svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

does anybody have or has had youtube tv?

I got spectrum cable and I'm getting rid of it soon. Just weighing my options. My kids mostly game and stream (via Amazon and Netflix). The wife demands that she can watch her real housewife garbage. Since I would rather be happy vs. right, I'm looking in to options that will provide live sports, local news, etc. Any advice appreciated.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Youtube TV is pretty good. You get local channels without an antenna. I tried Hulu and Sling TV as well, but Youtube TV was best. Hulu has some original shows that are decent. Sling is barebones streaming.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave mtneer1212 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

I did a trial of YouTube tv it was delayed compared to regular cable by a long time. Do a trial of YouTube tv and see if you like it if they still have a free trial. All of these things will probably have a delay compared to real cable.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7077

All streaming is delayed, just some more than others.

YouTube TV was nice when I did a trial, twice. But expensive.

I ended up going with an IPTV service, which gets close to 9000 channels. Not that I watch a lot of TV, but the options are there.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I use youtubeTV. The unlimited DVR is great. Good channel selection at least for me. Local channels/sports/smithsonian channel/ID network. Everything I need.
    The sports are delayed like a minute or so, but I think all streaming services are like that.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2340

Nope I have ILML tv its the best deal out there I get everything 20 a MONTH

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Another thing I like about youtubeTV I think up to four devices can be streamed at one time. I share with buddy in Florida. Never had an issue.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 458

It's the best streaming service. Can watch it on 6 TVs at home, laptop, PC tablet, phone, etc. Basicallu if you have a gmail you can watch it everywhere.

Here is what i have for everything: Youtubetv, ESPN+ and Netflix for streaming. There is always something to watch.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1112

I’ve tried them all. YouTubeTV the best. Might be a little more expensive but multiple devices, great local channels, easy on/off add ons.

magpie878

It also depends what channel needs you have. Every service seems to have A and B but not C. Then another has A B C but not D..

Of course, there's a trial. And can cancel any month if you're not happy.

WinDove
    WinDove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 719

We could always go back to the old days of putting on eye-patches, peg legs, and sailing the 7 seas, if you understand what I mean...

svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

I used to have Kodi. I used to watch pirated movies, you could see the people in the theater on some streams. I don’t think Kodi exists anymore. I’m just tired of paying $200/month for the same garbage programs over and over…

magpie878

Like I said (and maybe another)... try an IPTV service if you're willing to have an occasional hiccup and no DVR... 8900+ channels on mine, PPV, other countries' TV, whatever you want. And I doubt mine's the best, there's probably even better ones with more.