Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9521

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BOA12, and jackpot269

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30693

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If all of those McDonalds (which are not the only fast food restaurants in California) in your meme were forced to raise their employees' wage 275% above the national minimum wage, none of them would be negatively impacted to the point of closure?

Also, California is a state, not a country, that has a implemented a minimum wage of $20 for fast food employees within the state. The paychecks of fast food workers in the other 49 US states are not affected by this. This new minimum wage requirement is $4/hr more than the previous 2023 California minimum wage of $16 for fast food workers. Other businesses (that are not fast food) can continue to pay the national minimum wage of $7.25/hr.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8888

Global price of a Big Mac as of January 2024, by countryhttps://www.statista.com/statistics/...for-a-big-mac/

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Global price of a Big Mac as of January 2024, by countryhttps://www.statista.com/statistics/...for-a-big-mac/
    Can't access that page.

The point remains that McDonalds thrives in countries with a high (liveable) minimum wage.

Personally I think you are cutting off your nose to spite your face arguing so hard against it. I think it would make everyone, and every business, better off financially in the long run. Before you even look at the positive effects on social cohesion in the country.

DwightShrute

Can't access that page.

The point remains that McDonalds thrives in countries with a high (liveable) minimum wage.

Personally I think you are cutting off your nose to spite your face arguing so hard against it. I think it would make everyone, and every business, better off financially in the long run. Before you even look at the positive effects on social cohesion in the country.
    weird. I found another link that shows 52 countries at the bottom. Last time I had a big mac was in Costa Rica 7 or 8 years ago and it was around $2. There is no McDonalds in the country I live in currently.
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...dex-by-country

i am not really arguing against it. I do believe these fast food jobs aren't supposed to be long term careers. They are supposed to be mostly for teenagers aren't they? To get out there and learn about working for money and save up to buy a beater car. Get some experience for a summer or two. You should experience how crappy the wages are to incentivize to work towards doing something else. Not to work at McDonalds your entire life. Hey kid "this is not what you want to do with your life. Work hard, travel and study to do something else or this is what your life will look like".

There are much more important things politicians should be doing than legislating about what a kid makes flipping burgers. Newsom exempted Panera restaurants from the minimum wage because the bake bread. That is what happens when your one of your biggest donors owns Panera.

Ya I am being simplistic with my post and I do know it can be more complicated if you choose to make it so. It doesn't have to be. A family of 4 going to McDonalds will cost close to $40 now.

Optional

weird. I found another link that shows 52 countries at the bottom. Last time I had a big mac was in Costa Rica 7 or 8 years ago and it was around $2. There is no McDonalds in the country I live in currently.
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...dex-by-country

i am not really arguing against it. I do believe these fast food jobs aren't supposed to be long term careers. They are supposed to be mostly for teenagers aren't they? To get out there and learn about working for money and save up to buy a beater car. Get some experience for a summer or two. You should experience how crappy the wages are to incentivize to work towards doing something else. Not to work at McDonalds your entire life. Hey kid "this is not what you want to do with your life. Work hard, travel and study to do something else or this is what your life will look like".

There are much more important things politicians should be doing than legislating about what a kid makes flipping burgers. Newsom exempted Panera restaurants from the minimum wage because the bake bread. That is what happens when your one of your biggest donors owns Panera.

Ya I am being simplistic with my post and I do know it can be more complicated if you choose to make it so. It doesn't have to be. A family of 4 going to McDonalds will cost close to $40 now.
    I know I am alone here thinking this, but I genuinely believe that a minimum wage, not just for burger flippers, but for every entry level job is the most meaningful thing politicians can do to start to turn around the social problems fast.

And if you want to incentivize people, making sure business pays them enough to live with dignity would be my suggestion. How many people are not taking the step to those "crappy wages" and remaining on welfare or committing crime instead?

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

I know I am alone here thinking this, but I genuinely believe that a minimum wage, not just for burger flippers, but for every entry level job is the most meaningful thing politicians can do to start to turn around the social problems fast.

And if you want to incentivize people, making sure business pays them enough to live with dignity would be my suggestion. How many people are not taking the step to those "crappy wages" and remaining on welfare or committing crime instead?
    Where I come from, that's called "lazy" or "entitled." Take your pick.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

Where I come from, that's called "lazy" or "entitled." Take your pick.
    Call it whatever you like.

Got any ideas that might see a positive change to the situation?

Anything that might help improve your quality of life as well?

I think my suggestions would do both those things.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Call it whatever you like.

Got any ideas that might see a positive change to the situation?

Anything that might help improve your quality of life as well?

I think my suggestions would do both those things.
    This is a snowballing situation that's layered in problems and is much larger than what's viewed on the surface and is far deeper than just the employer/employee relationship. Eliminate minimum wages all together. With any research on the topic you'll see this concept entertained and argued. Higher minimum wages destroy small businesses and negatively impact growth. Small businesses comprise about half of all businesses here in the US. I'd push for eliminating or slashing all property taxes and most business and personal license/permit fees without offsetting with new or increased taxes and fees elsewhere.

Social programs, AKA welfare, need serious revamping with stricter guidelines. Perfectly able people should not collect a paycheck for refusing work when employment is available. Work ethic seems to be a thing of the past. I've reviewed hundreds of job applications and given dozens of employment interviews and this has become more evident in recent times.

Debt, at both the private and public levels, has to be reigned in. Government spending/borrowing money from central banks, along with scores of other terrible decisions made by previous and current politicians, has left us where we are now. I'm open to entertain just about any ideas with how far and fast things are getting out of control these days. This problem's root, like many, is the devaluation of our money and it's far deeper than most realize.

DwightShrute

my point is that its fast food. Its a place you go for cheap food. Things like happy meals, maybe a playpen with thousands of balls kids can jump in, and cartoon mascots maybe even. Somewhere a dad or mom could take the kids for a cheap meal. Somewhere you go to the counter to pay and all you see is mostly kids with pimples taking your order and salting the french fries.

These jobs don't have be career jobs do they? I never worked at a fast food place but I did deliver the news paper early in the morning and later I delivered pizza on the weekends for a mom and pop Greek family joint. They let me use a car and made me my own pie every night. I hustled and knew I would get bigger tips when I did. My clothes smelled like pizza all the time. I beat the shit out of those cars. That part was fun but I never considered doing this for a career. I learned regular customers' addresses and their orders along with who tipped the best if you delivered the order quick, and even though we weren't a big place, I quickly learned time management and efficiency (among other things) in order to make the maximum tips.

I guess what I am saying is we are losing some of the little things. Things that the young people will lose because they will lose work hours and in many cases they will lose their jobs do to automation because of increases in minimum wages.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2179

You're far from alone in promoting anti trckle down economics Opti.

magaaa adoring foreign agitator says THEY have more important things than legislating about what ADULTS make.

magaaa R have more legislation for appliances than anything right now.

If it helps people, not corporate gouging executives, THEM and their ignorant base R against it, yesterday, today and tomorrow. The billionaires tools who want to rule.

In THEIR world view, some don't deserve to live with dignity.

An authoritarian thing, see Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Nazi Germany etc...., you see?
    Last edited by BOA12; 05-10-24 at 05:09 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47591

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post

magaaa adoring foreign agitator says THEY have more important things than legislating about what ADULTS make.

If it helps people, not corporate gouging executives, THEM and their ignorant base R against it, yesterday, today and tomorrow. The billionaires tools who want to rule.

An authoritarian thing, see Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Nazi Germany etc...., you see?

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Hope all is well Jake.

During my interrogation by the Secret Service 3 weeks after 911, I told them to keep an eye on Colin Powell, he'll be the first to bolt from these azzholz, he's not anything like THEM. . You remind of him in many ways Jake, always keeping your good eyes on the SBR community.

Appreciate the contribution and ambience to my post.

Rolling a jay as we speak in your honor Jake.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave BOA12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19186

Correct, you can't have 1 to 3% of the people making most of the money and the rest of us living with the consequences of their actions. Josheconomics
    Last edited by khicks26; 05-10-24 at 07:12 AM.

khicks26

Hope all is well Jake.

During my interrogation by the Secret Service 3 weeks after 911, I told them to keep an eye on Colin Powell, he'll be the first to bolt from these azzholz, he's not anything like THEM. . You remind of him in many ways Jake, always keeping your good eyes on the SBR community.

Appreciate the contribution and ambience to my post.

Rolling a jay as we speak in your honor Jake.

Got no religion, don't need no friends
    Got all I want and I don't need to pretend
    Don't try to reach me, 'cause I'll tear up your mind
    I've seen the future and I've left it behind
    Last edited by khicks26; 05-10-24 at 07:08 AM.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    Correct, you can't have 1 to 3% of the people making most of the money and the rest of us living with the consequences of their actions.
    I like you, know this started with nancyboy ron and his destruction of the middle class and unions, not enforcing anti-trust laws and tax cuts for the rich, the father of today's new billionaire class to today's Father Of Lies version.

H "the spook" had a nice 12 year reign calling the shots, giving nancyboy all the credit. Trickle down nonsense America's greatest fukin' hoax, paying huge dividends even today.

Repeal citizens united, another hoax.
    Last edited by BOA12; 05-10-24 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Father OfLies version

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post

Got no religion, don't need no friends
    Got all I want and I don't need to pretend
    Don't try to reach me, 'cause I'll tear up your mind
    I've seen the future and I've left it behind
    Revolution of the mind time, my favorite kind. Sometimes you have to go to deep space nine for your revolution 2B kind, again.

JFC wake up Mankind.

Ambience enhancement #2, thanks my black and blue brother, Supernaut or bust.

DwightShrute

Trickle down economics is a made up term by some politician. There is no such thing. You guys always fall for it lol

khicks26

Trickle down economics is a made up term by some politician. There is no such thing. You guys always fall for it lol
    I would say he nailed it who ever said it. It sounds better than Horse and Sparrow, or Neoliberalism. Other concepts that you don't understand.

GTFO, with this silly garbage, Thomas Fool shit.

khicks26

Ignorance spreads lies
    How much will money buy?

khicks26

Revolution of the mind time, my favorite kind. Sometimes you have to go to deep space nine for your revolution 2B kind, again.

JFC wake up Mankind.

Ambience enhancement #2, thanks my black and blue brother, Supernaut or bust.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10641

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8437

OK, so what do you call it then. Very term was made up by someone. You post some every day. This is maybe the dumbest thing that you have posted several times. I agree, with little you post, but always thought you were smarter than that.

jackpot269

I like you, know this started with nancyboy ron and his destruction of the middle class and unions, not enforcing anti-trust laws and tax cuts for the rich, the father of today's new billionaire class to today's Father Of Lies version.

H "the spook" had a nice 12 year reign calling the shots, giving nancyboy all the credit. Trickle down nonsense America's greatest fukin' hoax, paying huge dividends even today.

Repeal citizens united, another hoax.
    Another biggie from nancyboy, he but income tax on Social Security.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Atta Boy Joe. Keep up the good work. You will be out to pasture soon and not soon enough. America and the world have been suffering since the Barach Biden, Nancy Piglosi agenda.

Biden's arms embargo on Israel 'emboldens' Hamas missile strikes against Jewish state

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Another biggie from nancyboy, he but income tax on Social Security.
    Kept the rich rich and the poor poor and confused his ignorant maga base with culture wars.

No friend to the average man.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Democrat DOJ decided prostitution wasn't enough, so they've ''trumped'' up other charges.

DOJ seeks 40-year sentence for Paul Pelosi hammer attacker David DePape under 'terrorism enhancement'

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    OK, so what do you call it then. Very term was made up by someone. You post some every day. This is maybe the dumbest thing that you have posted several times. I agree, with little you post, but always thought you were smarter than that.
    what is? The fact that there's no such thing as trickle down economics?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1645

Why do Democrats want other people's money?

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Why do Democrats want other people's money?
    Biden printing and using money for Ukraine and Illegals. He just lost himself half the democrat Jewish population voters and hopefully he's gone soon. He has 5 months left to lose S. Korea and Taiwan. He will use hard working Americans taxes for his new wars. His only chance to stay in power is to have a world war. That's still a maybe. He may not survive his age.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

DwightShrute

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68859

That Trickle Down Economics card has been played in various forms by Republicans for about 80-100 years but Reagan, not some politician, really ran with that exact phrase in 1981. It was all part of his "Reaganomics."

Tax cuts for the rich so that the extra money could trickle down from the rich to the workforce and less fortunate.

And IMO , there IS such a thing. I describe as a bunch of Bullsh** the Republicans try and use to cut taxes for the rich.

And yeah, middle class and lower republicans that vote for these guys fall for it every time.

Truly hard to believe.

jackpot269

what is? The fact that there's no such thing as trickle down economics?
    Not the fact that it never existed, the fact that someone made up the term. All terms are made up by someone.

''Trickle down economics is a made up term by some politician''

I can agree with you, on the fact that it never existed, none of the tax breaks given to the rich and corporation ever made their way down to the middle and/or working class. i agree, see we can agree after all.

First ... 676869707172 Last