tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Iceland U21 - Why the Hell Not?

Here's my logic here:

Germany's been basically just f*cking around in this tournament. They've already locked up 2nd place in the group and can't get more points than Iceland. Iceland's a small country playing for pride that's already done well against the rest of the league, winning all but one game handily. I know its scrub competition, and on any day Germany could easily beat this Icelandic team...but why should they care enough to do it tomorrow? At +1166 for the Iceland win and +567 for the draw, I'll throw half a unit on that. Why the hell not?

datrugal
    datrugal's Avatar Become A Pro!

he he he. might be with you on that pick. best of luck man

fuglyboy86hi
    fuglyboy86hi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

BOL

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by tbill11 View Post
    Here's my logic here:

Germany's been basically just f*cking around in this tournament. They've already locked up 2nd place in the group and can't get more points than Iceland. Iceland's a small country playing for pride that's already done well against the rest of the league, winning all but one game handily. I know its scrub competition, and on any day Germany could easily beat this Icelandic team...but why should they care enough to do it tomorrow? At +1166 for the Iceland win and +567 for the draw, I'll throw half a unit on that. Why the hell not?
    Hi mate. I don't know about this, it seems a few of your facts are wrong.

Firstly, no team has locked up any position in this group. There are 3 games left for Iceland and 4 for Germany and all spots are up for grabs. Czech republic are ahead of both Iceland and Germany as for now. The group winners and four best runner-ups go to the playoff.

Germany should probably care because they are the reigning U20 Euro champions and recent years they have been one of the strongest teams of all on youth level. Easily brushing aside favourites Spain and England in last summers EURO for example. And they are in a poor spot with not that many games to go.

All that being said, I still think the odds on Iceland are a bit too big. I might take a small punt on them. Over 3 goals looks a certainty as well, and might be worth it priced at 1.775. Probably I'll take the latter one and then leave this one alone. Both teams are scoring like crazy.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

I like the underdog. Thanks the info Gargamel!

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

This U21 games are a waste of money, very unpredictible, this can go 4-0 Germany 0-0 or 0-1, No bet should be the bet

tbill11

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
    Hi mate. I don't know about this, it seems a few of your facts are wrong.

Firstly, no team has locked up any position in this group. There are 3 games left for Iceland and 4 for Germany and all spots are up for grabs. Czech republic are ahead of both Iceland and Germany as for now. The group winners and four best runner-ups go to the playoff.

Germany should probably care because they are the reigning U20 Euro champions and recent years they have been one of the strongest teams of all on youth level. Easily brushing aside favourites Spain and England in last summers EURO for example. And they are in a poor spot with not that many games to go.

All that being said, I still think the odds on Iceland are a bit too big. I might take a small punt on them. Over 3 goals looks a certainty as well, and might be worth it priced at 1.775. Probably I'll take the latter one and then leave this one alone. Both teams are scoring like crazy.
    Thanks for the info! Yeah Soccerway structured the tournament strangely, and I though tomorrow was the last day of group stages. Needless to say, this changes everything. The Over 3 does look good though

Gargamel

I hope you took it mate! 1-1 inside 13 minutes.

tbill11

Yeah seriously! Glad you steered me to that over, looking great right now. Also took San Marino/N. Ireland over for this batch of matches, which should be a pretty easy hit. These off days can be solid money if you know where to put it I think.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

nice call Gargamel !!

Gargamel

Thanks a lot Shark and tbill11. Probably the first time I contributed to this forum. Feels great.