scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    If Jamal is struggling to get call backs then why would Jamal name his child Danswikaofus or some of the other marginally pronouceable names I often hear.
    you're just as bigoted as itchy, recon, all the rest of them.

how does this penetrating racist have mod powers? and since you do - just ban me you dumb cocksucking cu.nt!

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    So, your saying todays liberals are not fascist & totalitarians? with a big drop of corporate fascism?
    no moron. i'm saying there are no liberals - outside of a handful of people - and we're already a fascist country.

scumbag

Because violence is of course a reasonable answer to someone who speaks something you don't agree with.
    they speak the language of racism; which represents violence and hate. clearly reasonable to beat the shit out of such a person.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25135

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I kinda see why he drops F bombs now. So you give a typical response you hear from racists and that is take no responsibilty and blame the victim. So start naming your child more non black names in order to get a call back or interview? As if whomever is denying a job based on race wouldn't eventually find out that person's race via interview or simply seeing they circled African American on the resume.

I'm not blaming anyone but rather simply asking a question? I was curious as to why? And as far as what I said being a typical response I looked at it more as an honest question. You didnt have anything resembling an answer so I will assume you do not know.

As far as my own personal opinion. I do whatever I can to give my children every advantage possible in life. Again, that is me personally and what I choose to do. Its not my place to judge or tell anyone else what they should do I was just more curious as to the rationale behind it.

And as far as the comments from scumbag, again, it makes his arguments pointless and childlike that he cannot make a post without using C unt or wanting to beat someone. Assuming he is actually adult or at least of adult age its obnoxious.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    you're just as bigoted as itchy, recon, all the rest of them.

how does this penetrating racist have mod powers? and since you do - just ban me you dumb cocksucking cu.nt!

Ah yes, another question met with more childlike replies. So I get why me being dumb is an insult but not sure what you mean with the cocksucking or c unt. Are these your own personal issues you have with homosexuals or women?

And by no means I am a racist or a bigot. I simply asked a question based on names and why if you know something is harmful why you continue to do it? Wasnt mean to be disrespectful but was actually looking for an answer.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

they speak the language of racism; which represents violence and hate. clearly reasonable to beat the shit out of such a person.

Yes, because violence and beating the shit out of people has worked so far for both sides thus far in our countries history. You beat the shit out of one racist idiot and he goes and tells 10 other people how he was beaten by whoever for whatever stupid reason and now their minds start turning with their own racist reasoning. Cycle continues to perpetuate itself and low and behold progress is continually stunted by morons white, black, hispanic or whatever. Well done as usual.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I'm not blaming anyone but rather simply asking a question? I was curious as to why? And as far as what I said being a typical response I looked at it more as an honest question. You didnt have anything resembling an answer so I will assume you do not know.

As far as my own personal opinion. I do whatever I can to give my children every advantage possible in life. Again, that is me personally and what I choose to do. Its not my place to judge or tell anyone else what they should do I was just more curious as to the rationale behind it.

And as far as the comments from scumbag, again, it makes his arguments pointless and childlike that he cannot make a post without using C unt or wanting to beat someone. Assuming he is actually adult or at least of adult age its obnoxious.
    Why what? Why people name their children what they want to name them? You're missing the point, its not the name, the name only readily tells the hirer that the person is black. Black is the issue not the name.

scumbag

what you can't grasp - because you're a bigot too - is how penetrating outrageous this whole thread is.

optimal agrees:
    tying to debate it adds to the offense
    i wonder if that could have anything to do with my attitude ITT? which is pretty consistent with my attitude OTF as it has plenty of dumb racists.

oh... no... you and that other guy are right; i'm childish and lack the ability to think critically.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If Jamal is struggling to get call backs then why would Jamal name his child Danswikaofus or some of the other marginally pronouceable names I often hear.
    It's funny you mention names.

I have several black families on my street and everyone is pretty cool with each other. The guy that lives 2 houses down from me has 2 kids in their mid teens, their names are Kevin and Lisa Anne. Very respectful nice kids. The woman across the street has 3 younger kids(like 8 to 12 years old) that are constantly in trouble. Two of their names are DeJamison and JerMichael(or JaMichael, not sure) and the girl's name is China. I don't get the China name either.

Kermit

Why what? Why people name their children what they want to name them? You're missing the point, its not the name, the name only readily tells the hirer that the person is black. Black is the issue not the name.
    Ok, here is a question, why does it seem to me(a white person) that so many black people go out of their way to be so different? I mean we all want to fit in with each other and be treated equally, but some of the black people that I know and live beside almost seem like they are going out of their way to be purposely treated differently.

For example, in the middle of summer when it is hot and 80+ degrees outside, I'll see a black teen walking down the street dressed in clothes that they should be wearing in the winter.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

I understand the issue, I even agree their is an issue. But my point was why would parents not give their child every advantage? Here is an example. The HR Manager is racist and readily screens names out that sound black before calling for interviews. Once inside an interview they meet with Accounting Manager who is not racist and will hire who he views as the most impressive candidate. Guy with "white" name landed interview, impressed in interview and landed job. Guy with "black" name was discriminated against and did not receive same opportunity. Is it right? of course not but it is what it is.

i'm not white, there were plenty of cultural names I could have named my children. I chose not too, why you ask? I want my children to have the best chance for success in this environment regardless of whether it is right or wrong. If that means assimilating certain issues of cultural pride than so be it. Again, that is my opinion and my right just like you and everyone else has theirs.

scumbag

Cycle continues to perpetuate itself
    there will always be racism. the low-class whites - like in this thread - will always need someone to look down on.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Ok, here is a question, why does it seem to me(a white person) that so many black people go out of their way to be so different? I mean we all want to fit in with each other and be treated equally, but some of the black people that I know and live beside almost seem like they are going out of their way to be purposely treated differently.

For example, in the middle of summer when it is hot and 80+ degrees outside, I'll see a black teen walking down the street dressed in clothes that they should be wearing in the winter.
    What clothes would those be? I never understood when whites in high school it would be 40 degrees and some would be wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9034

[IMG]https://*********************************/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/p843x403/11781778_1036998996311963_65640417183897 98103_n.jpg?oh=67b8c477e48d8a0d3897b746e b97d400&oe=5649A335[/IMG]

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

but you are a racist - so there that - here's all the evidence we need:

this is the language of a racist trying to justify institutional racism.
    Actually, if you read what you quoted form me, you'd discover

1) I asked what's terrible about people making biased hires, which is different from me saying I hire based on race.

2) This is the language of a basic right acknowledged by most of the world, including the Constitution which I was referencing.

None of the above makes me a racist, but I understand it's much easier for you to simply call someone a racist than it is to think for yourself and try to answer a question. You're certainly not the only person in the country or the world whose ignorance is maintained by intellectual laziness.

I kinda see why he drops F bombs now. So you give a typical response you hear from racists and that is take no responsibilty and blame the victim. So start naming your child more non black names in order to get a call back or interview? As if whomever is denying a job based on race wouldn't eventually find out that person's race via interview or simply seeing they circled African American on the resume.
    When someone asks a question, it seems smarter to discuss an answer. Seems like a fair question to me; he's wondering why people would choose to make it tougher for their children to interact in the current environment.

Best answer I've seen indicates that "super-black" names are often given by moms coming from a disadvantaged background (poor, little to no support for childraising) and with a super-black name herself. It's often a solid signal of a parent in a bad situation who is less likely to raise a model citizen, and who isn't thinking about helping their kid fit in to corporate environments. Deshaniqua and Sally will do just as well if they're from similar economic backgrounds, but they usually aren't. The trend isn't difficult to pick up, and employers determine that a Sally is generally more employable than Deshaniqua, and act on that bias (mistakenly in the case of similar qualifications); employers time being a limited resource, not surprising that they'd fall back on rules of thumb that don't always apply. There's some interesting data behind it, I remember being pretty surprised when I first read about it, but it makes a lot of sense.

Triple_D_Bet

Black is not the issue; mistaken application of a more-often-true-than-not guideline is the issue.

Kermit

What clothes would those be? I never understood when whites in high school it would be 40 degrees and some would be wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts.
    Dark clothes. Big oversized coat, Boots, tossle cap etc.. I see this pretty often. It just seems odd.

As for white kids wearing shorts in the winter to school, I've seen that too, I think it's some type of "macho" thing. But they only do it becasue they know that they'll be in a warm school soon. If they knew they were going to be out in cold temps for long periods of time, they wouldn't do it. No risk of heatstroke from wearing shorts though.

jtoler

I understand the issue, I even agree their is an issue. But my point was why would parents not give their child every advantage? Here is an example. The HR Manager is racist and readily screens names out that sound black before calling for interviews. Once inside an interview they meet with Accounting Manager who is not racist and will hire who he views as the most impressive candidate. Guy with "white" name landed interview, impressed in interview and landed job. Guy with "black" name was discriminated against and did not receive same opportunity. Is it right? of course not but it is what it is.

i'm not white, there were plenty of cultural names I could have named my children. I chose not too, why you ask? I want my children to have the best chance for success in this environment regardless of whether it is right or wrong. If that means assimilating certain issues of cultural pride than so be it. Again, that is my opinion and my right just like you and everyone else has theirs.
    I see. I don't think anyone is thinking about their baby getting hired when their deciding names, Ive seen other races give their child more American names, mostly Asians, I haven't seen really Indians doing such, to each their own I guess.

jtoler

Dark clothes. Big oversized coat, Boots, tossle cap etc.. I see this pretty often. It just seems odd.

As for white kids wearing shorts in the winter to school, I've seen that too, I think it's some type of "macho" thing. But they only do it becasue they know that they'll be in a warm school soon. If they knew they were going to be out in cold temps for long periods of time, they wouldn't do it. No risk of heatstroke from wearing shorts though.
    No just hypothermia.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    ...Best answer I've seen indicates that "super-black" names are often given by moms coming from a disadvantaged background (poor, little to no support for childraising) and with a super-black name herself. It's often a solid signal of a parent in a bad situation who is less likely to raise a model citizen, and who isn't thinking about helping their kid fit in to corporate environments...
    at "super-black" names.

They may not make it in force in the corporate world, but they sure do make in the sports world.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Kermit

I see. I don't think anyone is thinking about their baby getting hired when their deciding names, Ive seen other races give their child more American names, mostly Asians, I haven't seen really Indians doing such, to each their own I guess.
    I was told straight up by a black man that black parents are purposely making up strange names for their kids just to impress their family and friends. Now whether or not he is right, I don't know. He also told me that black people mostly own pitbulls as a status symbol.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

what you can't grasp - because you're a bigot too - is how penetrating outrageous this whole thread is.

optimal agrees:

i wonder if that could have anything to do with my attitude ITT? which is pretty consistent with my attitude OTF as it has plenty of dumb racists.

oh... no... you and that other guy are right; i'm childish and lack the ability to think critically.
    Of course I'm a bigot, it makes your ranting seem justified. No idea whether you have the ability to think critically or not but derogatory references toward women, constant ranting, and threats of violence do seem rather childlike or dense.

And of course the thread is ridiculous, look who started it, guy pulled some mentally handicapped women abusing a baby and used it to troll his racist viewpoints to others with it. Its awful, women needs serious help, guys filming it was a lowlife as well watching it happen and just filming it. First time that baby was pushed to the floor he should have jumped to grab him and stopped the crazy women from harming the child. But in retards world it worked, it got people to rant and rave about it and made him feel like he accomplished something. I promise you the only people viewing that video thinking that is the typical black family are already die hard racist to begin with and nothing you or anyone else says will probably ever change their mind. Much less you threatening to beat their head in over a computer screen or calling them derogatory female terms over and over again. So yeah this whole thread is outrageous/stupid/obnoxious/ whatever and you are one of the primary contributors to it.

How many dipshit videos would guys like retard post if they were ignored? Im guessing it would be a lot less than now.

Kermit

No just hypothermia.
    you can't get hypothermia just from walking from a warm bus into a warm school.

jtoler

I was told straight up by a black man that black parents are purposely making up strange names for their kids just to impress their family and friends. Now whether or not he is right, I don't know. He also told me that black people mostly own pitbulls as a status symbol.
    What status does owning a pitbull supposed to give one? I've owned one, simply because I like the way they look always have. Also had a Siberian husky and German shepherd.

Triple_D_Bet

What passes for fashion can be a big part of kids' identity, but it doesn't seem like comfort is a primary design criteria

jtoler

you can't get hypothermia just from walking from a warm bus into a warm school.
    They would stand outside for an hour before school smoking and talking...shivering.

Kermit

What status does owning a pitbull supposed to give one? I've owned one, simply for him because I like the way they look always have. Also had a Siberian husky and German shepherd.
    I have no idea. That is what He told me. I thought that it was odd as well. I just thought black people liked Pits because they were a tough dog. I didn't realize that a dog was compared to a car.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Set the names aside...how about parents teaching their kids basic decency from an early age and that translates better later in life. Good parenting goes a LONG way in how your kid is gonna be in a few years. If you give them negative influences and drop all of your own insecurities and grievances on them...they will pick up that attitude and be a step behind in life when its their turn. See it far too often.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    What passes for fashion can be a big part of kids' identity, but it doesn't seem like comfort is a primary design criteria
    That's true. We are living in an age when wearing earbuds not even plugged into anything is a fashion statement.

scumbag

asians face discrimination in the united states too.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-asia...amboo-ceiling/

jtoler

I have no idea. That is what He told me. I thought that it was odd as well. I just thought black people liked Pits because they were a tough dog. I didn't realize that a dog was compared to a car.
    Well I wouldn't get a car solely on looks, but he was top of the line, most assertive out of the litter, so I picked him for more than looks.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Yeah, to each his own. And see, we had a discussion, never needed to threaten, call each other names, or stoop to backhanded homosexual references or derogatory terms toward women and were each able to make our points.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

I wore some stupid stuff in high school so I have no idea what goes into peoples heads with the clothes they wear, especially teens.

I'm not a huge fan of the pants sagging so far down someones backside though that when they bend over in the store my kids see basically their whole ass and I gotta explain to my four year old why he cannot tell that guy his pants are down. Also dont like the multi color hair thing as I can do without the dramatic look at me phase.

First ... 45678910 Last