KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer Betting Help

Haven't really bet on soccer before but wanted to put some bets down on Euro 08. I understand the moneyline. Either team to win or a draw, counting regular and injury time. What I don't get is the point spread. The point spread is listed as PK(-$$$). When the spread is not something like -1/2 goal and it is listed as a PICK, why is the line on that different than the moneyline? Such as the Turkey Croatia match.

Turkey PK+200 o2.5+130 +310
    Croatia PK-250 u2.5-160 -117
    Draw +215

Then because this is an elimination match there is another option to pick the winner to advance, including any overtime and shootout.

Turkey PK+165
    Croatia PK-215

Could someone explain the pointspread and the PK to me. THANKS.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 446

Quote Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
    Haven't really bet on soccer before but wanted to put some bets down on Euro 08. I understand the moneyline. Either team to win or a draw, counting regular and injury time. What I don't get is the point spread. The point spread is listed as PK(-$$$). When the spread is not something like -1/2 goal and it is listed as a PICK, why is the line on that different than the moneyline? Such as the Turkey Croatia match.

Turkey PK+200 o2.5+130 +310
    Croatia PK-250 u2.5-160 -117
    Draw +215

Then because this is an elimination match there is another option to pick the winner to advance, including any overtime and shootout.

Turkey PK+165
    Croatia PK-215

Could someone explain the pointspread and the PK to me. THANKS.
    If you take Croatia at ML -117 Croatia must win at the end of 90 min plus injury time to get a winner.

If you take Croatia pk -250 and the game ends in a draw after 90 min plus injury time it is a push. You win if Croatia wins but you get lesser odds because of the push.

If you take Croatia pk -215 to advance then Croatia must win in overtime or shootout assuming the game ends in a draw or go to overtime. You win if Croatia wins on regulation time. You don't get a push if the games ends in a draw and Croatia loses in overtime or shootout.

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you very much sir.