shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Hey guys - Sorry for the delay. I couldn't make it to the lawyer's appt as something unfortunately came up with my son but I did have a lengthy chat with the lawyer. Turns out it was for the best as today's appt would've been free but from the next one he'd start charging and I didn't have all the info he needs anyway - mainly the docs from the GC and a ballpark of how much is owed. Thankfully the FOI request was put in a couple of weeks ago so those should be available soon but I'm going to have to try to compose a list of some sort of bettors and affiliates owed by Canbet. It doesn't need to be proper names - forum usernames are fine - but I know from looking elsewhere that many people haven't filed a complaint with SBR for various reasons and/or are affiliates so they wouldn't file an SBR complaint at all. We need to come up with the best way of trying to compile that info so we include as many people as possible.

The lawyer also told me to contact ASIC which I have so this info is from both of them. They advised me that yes we - and ASIC - can go after Peter and Graeme personally if we can reasonably demonstrate that they were continuing to do business while insolvent. ASIC will also go after them on your behalf if it can be demonstrated that they made public assurances of solvency when they were aware they didn't have the money. We - and ASIC - can also go after them if their insolvency filings were only to attempt to hide from debt as that's fraud against the Commonwealth. If any - or all - of these factors can be proven Peter and Graeme will be in a world of hurt financially as they will also face fines of up to either 200k or 220k + what they owe you. If dishonesty is proven to be a factor in IGAS' insolvency - as we've shown several instances it was - they both also face up to 5 years in prison along with the fines and restitution and be disqualified from being a director again. It seems the Aussie Govt doesn't f around with insolvency so the thing they tried to do to wash their hands of Canbet will be the very thing that brings them down.

The lawyer told me his jaw dropped while reading this thread as "they handed you a win on a silver platter". He couldn't believe that so called business guys could be so stupid with the timeline of how things played out and what they told clients and the GC in writing. And the woman from ASIC laughed when I told her about the paragraph on the Canbet site and explained that directors don't get to decide what happens to someone's money in the event of an insolvency. You can't just say if we go bankrupt you're f'd. Well I guess technically you can try to use it as a way to put people off from suing you but it doesn't work that way when the government steps in. The lawyer also went into detail about shifting assets to related companies and trying to hide under a parent during insolvency but the stuff he said was pretty complex and to be honest I can't remember it word for word so I won't post about it in case I screw up the info somehow.

So that's where we're at today. Peter and Graeme have the choice now of dealing with us by paying you all, or us + ASIC and facing paying you all, massive legal costs + fines and possible prison. Oh and now 2 of the largest media outlets in Australia are keen to do a story on this to make their week even better. I know what choice I'd make if I were them but the month of Jan alone has proven they're not the brightest stars in the sky so I'm not holding my breath they make the wise one. They have a few days to think about it until we get those docs from the GC. As soon as they're in my hands they're going to the lawyer and ASIC and it's game on.
    Last edited by shari91; 02-11-14 at 09:18 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 12 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eddie701, tomallen123, MiloRambaldi, RyDLloyd, Sensible1, the unheardof, hristo1971, King_Suckerman, smallplayer, Krashman, damo10, and Ascot_Ed

rogerh
    rogerh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Many thanks for all the work you (and others) have done on this. If you need to compile a list of creditors I'm owed £291. A relatively small sum compared with many others but I'm no less appreciative of your efforts.

eddie701
    eddie701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

100% deposit match up to £500/€550/$750 FREE at Canbet*

Canbet would like to offer all qualifying players a chance to double up their bankroll with an exclusive 100% deposit bonus up to £500/€550/$750*.

Deposit anytime between Thursday 17th October 2013 and Monday 21st October 2013 midnight (23:59 AEDT) , and we'll match your next deposit by 100% up to £500/€550/$750 Free*.

To redeem your bonus, simply enter the promotional code: 17OCT5 when funding your account on or before Monday 21st October 2013 midnight (23:59 AEST). Qualifying accounts will be credited within 48 hours.

Promotional Code17OCT5

I have screen shoots of all correspondence with canbet from the start, plus a deposit of €550
    on the 18oct 13. Canbet knew long before this date that their customers were going to be fleeced.

Peter Lord and his wife Linda Goldspink-Lord are not available on face book.
    You can run Peter and Graham, but not for long.

Last edited by eddie701; 02-11-14 at 09:45 AM.

beachlover5
    beachlover5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Just to add to my post on page 5 of this thread. I am owed £2.6k (withdrawl requested 9th October). I would also be happy to join the legal claim group to try and get this back!!

WesternWolf
    WesternWolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

£6300 owed here. I have a CCJ entered against them for what it's worth. Thought it was a lost cause but if it can be recovered somehow I'd obviously be delighted.

GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Thank you for all Shari!

Do you want us to send you our Canbet data (owed sum and Canbet account number) via personal message, so you can make a list? Or do you have some other option in mind?

smiffywhu
    smiffywhu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

shari91 your posts are a joy to all of us,true gentleman.
    I'm owed 4.3k

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    What you guys need to do on your end is contact every one of the sites listed below (I've added a few more to dirtdog's list)

The Mercury
    SBS
    AFR
    News.com.au
    ABC Australia
    SMH
    The Australian
    Herald Sun
    Skynews
    The West Australian
    7 News
    The Guardian Australia
    Victoria Police: (03) 9247 6666
    Sportsbetting scams: please call both numbers: 1300 795 995 and 1300 558 181
    A Current Affair (these guys will actually chase them down and get them on camera about it): http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx
    Everyone should send his story to those sites. Don't forget that, no excuses.

smiffywhu

How have you managed 27,316 posts though?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smiffywhu View Post
    shari91 your posts are a joy to all of us,true gentleman.
    I'm owed 4.3k
    Shari has boobs.
    She the Erin Brockovic of the gambling world.
    Im writing a script

AS19
    AS19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once again thanks shari91 for your efforts.

I have had some interesting information from GC today. Under the freedom of information act I requested they tell me whether the audit they received from Canbet on the 6th of January was an internal or 3rd party audit. This audit was the one that confirmed that funds were available to pay players outstanding balance. Below is their reply.

So to summarise the 3rd party audit confirmed funds were there, yet Mr Lord and co applied for insolvency less than a month later. Absolutely shocking what has happened and i hope they will pay for trying this fraudulent behaviour on.

》》
    Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the auditors referred to in our previous statement were a third party, not an internal auditor.

Kind regards

Andrew xxxxxx

Information Manager

________________________________________ ________

Gambling Commission

Victoria Square House

Victoria Square

Birmingham

B2 4BP

smiffywhu

You're lucky to get a reply.I've had 4 (FOUR) unanswered emails and none of them have been remotely harsh!!!Anyway,IF they genuinely had the money in January then we all know this isn't about money it's about theft.Good info for Shari so well played.Remember that they aren't insolvent yet,it would make sense to me that he/they are probably waiting a period of time since having their "declared" funds to "prove" it's now gone (even though with a closed book it would make little sense)

RyDLloyd
    RyDLloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

£3,254.77 owed to me since 23rd October 2013 FYI! CCJ filed too and will be default judgement this Friday if my day counts are correct.

Great work shari91 a hero.

I also requested under FOI over a week ago all correspondence between GC and Canbet so of course will provide this as soon as available.

Namechanger
    Namechanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

I am owed £1385 since October the 17th. Can add me to the list.

aroberts77
    aroberts77's Avatar Become A Pro!

First time poster

Thanks for all the work on here. I am still owed £1327.50 since making a withdrawal request at the beginning of november

Peniosz
    Peniosz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Well done Shari!

I am owed £6.1K since beginning of December

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

If you need direct usernames just ask me Im owed $1174 (1924 if you count the bonus that they forfeited on me that I completed the rollover for.)

And I am one of those who did not file a GC complaint or one with SBR. Was waiting to see how this played out and saw that both of these places were doing nothing to help anyone.

the unheardof
    the unheardof's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting Eddie701. I made my 1st ever deposit into Canbet on 5th October 2013 as a new customer and on 16th October 2013 was offered the exact reload bonus you have just posted. It was shortly after a couple of winning flutters on the fitba with this particular bonus that I started getting a bad feeling as it appeared confusing to me. In my mind it looked like I was only wagering with my own money so I sent an email to Canbet for clarification about this (below I have enclosed a wee snippet from the reply I got from Canbet below dated 11 November 2013 from our old pal Michael aka Comical Ali. Remember him?) and from that point onwards like yourself I saved all email correspondence with Canbet (and GC and IBAS once I started complaining to them) and I took a copy of my entire account history including all bets & transactions, account balance (1 showing the date of withdrawal request) I have already posted elsewhere that on 24 January 2013 I received an email reply from the Gambling Commission after I demanded that they sent me all the information they have regarding this Canbet fiasco under the Freedom Of Information act and the reply stated that they would deal with my request within 20 working days. Once I have received this information I will make it public if somebody hasn't already done so as this cloak & dagger stuff is totally unacceptable. So Lord, White the balls in your court. We don't take too kindly to people trying to bump people out of hundreds of thousands of sheets.

Thank you for your email.

It may look confusing, however once you receive the bonus you are using both funds.

As a result you are unable to make a withdrawal until you have turned over a further £750.00

If you have any further queries please let us know.

Sensible1
    Sensible1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Great work shari91 & others. I'm owed £1838.97 I requested withdrawal on 18th Oct.

Jor-El
    Jor-El's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Been "lurking" and following this thread with interest.Quick heads up,UK small time gambler.I to received the £500 reload bonus email back end of last year (Iv since learnt,if a bookie does this,it means they are after a short term quick cash boost,which in itself,is not a good thing,as we are finding out,but hey...)
    I deposited £500 and turned over £5000 worth of bets,leaving me in the end with around £600 to withdraw (which I was pleased about! The 1st rule of gambling is surely to get your money back!!) This must have been around November time.When the withdrawal wasnt processed I emailed and got the "technical issues" bullshine. Ok,I wasnt to concerned here,was assured would be paid out in about 2 weeks. Which came and went...another email same "issues" after a few more weeks and a third email saying the same,I began to smell a rat and Googled "Canbet payment issues" or something similair and came acrooss this thread,which iv been following ever since.Interesting stuff it is to....
    Now I would gladly forfeit my money tbh if these clowns were bought to book because its plain to see they shouldnt be trusted to run a bath never mind a bookmakers,but we will see.How dare they take their customers for fools,its shocking,and I hope they get there come uppance.

As an aside,they were,without doubt,the worst bookmaker I have ever used,and I have a lot of accounts,A LOT!
    The odds on the football were as skinny as can be,the markets,well,there were hardly any markets,is "both teams to score" such an exotic bet ? No such market here! It was poor and maybe I should have checked before depositing,but you just presume a world wide online bookie will offer lots of markets to bet on.My bad.
    The line above about "Comical Ali" Micheal,made me laugh as there customer service was absolutely pathetic.Shambolic. To give one example,I emailed a very simple question asking how much I had to roll before I could withdraw,it took about 3 or 4 emails before this was answered,as I just got copy and paste replies that had nothing to do with what I asked,and this happened lots!
    If ever I need cheering up,I just look through my emails at the replies from the "helpdesk" badly spelled emails that made no sense and didnt answer basic questions,my friend had exactly the same experience! Ah,the lovely Jacky....

So heres hoping justice is done.............
    Last edited by Jor-El; 02-11-14 at 01:32 PM.

abhi
    abhi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Micheal and Jacky were the last person employed by canbet. Where are this guys are the paid their salary. If not they should join this thread. Their statement will matter.

fidelio
    fidelio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1220

Yes Michael's name has cropped up many times and was able to spin a good line about the software upgrade.

TARUN
    TARUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Canbet issue

Hi, this is my first post here.i made a withdrawl of 3692 euros from canbet in november but have not received a penny yet. I also received same kind of emails from cb, gc etc. I dont know what exactly should i do now. Kindly advice

Fred87
    Fred87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

I am owed 650€ since November the 18th. Nothing received.

karli87
    karli87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Hello, I am following now for several weeks this topic, and would like to introduce myself as well.

I have a bet for almost 2 years at Canbet,withdrawals always without problems, now I'm waiting for 3 November at € 2,200.

Hope that maybe the whole again ends well ...

oxo
    oxo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

£725.99 requested 8th nov. same story has everyone really.
    complained to GC weeks ago (not even had acknowledgement of email off these jokers). Been spun the same tale has everyone else regarding 'technical glitches' from canbet. Planning to e mail story to the relevant media asap.
    Many thanks to all that have helped piece together the relevant info. much appreciated.

smallplayer
    smallplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

requested £2000 withdrawal (max to neteller) on 5th november 2013. received nothing. total balance is £3508.

happy to join to take action and will provide username, info if needed
    thx for all the good work shari & co
    Last edited by smallplayer; 02-11-14 at 03:29 PM.

endtoend
    endtoend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Thanks for your efforts Shari91.

I'm owed £970.75 (+£60 court fees).

I have a complete record of correspondence and transactions with Canbet, including a message stating that I had satisfied the turnover requirements prior to making a withdrawal request. I have a letter signed by Peter Lord stating that I would be paid on 28th January 2014 - this did not happen.

I also won a CC Judgement against Canbet - though they still haven't paid me.

I can send you all this evidence via email (and in better resolution than shown below) if it will aid the cause with legal proceedings.

Canbet Claim 1.bmp

Canbet Withdrawal.bmp

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    We need to come up with the best way of trying to compile that info so we include as many people as possible.
    Firstly, thanks Shari.
    Secondly, in response to your point above, how about a new thread with the post being a simple list of users, the amount owed and date of withdrawl. The first post can then be updated as users post their details in the thread.

Personally, I have been waiting for £2,460 since 12 October. I complained to SBR on 31 October. I am going through the CCJ process.

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Very good that big number of new people joined to thread, we must increase pressure all together. GC didn't respond me regarding some clarification about Delta corp and Canbet relation, what a bunch of useless danglers.

rogerh
    rogerh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

My last email contact with Canbet was on 3 January when 'Angela W' of the Canbet Support Team told me that "The bonus turnover requirement has been satisfied and your account balance is now GBP 291. Please feel free to re submit a withdrawal request." After about ten days with no further responses I phoned their Melbourne number and was assured by some bloke that I'd be included in the next payment cycle on 28th. I later emailed IBAS and the GC and received the same useless replies as everyone else. After reading of other people's situations I do feel I've got off lightly, though,

It seems outrageous that having a UK gambling licence means so little. If the government is going to endorse these companies it should provide some protection for their customers, in the same way that it guarantees the first £60,000 or so of deposits held at a UK regulated bank.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27858

I'm currently owed $1545.30 USD by Canbet.

I did file complaints with SBR and with the GC

Thanks for all your hard work on this Shari !!!

SpiderBoy
    SpiderBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hi everyone!
    This is my first post but I have been following this thread since the early November when I made a withdrawal request - nothing received.
    I`d like to thanks Shari and those of others in their efforts.
    I`m owed $1380,93 - this is a lot of money for me. I did not get bonus, because I`m not UK customer. I did file complaints with SBR and with the GC and also received same kind of emails from cb and above.
    Can add me to the list, please.

Sorry for my errors - I live in Poland and english is not my native language.

rolandd86
    rolandd86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

First post

I'm from Austria and currently owed $2 757,49 USD by Canbet.

I also did file complaints with SBR and with the GC.
    Thanks you very much for your hard work on this Shari!

I would join to take action and will provide my username!
    I hope we all get back our money from these thieves!
    Together we are strong. I hope more and more people join this thread and maybe we can make a list about all the people who want to join to do something?

tommyiii
    tommyiii's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Firstly I'd like to echo previous thanks to Shari for the efforts put in - it is greatly appreciated by all of us.

I am owed £4878, have filed complaints with SBR and GC and went through small claims court without success.

I can't understand firstly where the Capital: £5,542,512.00 shown in the audited accounts on 4th March 2013 has disappeared to, why GC were so sure Canbet had the money to pay out and also why Delta who seems to have taken over the website have made no comment. Their website clearly shows they have plenty of wealth in India and no doubt don't want their name muddied with these problems.

First ... 10111213141516 ... Last