Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    I missed this post earlier. You went to Quantico, Va. for training? They surely didn't teach you that a legal command was asking anybody for I.D. when you haven't established PC. This command can not be lawful until you've established PROBABLE CAUSE. A citizen merely stopping at a checkpoint DOES NOT MAKE THEM SUSPICIOUS OF COMMITTING ANY CRIME(S)

A person who refuses an Officer of any branch of Law Enforcement I.D. at a checkpoint who's not suspected of committing a crime is excersing a Constitutionally protected right. Now, if citizen pulls into checkpoint with open containers, broken tail-lights or other MV's then it's Sir, Mrs, you have three seconds to comply because at this point I have proabable cause to take my investigation to next level or i'll bust the window in and take you out by hair if i need to.

Hard to believe an FBI agent would not know this basic tactics in preservation of Constitutional rights, then again an FBI agent doest have any authority outside of 63 square miles called Washington D.C.

I'm not calling you to the carpet Rangers, but the mindset you developed over you're years of service has caused many lawsuits and LEO's are usually not on the winning end.
    100% incorrect

If you are at a checkpoint, there is no PC for the stop....
    IT'S A CHECKPOINT

You obviously do not have any education in law as part of your background. ..

You said"
    A person who refuses an Officer of any branch of Law Enforcement I.D. at a checkpoint who's not suspected of committing a crime is excersing a Constitutionally protected right.

Which right is that?
    Which right guarantees you don't have to identify yourself?

Thanks in advance

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post
    100% incorrect

IT'S A CHECKPOINT

You said"
    A person who refuses an Officer of any branch of Law Enforcement I.D. at a checkpoint who's not suspected of committing a crime is excersing a Constitutionally protected right.

Which right is that?

Thanks in advance

hey look a delusional pig who is fearful his life as a cop was meaningless

ps.. it was but the broken liberal government, that you are 100% apart of and support because you are a liberal, thanks you

Think you would be brave enough to ask me for an ID if it wasn't a checkpoint.... didn't think so coward. Just doing your job tho!!! right? lol

love talking to you fake ass American liberals, wish policeone forum would let me post there with you delusional psychos LGR. Pull some strings for me.

2:58 mark, these are dumb, uneducated pigs you're over paying, blindly supporting and slowly giving up your rights for. Lol white eric gardner here, so is he a big threat to everyone or a big walking heart attack waiting to happen LGR? haha

you can't have you cake and eat it too LGR, whose side are you on? US citizens or your boys in blue. Head on over to policeone forum, they clearly made their choice. Or better yet, who do you believe when you watch this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ezRDR8bJJrw

“if you want them to be quiet, just do them like this,”
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-20-15 at 07:34 AM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Without the "Boys in Blue" and their presence known, this entire country would be in complete chaos. And if you don't believe that and instead think that the citizens will police themselves, then you are delusional.

Everyone knows the cops are not all perfect, but neither are Doctors, Mechanics, School Teachers, or the guys who flip your burgers at McDoanlds.

Instead of looking at the miniscule amount of bad things the police do, why not focus on the huge amount of good things that they do?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post
    100% incorrect

IT'S A CHECKPOINT

You said"

Which right is that?

Thanks in advance

Maybe i learned to apply law and obey it from a cracker-jack-box, or maybe you did.

I'm not going to take the time to look up the case law, but U.S. Supreme Court ruled Checkpoints are Constitutional, but also a citizen does not lose Constitutional protected rights while entering a checkpoint.

Citizen does not have to I.D. themselves unless they are being accused of committing a crime, this law DOES NOT CHANGE WHILE ENTERING A CHECKPOINT EVER. Most Lawyers will advise to give I.D. to expedite the process. I KNOW VERY WELL how you accumulated what YOU THINK IS THE LAW, because you were told throughout you're career you could do x, y & Z and you thought you're bosses were the legislatures or the framing founding Father's. I know it's a tough lesson to learn, but i call it a severe brainwashing you must cleanse yourself of. I have and am a better person who truly knows what freedooms we have. applying the law as intended will make society a better place and doesn't facilitate the criminal elimate.

If (as you say) are/were a LEO, when not if the time comes when you know you have a bad person, you will know what to do to achieve PC to take the necessary steps in such occassions.

You need to relearn the Fourth Amendment.

Checkpoint allows for L.E. to see inside a vehicle without opening doors or commanding a person to exit a vehicle, establish any equipment failures etc.

Then again i would not expect an alleged FBI agent o know any of the aforementioned. I've seen FBI personnel work checkpoints with locals (for whatever reasons) and they are simply lumps on logs, because they are out of jurisdiction and can't do a damn thing. If you got pimp slapped at one of you're coveted checkpoints a local would have to bring charges, not you…HaHa!

DHS has inserted agents at checkpoints only to desensitize local citizens and local LEO's to think it's normal for you to be on site, my opinion of course.

Tell me Rangers who is the most powerful LEO in the country?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Without the "Boys in Blue" and their presence known, this entire country would be in complete chaos. And if you don't believe that and instead think that the citizens will police themselves, then you are delusional.

Everyone knows the cops are not all perfect, but neither are Doctors, Mechanics, School Teachers, or the guys who flip your burgers at McDoanlds.

Instead of looking at the miniscule amount of bad things the police do, why not focus on the huge amount of good things that they do?
    Good points Kermit, but i also think an armed society is a polite society.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Nicely worded and said.
    Im the first person to disagree with a fair amount of policing our officers do in the United States
    but Kermit is completely right. In the end, no 1 is perfect... just human beings trying to step into a "role"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    If you didn't know, DUI checkpoints are unconstitutional. If you ever go into one, you can do the following:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/1...ty-checkpoints

if you forget to do that, never admit to drinking. Even if they get you to get out of your car and arrest you, deny a breathalyzer. You will automatically lose your license for denying it but you will get out of it. The checkpoint is unconstitutional and if you don't admit to drinking, the smell could be from just nonalcoholic beer and you will get out of it. It may cost you a decent lawyer, but you won't get a felony or DUi
    yeah fukk the police.

a cop asked if he could search my car one time i was like

" Brah you must be a rookie. Fukk no you cant search my car"

brooks85

and without the sun, the Earth would freeze... use your head and think next time instead of making obvious claims no one is debating.

And it is funny you say no one is perfect and listed a bunch of examples, all of which are held accountable for their actions far more than law enforcement. And in one specific case, doctors, absurdly too much.

in the mean time... just doing their job!! lol

He said other news media outlets had skewed the story: “They twisted this into an antipolice thing,” he said. “It wasn’t the police’s fault — they were just doing their job.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/ny...lice.html?_r=1
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-20-15 at 10:53 AM.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave brooks85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Nicely worded and said.
    Im the first person to disagree with a fair amount of policing our officers do in the United States
    but Kermit is completely right. In the end, no 1 is perfect... just human beings trying to step into a "role"
    The way that I see at it, you have more of a chance of being healthy and entering a hospital and ending up dead than you do being completely innocent(or even guilty) and ending up being killed by a cop.

And we are paying ridiculous amounts of money for healthcare and the money doctors earn makes a cop's salary look silly.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    and without the sun, the Earth would freeze... use your head and think next time instead of making obvious claims no one is debating.
    Then what exactly was your point about cops being worthless?

brooks85

Then what exactly was your point about cops being worthless?

Easy

I spend a dollar, it gets wasted; worthless. As it stands today and for the past 30 years, police are worthless. If you think they are keeping you safe or society together, you're living in the matrix. Many individuals portfolio's want to say thank you tho.

It is like talking about evolution with a religious person, they automatically assume you're denying the existence of God; a totally different debate.

Same thing happens EVERY time you bring up our overpaid, useless, unconstitutional police force. People have been trained and automatically go "lets see what the world would be without law and order."

lol every single time, like clockwork.

So if I tell you how the Iraq war was a complete scam are you going to throw back at me "I guess you don't want us to have an Army at all huh?"

We have great men and women who are soldiers and law enforcement. That doesn't mean they are not being brainwashed or used for evil intentions.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
    George Orwell
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-20-15 at 11:09 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: R.P. McMurphy

Kermit

I got news for you my friend, you are going to have some incompetence in every profession.

Let's Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    hey look a delusional pig who is fearful his life as a cop was meaningless

ps.. it was but the broken liberal government, that you are 100% apart of and support because you are a liberal, thanks you

Think you would be brave enough to ask me for an ID if it wasn't a checkpoint.... didn't think so coward. Just doing your job tho!!! right? lol

love talking to you fake ass American liberals, wish policeone forum would let me post there with you delusional psychos LGR. Pull some strings for me.

2:58 mark, these are dumb, uneducated pigs you're over paying, blindly supporting and slowly giving up your rights for. Lol white eric gardner here, so is he a big threat to everyone or a big walking heart attack waiting to happen LGR? haha

you can't have you cake and eat it too LGR, whose side are you on? US citizens or your boys in blue. Head on over to policeone forum, they clearly made their choice. Or better yet, who do you believe when you watch this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ezRDR8bJJrw

“if you want them to be quiet, just do them like this,”
    nothing to do with bravery. ...

Why would I ask you for ID ?

If you are walking down the street doing nothing wrong, you don't get hassled

If you are being an asshole or giving me a reason to interact with you, of course I'm going to ask for ID.

what happens after that is largely going to depend on how you react to my request

Let's Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Maybe i learned to apply law and obey it from a cracker-jack-box, or maybe you did.

I'm not going to take the time to look up the case law, but U.S. Supreme Court ruled Checkpoints are Constitutional, but also a citizen does not lose Constitutional protected rights while entering a checkpoint.

Citizen does not have to I.D. themselves unless they are being accused of committing a crime, this law DOES NOT CHANGE WHILE ENTERING A CHECKPOINT EVER. Most Lawyers will advise to give I.D. to expedite the process. I KNOW VERY WELL how you accumulated what YOU THINK IS THE LAW, because you were told throughout you're career you could do x, y & Z and you thought you're bosses were the legislatures or the framing founding Father's. I know it's a tough lesson to learn, but i call it a severe brainwashing you must cleanse yourself of. I have and am a better person who truly knows what freedooms we have. applying the law as intended will make society a better place and doesn't facilitate the criminal elimate.

If (as you say) are/were a LEO, when not if the time comes when you know you have a bad person, you will know what to do to achieve PC to take the necessary steps in such occassions.

You need to relearn the Fourth Amendment.

Checkpoint allows for L.E. to see inside a vehicle without opening doors or commanding a person to exit a vehicle, establish any equipment failures etc.

Then again i would not expect an alleged FBI agent o know any of the aforementioned. I've seen FBI personnel work checkpoints with locals (for whatever reasons) and they are simply lumps on logs, because they are out of jurisdiction and can't do a damn thing. If you got pimp slapped at one of you're coveted checkpoints a local would have to bring charges, not you…HaHa!

DHS has inserted agents at checkpoints only to desensitize local citizens and local LEO's to think it's normal for you to be on site, my opinion of course.

Tell me Rangers who is the most powerful LEO in the country?
    I graduated John Jay so I certainly took courses in constitutional law

4th amendment is unreasonable search / seizure

Obtaining I'D does not fall into that category if you are driving and at a checkpoint

Let's Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah fukk the police.

Sure you did

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah fukk the police.

Ghosts can't drive, Creature. STFU and pay opie, you broke dikk fukk.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The real question is... has anyone been at a Checkpoint before? I see all of these commercials on TV... I hear them on the radio... I've never witnessed a checkpoint before. Is this just used to scare us more? Are checkpoints on highways? Select exits? It must be the most horrible feeling in the world to be bombed... and heading into a checkpoint. You're like a sitting duck.

In Michigan I heard it's around $8,000 in court costs... legal fees... and fines if you're officially charged with a DUI

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I got news for you my friend, you are going to have some incompetence in every profession.
    I second that notion, and offer my own fck'n ass up as evidence......

Sincerely yours,

AD, esq.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Dui checkpoints are unconstitutional? Not when i went to lawschool.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Read the holding of MI v. Sitz.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

haha.... when i graduated, that case was pending........

First 12