of Peter and Graame's charade.

To everyone who reads this forum, but for whatever reason won't post. Please do so. We can't hold your hand forever... and we need to know you're committed to the action that John & Tommy have instigated.

mojobullfrog

Furthermore, there are literally thousands of ex-Canbet customers across the world who still don't know about this forum, or the pending action. If you want to help, you can start by tweeting, posting, emailing, phoning... I really don't care how you go about it, but let's just get the message out there. The more customers who we can verify lost out thanks to Lord/White and their "technical difficulties", the stronger our case. Just make sure you directly link them to this forum.
    Last edited by mojobullfrog; 04-02-15 at 09:04 AM.

44hawk

Hi Tommy, John and everyone else.

Do you want me to contact all he universities in Australia, and elsewhere if you think its a good idea, to put this to them?

I know the main guys on here are busy and if you feel it will add clout, unknown I know, I will do it with evidence we possess.

Keep the pressure on.

tommy.robredo

Again, so no one forgets: Everyone is judged on their contribution, not their words or demands for revenge/justice on the forum. As a group we help other. We don't accept freeloaders and lazy people!

- - -

Thanks, hawk44, but for the moment we will focus on what we are presently doing.

Hryharan2... how am I meant to respond to your lazy request? mojo posted my email and you can't even find that on the same page?!?! Please work by yourself if your research doesn't even extend to reading on the same page as you're posting... Ludicrous ignorance, I'm sorry, my friend... Do you expect us to do all your Canbet errands for you? It's little wonder Lord has faced no accountability from so many Canbet customers with so much lost money!!!

mojobullfrog

To reiterate what Tommy has said a number of times...

Quite simply, please spend some time reading previous posts in this forum. We can not continually waste precious time holding your hand and answering the same kind of questions. Take some responsibility yourselves, by spending a few hours doing some basic research.

I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record on this, but some people simply don't get it.

JohnJohnToTheMax

1000% back both of you gents in your sentiments.

Tommy was absolutely exhausted today contacting the larger group, so it's disappointing some people new to this aren't even looking through the most recent pages of the damn thread.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-03-15 at 05:19 AM. Reason: email removed

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Hey guys - Please don't post email addresses or websites. Not only is it against SBR policy but it's attracting many spam accounts. Thanks.

Fred87
    Fred87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

ffacebook peter lord wife is online today

First ... 48495051525354 ... Last