DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8894

Quote Originally Posted by Haree Vag! View Post
    On this day in history:
    A former president of the United States was held to be in
    Criminal Contempt for "wilful disobedience of a court's lawful mandate" by attacking witnesses and jurors in a criminal proceeding.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8439

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    there are crimes committed all the time in NY but the DA refuses to prosecute. You can literally beat up a cop, possibly arrested and if you are, you will be released in a couple hours.

You can be robbed and beat up by a criminal with a knife and if you defend yourself, you will be arrested.

But if you are a political opponent and likely the next president, you will have charges invented against you from 8 years ago and prosecuted by the same corrupt DA who knows that the FEDS declined to prosecute because there was no crime.
    I guess they just don't have court anymore since no one is prosecuted. I wonder if all the other employees at the courthouse still get paid. Do they have to stay all day, or do they go home early? or even show up?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I guess they just don't have court anymore since no one is prosecuted. I wonder if all the other employees at the courthouse still get paid. Do they have to stay all day, or do they go home early? or even show up?
    something like 60% of felony crimes have been reduced to a misdemeanor or dismissed altogether by Bragg I read.

Of course you took the my comment literally by pretending I meant no one gets prosecuted anymore. LOL. How much Pot are you smoking Jack? 29?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20685

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    On this day in history:

A former president of the United States was held to be in
    Criminal Contempt for "wilful disobedience of a court's lawful mandate" by attacking witnesses and jurors in a criminal proceeding.
    The judge overseeing Donald Trump's criminal hush money trial fined the former U.S. president $9,000 for contempt of court on Tuesday and said he would consider jailing him if he continued to violate a gag order.

In a written order, Justice Juan Merchan said the fine may not be enough to serve as a deterrent for the wealthy businessman-turned-politician and lamented he did not have the authority to impose a higher penalty.

"Defendant is hereby warned that the Court will not tolerate wilful violations of its lawful orders and that if necessary and appropriate under the circumstances, it will impose an incarceratory punishment," Merchan wrote.

Last edited by Hareeba!; 04-30-24 at 09:18 PM.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13947

The judge overseeing Donald Trump's criminal hush money trial fined the former U.S. president $9,000 for contempt of court on Tuesday and said he would consider jailing him if he continued to violate a gag order.

In a written order, Justice Juan Merchan said the fine may not be enough to serve as a deterrent for the wealthy businessman-turned-politician and lamented he did not have the authority to impose a higher penalty.

"Defendant is hereby warned that the Court will not tolerate wilful violations of its lawful orders and that if necessary and appropriate under the circumstances, it will impose an incarceratory punishment," Merchan wrote.

As the Biden donating judge continues to allow prosecution star witness Michael Cohen to trash Trump on Tik Tok and get paid to do so .

Last edited by jt315; 05-01-24 at 07:50 AM.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    As the Biden donating judge continues to allow prosecution star witness Michael Cohen to trash Trump on Tik Tok and get paid to do so .

and people will still pretend this isn't a sham.

Trump should ramp up his violations of the gag order. Let the judge sentence him to jail. It will only increase Trump's support.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8439

something like 60% of felony crimes have been reduced to a misdemeanor or dismissed altogether by Bragg I read.

Of course you took the my comment literally by pretending I meant no one gets prosecuted anymore. LOL. How much Pot are you smoking Jack? 29?
    Never liked Pot, and all the things I did like, a lot, I've been clean and sober from, for 6 years on May 25th. Something I never thought I could do. Alcohol was my drug of choice.

DwightShrute

Never liked Pot, and all the things I did like, a lot, I've been clean and sober from, for 6 years on May 25th. Something I never thought I could do. Alcohol was my drug of choice.
    its a just a little joke on your handle name.

Congrats on your sobriety. I know its not easy for many people.

Now if we can cure you of TDS somehow.
    Points Awarded:

jackpot269 gave DwightShrute 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

Hareeba!

TFG now violating the conditions of his DC bail and gag order by attacking Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony.

jt315

TFG now violating the conditions of his DC bail and gag order by attacking Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony.
    Never forget the attempted takeover of the Beast that you mental midgets fell for .

DwightShrute

Never forget the attempted takeover of the Beast that you mental midgets fell for .

ya remember that lie that women told under oath?

jt315

Thanks for the testimony Keith

Keith Richardson, the lawyer for Stormy Daniels.

He was questioned about the 2018 letter he wrote for Daniels in which they denied any romantic affair ever happening.

“ In the statement I said Daniels never had a sex*al and/or romantic affair with Donald Trump. That could be true.”

Hareeba!

Trump Makes Up Excuse, Says He Can’t Testify at Criminal Trial

‘I’m not allowed to testify, I’m under a gag order.’

And all you thick-as-a-brick MAGAts will actually believe this!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12182

Trump getting railroaded by the legal system but only getting stronger in the polls.. The people have spoken!

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1169

Congrats on your sobriety. If we could only get Jibbby off the hooch.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30700

and people will still pretend this isn't a sham.

Trump should ramp up his violations of the gag order. Let the judge sentence him to jail. It will only increase Trump's support.
    I hope that's the plan.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30700

ya remember that lie that women told under oath?
    Even teared up while doing it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Congrats on your sobriety. If we could only get Jibbby off the hooch.
    A little red wine these days.. Nothing else. Sober city and working out daily pal. Trying to get it done over here. No more fun and games.

Sobriety sucks Ozzy said it best but you gotta do it to be a winner in life.

Hareeba!

TFG’s attorneys clearly don’t want him to testify, because it’ll help ensure that he loses. But they can’t simply tell him that he’s too senile to take the stand.

So instead they appear to have steered him toward the belief that he’s not allowed to testify because of the gag order.

It all goes to show just how senile
    TFG has become.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Trump is right. If he says something wrong when testifying the judge can throw him in jail in violation of the gag order. Trump didn't lie.

Damn if you do damn if you don't moment.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1169

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    A little red wine these days.. Nothing else. Sober city and working out daily pal. Trying to get it done over here. No more fun and games.

Sobriety sucks Ozzy said it best but you gotta do it to be a winner in life.
    I’ve cut out my booze myself. Definitely not like the old days of hammering drinks, going out, raging until the sun comes up and then doing it again the next night.

Hareeba!

TFG insisted all along he would testify in his own defence in his criminal trial, but no one believed he’s go through with it. Then yesterday he announced that he can’t testify because of his gag order. This is, of course, not how anything works.

In a reminder that TFG isn’t actually getting away with any of this, Judge Merchan called him out in court today, pointing out that the gag order does not prevent him from testifying. This is important because it eliminates any opportunity for him to appeal a guilty verdict by claiming he didn’t know he was allowed to testify.

Of course the bigger story is that TFG is so far gone, he can’t take the stand in his own defence. He’d end up going on an unhinged bender that would further incriminate him, and the topics he’d bring up would merely allow prosecutors to bring up additional forms of evidence against him.

Hareeba!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

They have nothing on Trump. He's just picking up votes being tied down in this kangaroo court. Who needs to campaign when the fake news media now covers him daily?

This is 2016 all over again. I thought CNN and MSNBC learned their lesson covering Trump 24/7? I guess not. Free media coverage for the Don.

jt315

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...fied-docs-case

The left …Judge Cannon must recuse ! Gee…I wonder why

There’s no home field advantage in Judge Cannon’s courtroom in Fla Libs .

Special Counsel Jack Smith's team admitted on Friday that
    key evidence in Trump's classified documents case was altered or manipulated - leaving two different chronologies; one that was digitally scanned vs. what's in the actual boxes.

Smith also misled the court
    , after originally telling U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon that the boxes remained "in their original, intact form as seized," when in a footnote they conceded that they removed classified documents and left placeholder sheets, which prosecutors acknowledged has created an "inconsistent" record - in which some of the documents are no longer in the same order as they appear in digital scans made in the fall of 2022.

The Government acknowledges that this is inconsistent with what Government counsel previously understood and represented to the Court," the footnote reads, according to Just the News.

The finding comes after Cannon ordered a review into whether the FBI may have seized legally privileged records in response to a request from Trump co-defendant Walt Nauta

Last edited by jt315; 05-05-24 at 09:38 AM.

Hareeba!

How often do criminal defendants get held in contempt 10 times without being sent to jail?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeballs! View Post
    How often do criminal defendants get held in contempt 10 times without being sent to jail?

how often is anyone indicted on bogus charges simply because they are running for president? Other than places like Venezuela, North Korea, Russia, etc?

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5312

He promised that the many women who accused him of sexual misconduct “will be sued after the election is over.” He hasn’t sued them, presumably because he doesn’t want the truth to come out.

He said Mexico would pay for his border wall. The wall cost American taxpayers an estimated $11 billion.

OldBill

10 so far

jt315

how often is anyone indicted on bogus charges simply because they are running for president? Other than places like Venezuela, North Korea, Russia, etc?
    Hairyballs should be careful what he wishes for .

Notice there’s not much for him to post on this joke of a case .

Bet they never thought Fat Alvin’s case (the weakest) might be the only one that gets completed before Election Day .

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Trump getting railroaded by the legal system but only getting stronger in the polls.. The people have spoken!
    he did this to him self jibbby but this what makes america gret we can voice our opinions in here and not be harmed as long as we do not threaten to kill or hurt anybody

jt315

Defense lawyer Emil Bove got McConney to acknowledge that he had no direct interaction with Trump about the payments to Michael Cohen. “I did not ... not ever,” McConney said. The former Trump Organization controller said the people who told him to issue the payments — Cohen and then-Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg — never told him precisely what the payments were for or what Trump knew about them.

JOSH GERSTEIN
    05/06/2024, 12:37PM ET

DwightShrute

Defense lawyer Emil Bove got McConney to acknowledge that he had no direct interaction with Trump about the payments to Michael Cohen. “I did not ... not ever,” McConney said. The former Trump Organization controller said the people who told him to issue the payments — Cohen and then-Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg — never told him precisely what the payments were for or what Trump knew about them.

JOSH GERSTEIN
    05/06/2024, 12:37PM ET

they had no intention of ever winning this case. Its simply a way to keep Trump off the campaign trail and a sad attempt to convict him of some ridiculous charge which will be over turned on appeal if it even happens and because the polls suggest that some people will be less likely to vote for Trump if he is convicted. I don't believe those polls. This is really a black eye on the American justice system.

DwightShrute

First ... 72737475767778 Last