TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3782

Millionaires draining Social Security

Do millionaires get Social Security?

Mar 3, 2023

In 2017 more than 47,500 millionaires received Social Security benefits totaling $1.4 billion annually. The perception that the people who are draining government entitlement programs are all poor and middle class individuals is far from the truth.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5609

Why wouldn’t they? They were forced to pay into it for 30-45 years!
    Points Awarded:

slewfan gave BigOrange 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13 gave BigOrange 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

turbobets gave BigOrange 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3782

And I am grabbing mine as we speak.

All you schmucks keep working so I can keep collecting.

8.7% Social Security cost of living raise this year.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8946

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Do millionaires get Social Security?

Mar 3, 2023

In 2017 more than 47,500 millionaires received Social Security benefits totaling $1.4 billion annually. The perception that the people who are draining government entitlement programs are all poor and middle class individuals is far from the truth.

perhaps you can clear up something for me.

Are you blaming these millionaires for getting it or are you blaming the politicians (on both sides of course) for passing laws which allow them to?

Now, before you answer, just remember who is responsible for the 31 trillion debt the country is in. The millionaires who have paid into the system as well as becoming successful by building a nest eggs for their retirement or public servants who use taxpayer money to legislate their own pay raises, pensions and benefits while lining their pockets along with their friends'?

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4631

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    perhaps you can clear up something for me.

Are you blaming these millionaires for getting it or are you blaming the politicians (on both sides of course) for passing laws which allow them to?

Now, before you answer, just remember who is responsible for the 31 trillion debt the country is in. The millionaires who have paid into the system as well as becoming successful by building a nest eggs for their retirement or public servants who use taxpayer money to legislate their own pay raises, pensions and benefits while lining their pockets along with their friends'?
    There are really only two reasons for the vast majority of debt: Lower tax rates on wealthiest Americans and military spending. Everything else you said is just right wing talking points and babbling. I know you say you don't watch Fox News, but everything you post here is a transcription straight from the talking heads on Fox.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

so you are blaming millionaires taking ssi that they paid for ????

thats like blaming us working class mericans who paid into it for 20 - 35 years and now collect what we earned not much maybe $4000 mnth the most which bout 1500$ to $2000 goes out to pay bills

this is USA you have many rights granted to freedom dont like go fwwkkkkkkkkkkkkk your selves go live in england gas
    Tank of gas in UK tops 100 pounds ($125), at $8.80/gallon

or try france maybe here i'll pay for plane ticket pack up up n go
    Last edited by OldBill; 07-01-23 at 02:07 PM.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8946

Quote Originally Posted by Greget View Post
    There are really only two reasons for the vast majority of debt: Lower tax rates on wealthiest Americans and military spending. Everything else you said is just right wing talking points and babbling. I know you say you don't watch Fox News, but everything you post here is a transcription straight from the talking heads on Fox.
    Lol

endless wars, government waste and overspending. The top 10% pay 70% off all taxes. Taxes isn’t the problem, overspending is. That’s got nothing to do with Fox. Nice try.

if someone on Fox agrees with me, then good for them.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11925

2.4 or so people paying in for every one collecting. Tough to make that work.