LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

How much do you tip for a haircut?

I know it will likely be a large variation .. I use Great Clips and a SENIOR haircut is $15. I tip $5. the same as when it was $13.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Yup. Just give the grizzly old lady the $20 and go.

Thou my GC gal has started doing my back shave too for extra $10, well worth it.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2247

Haircuts are $1.50 here, I tip 50 cents

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1112

$5.00 is a good tip. If she has her rubbing on your head the entire time just hand over the wallet.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Pay with 20...cost 16...u know the rest

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

I go to the neighborhood shop and they are cool give me beers shoot the shit. They charge 24, I give them 35.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    $5.00 is a good tip. If she has her rubbing on your head the entire time just hand over the wallet.
    That's a good idea for a barbershop, like the Hooters of barber shops, have them rub your shoulders and massage your scalp.

You might be onto something here. Could probably charge $50 for that cut.

Have them all wearing booty shorts and low-cut tops and spectator pumps!

Run with it, you could probably get rich!

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3730

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    What prison?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    That's a good idea for a barbershop, like the Hooters of barber shops, have them rub your shoulders and massage your scalp.

You might be onto something here. Could probably charge $50 for that cut.

Have them all wearing booty shorts and low-cut tops and spectator pumps!

Run with it, you could probably get rich!
    and if you can get those select female barbers who do good fades and tape ups it would be a home run. customers already will be there cause they want to keep the haircut fresh. add in sexy females dressed skimpy, you can name your price.

pologq

i pay $25 right now and give $10 extra. i go weekly. the one thing in life i like to do each week is get my haircut and keep it clean. it is euphoric for me.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

When I was in Philly they had a $8 a haircut run by the Asians. No happy endings. Always felt bad so would just give her a twenty. I was a VIP there. Whenever I came in they took me no waiting. Now I just do the crew cut thing

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1441

I cut my own hair but sometimes I am so pleased with the result, I touch myself as compensation..

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i pay $25 right now and give $10 extra. i go weekly. the one thing in life i like to do each week is get my haircut and keep it clean. it is euphoric for me.
    I go every other week.

BrickJames
    Action

and if you can get those select female barbers who do good fades and tape ups it would be a home run. customers already will be there cause they want to keep the haircut fresh. add in sexy females dressed skimpy, you can name your price.
    Exactly, and I don't think you need a liquor license to give alcohol away do you? I know most of the women salons do it.

Give a guy an ice cold beer, have the games on, have the chick rub his shoulders and massage his scalp for like 5 minutes before the cut. Obviously encourage flirting like they do at Hooters.

They would be lined up around the block begging to give their money away, guys will be leaving huge tips trying to impress the girls. They would probably work for minimum wage because the tips would be so big.

BrickJames
    Action

.....or, if you are just renting the chairs to girls you could probably get like 500 - 1000 per week per chair.

Only 1 beer per customer though. Don't need any lawsuits. I'm a big drinker and I never drink more than one or two beers when I get my haircut. So one should be plenty.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Interesting about getting a beer....Is that a franchise type place? When I worked in NYC, as a young dumb and full of xxx, there was nothing you couldn't get on 42nd street... Can't say, "I love New York" like the song says, but damn what an education and to think I had a college degree before entering. LOL

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

pay 20 tip 20

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Exactly, and I don't think you need a liquor license to give alcohol away do you? I know most of the women salons do it.

Give a guy an ice cold beer, have the games on, have the chick rub his shoulders and massage his scalp for like 5 minutes before the cut. Obviously encourage flirting like they do at Hooters.

They would be lined up around the block begging to give their money away, guys will be leaving huge tips trying to impress the girls. They would probably work for minimum wage because the tips would be so big.
    there is your business idea.

i am not sure about the liquor license but i see this thru Google for NY. you really do not even need the alcohol. a cut with hot girls and the games on tv is enough.

According to the New York State Liquor Authority, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control: ... You MUST have a license or permit to sell/serve beer, wine or liquor to the public. Venues without a license or permit may not allow patrons to “bring their own” alcoholic beverages for consumption.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11943

Haven't had a cut in about 5 months. Costed like 14usd at a 1 man shop where the owner is the barber. No tip expected, no tip given.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Interesting about getting a beer....Is that a franchise type place? When I worked in NYC, as a young dumb and full of xxx, there was nothing you couldn't get on 42nd street... Can't say, "I love New York" like the song says, but damn what an education and to think I had a college degree before entering. LOL
    What?

BrickJames
    Action

there is your business idea.

i am not sure about the liquor license but i see this thru Google for NY. you really do not even need the alcohol. a cut with hot girls and the games on tv is enough.

According to the New York State Liquor Authority, Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control: ... You MUST have a license or permit to sell/serve beer, wine or liquor to the public. Venues without a license or permit may not allow patrons to “bring their own” alcoholic beverages for consumption.
    All the girls Salon where I'm from give the girls champagne and all the barber shops the cool ones anyways give the guys beers, must just be a regional thing probably under the table if they know you and know you're cool.

BrickJames
    Action

Either way you are right penetrate the alcohol.

Just some and a pretty face should be plenty with a little back massage and plenty of eye candy

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30722

$5 tip

Back in San Diego there was a girl that worked out of her home. She set up one of her rooms with a professional chair/mirror and on the other side of the room was a massage table.

$120 for a haircut/massage/blowie

I tipped her more than $5

BrickJames
    Action

But then you will probably end up running into some little liberal pussy saying that this hot chick hurt his back, so now you can't have back massages without a license.

And then you'll run into some feminist saying that you're degrading women because of the outfits.

This is exactly why I don't work in retail it's a logistical nightmare.

God bless any man who has the balls to serve the public these days

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Buy a Wahl kit and learn to do it yourself

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90446

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    For 10 bucks you get laid as well

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1556

lady janes 16 cut give her a 20

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    lady janes 16 cut give her a 20
    Why would you tip more than the actual price?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Why would you tip more than the actual price?
    She gets 20 total. The cut is 16 so i guess its 25%

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    She gets 20 total. The cut is 16 so i guess its 25%
    Oh

I miss understood. So basically 4 bucks to round it off to 20. Same here.

Got it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

The plandemic gave me good cover for not going back to a neighborhood guy who was a good guy and all, but like most italians would make unnecessary cracks as they do in their gritty wise guy way if they aren't really good, friendly guys (smart ass types, the joes probably rubbed off on them growing up). I think he charged $20 and I gave him $4-5 it's all cash business as far as I know. Here's the thing, I probably got 10 haircuts from the guy. Solid, nothing special. I went in early and waited between 5-10 minutes for my haircut, maybe 15 once ... at least 5 times of the 10. I got there maybe 2-3 times 5 minutes late, and the fukkin guy always said something in the way they only can - never let shit go, snide type shit. Why do you do this to people and expect you are going to keep getting service, or a tip? I found the way it was handled odd and off putting.

Maybe he cares and maybe he doesn't, but now I pay him zero and do the shit myself whenever I want. Did he do a little better job than I do? Yes, but barely, since no one can really tell the difference. People might notice if you got to a guy for a fade that's money the way fukkers do it these days - but that shit costs you between $50-75 and if you like it, it's worth it, no doubt. But you gotta have the hair for it too, not thinning as you age, nammean?
    Last edited by StackinGreen; 02-25-21 at 08:32 PM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    The plandemic gave me good cover for not going back to a neighborhood guy who was a good guy and all, but like most italians would make unnecessary cracks as they do in their gritty wise guy way if they aren't really good, friendly guys (smart ass types, the joes probably rubbed off on them growing up). I think he charged $20 and I gave him $4-5 it's all cash business as far as I know. Here's the thing, I probably got 10 haircuts from the guy. Solid, nothing special. I went in early and waited between 5-10 minutes for my haircut, maybe 15 once ... at least 5 times of the 10. I got there maybe 2-3 times 5 minutes late, and the fukkin guy always said something in the way they only can - never let shit go, snide type shit. Why do you do this to people and expect you are going to keep getting service, or a tip? I found the way it was handled odd and off putting.

Maybe he cares and maybe he doesn't, but now I pay him zero and do the shit myself whenever I want. Did he do a little better job than I do? Yes, but barely, since no one can really tell the difference. People might notice if you got to a guy for a fade that's money the way fukkers do it these days - but that shit costs you between $50-75 and if you like it, it's worth it, no doubt. But you gotta have the hair for it too, not thinning as you age, nammean?
    I pay 20 for a mohawk fade. You are way overpaying

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 580

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    $5 tip

Back in San Diego there was a girl that worked out of her home. She set up one of her rooms with a professional chair/mirror and on the other side of the room was a massage table.

$120 for a haircut/massage/blowie

I tipped her more than $5
    Where abouts in SD? Asking for a friend.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30722

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    Where abouts in SD? Asking for a friend.
    Was like 15 years ago.

North County

I think we have the same friend though.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2247

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    What prison?
    Hanoi, Vietnam

12 Last