nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Gandolphini sopranos

Watch his acting and he was fantastic...during the reunion a few years back..so many said his acting and patience etc was classic. A true legend.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

very true.

underrated actor. made tony what he is.

they originally wanted ray liotta and lorraine bracco to be tony and carmella.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

He really ballooned up thou

Van Zand was terrible entire series

Johnny Sack best character on there

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    He really ballooned up thou

Van Zand was terrible entire series

Johnny Sack best character on there
    Agreed, you know Johnny sack wasn't even an actor?

Can't remember the details but I read an article one time about how he landed the job.

nyplayer33

Tony did baloon up and he aged quick. Rumor from those inside..was gandolphini was into coke...plus him balooning up. Equals death sentence. Johnnie sack was fantastic. I thought carmela was a huge star as was gandolphini. Christopher was also pretty good. Didnt like pussy much. One scene that was great is johnnie sack goes to lupertazzi to have whats his name whacked over fat wife comment. Lupertazzi says ill crack him good ask for 200k..sack says whats next he gets to fuckkk her for a million..lupertazzi says he wantsto fuckk her..lol

nyplayer33

Ray liotta?? Cant stand him

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Favorite show for me (together with Band of Brothers) - prob watched it 7-8 times already

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Ray liotta?? Cant stand him
    yep they wanted to bring back the magic of goodfellas. bracco wanted a different role so she ended up as the doc with the hot milf legs.

pologq

RAY LIOTTA AS TONY ON THE SOPRANOS

The late James Gandolfini was brilliant as Tony Soprano on the HBO drama, but Ray Liotta was the first choice to play the mob boss. In a Today Show interview, he said he turned it down because he wanted to focus on movies, and he didn't want to make the two-year commitment.

Once upon a time, legendary mob cornerstones The Sopranos and Goodfellas almost shared a star: Ray Liotta, but Liotta passed on the role of Tony Soprano, which would go to James Gandolifini. It turns out these two would've had more in common as Lorraine Bracco, who famously played mob wife Karen Hill in Goodfellas, reveals Sopranos creator David Chase didn’t ask her to play Tony Soprano’s therapist Dr. Jennifer Melfi. Chase actually approached her to play Soprano’s wife, Carmela.
    Bracco said, “I fell in love with David [Chase] the minute I met him, when I walked into the room. I said, ‘I like this guy.’ And I said, ‘Look, I don't think I should play Carmela because I did it, I did it in a Scorsese movie, I got an Oscar nomination. I really don't think I'm going to bring so much to this for you that I haven't done already.’ I said, ‘But I really love this script, and I want to play Mefli.'

Chase took the bait, Edie Falco ended up landing the part of Carmela, and the rest is history.

nyplayer33

Wow, great article..thanks. another part i loved..paulie n christopher go to russian to pickup money for silvio...russian accent and he ran away from those 2 in the snow.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Wow, great article..thanks. another part i loved..paulie n christopher go to russian to pickup money for silvio...russian accent and he ran away from those 2 in the snow.
    The one with Paulie and Christopher lost in the snowy woods was easily one of the top three episodes.

Fighting over tic tacs.

Paulie telling Christopher “You’re not going to believe this, he killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.”

Christopher: “His house looked like shit.”
    Last edited by BigJay; 03-04-20 at 12:22 AM.
    Points Awarded:

MinnesotaFats gave BigJay 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

“Hunting us with what? His c**k?”

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

"Whoa. Do it somewhere else! I dont wanna smell your piss!"

nyplayer33

During reunion you can watch on youtube....edie falco was nothing like her role..she was kind of dorkie. She is never married. Most upset was meadow during reunion...she was in pieces that he was no longer alive and he touched her with his many ways during sopranos. Most actors during reunion were quiet..paulie looked very very old. Melfi looked the same during reunion as her soprano episodes.

nyplayer33

Pussy and forget the other met some organized crime guys and i think had lunch etc.

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

The wire was better than sopranos