Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2942

Quote Originally Posted by Burkina2008 View Post
    Haha...17 year old? are u even allowed to gamble?
    unlike yourself (who can't even afford to tip), I'm actually one of the top cappers on this site and bet actual money and not an air bettor or betpoints and have proved it by providing winning receipts from my offshore book!.......PS...if you ever need a loan to go visit the ghostbusters studio again, I will be more than happy to help out!...

Burkina2008
    Burkina2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    unlike yourself (who can't even afford to tip), I'm actually one of the top cappers on this site and bet actual money and not an air bettor or betpoints and have proved it by providing winning receipts from my offshore book!.......PS...if you ever need a loan to go visit the ghostbusters studio again, I will be more than happy to help out!...
    dude thanks for the offer but I only bet recreationally...I was lucky to be born with a golden spoon and I make more than enough for me and for my vices, the reason I dont tip is because I dont agree with it...

and good that you feel the need to explain how you are good at betting...truly american

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13340

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2942

dude thanks for the offer but I only bet recreationally...I was lucky to be born with a golden spoon and I make more than enough for me and for my vices, the reason I dont tip is because I dont agree with it...

and good that you feel the need to explain how you are good at betting...truly american
    much obliged!...

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

well the difference is that a cramped appartment 1 bedroom apartment in Munich, if I wanted to sell it, I could get 2 huge houses in Dallas

appartments in Europe are not more cramped than in Manhattan, but of course if you like to live in the suburbs or on a redneck midwest shithole, than Europe is not for you...get ur pick up truck and go get some milk...
    Nothing wrong with a pick up truck towing a huge boat to the lake.

To each their own.....you should really think about that one.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Lol hes in a american forum so ur majority is skewed
    Bottom line is, some things work for groups of people. Just because the majority does not agree, does not mean the system cannot work for others. It's a market. If it were a big deal, things would change...have fun fighting it/disagreeing. Seems like a fight that is not worth fighting, especially for those who do not even live in the US.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Again, says the loser who is LOOKING for the Ghostbusters building.

By the way, who the fuk really does that? Isn't Ghostbusters like 30+ years old? Who the fuk looks for that building?

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Again, says the loser who is LOOKING for the Ghostbusters building.

By the way, who the fuk really does that? Isn't Ghostbusters like 30+ years old? Who the fuk looks for that building?
    again only shows how retarded you are as it is one of the top100 landmarks to see in NY (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio..._New_York.html) ...but I understand that being uneducated and dumb is a trend of ur life...

btw are u on a pause of serving pie and coffee there in Montana?

NrmlCurvSurfr

Ok here's a great example of how gratuity is good for everyone involved...I visited an oil and gas co for lunch today. The caterer brought in the food and set up, took 5 min, guy was tipped 90usd. What restaurant is going to pay a caterer 90$ for about an hour of work? It's a great way for companies, with literally no budget(for lunch/etc), to put money directly back into the local economy. I know a guy that does catering that just bought a new G37s...wtf...but it goes to show that restaurants could never pay servers/caterers/etc, what they make in tips. As someone stated above, it gives the customer more control over the total cost and gives incentive for higher performance. These companies expect a high level of performance...even from the people delivering lunch. Tipping insures consistent performance and the big tippers are almost always given a higher level of service. I delivered pizzas in HS, I know first hand how that works. If I had a stack of orders in the same area(or not), best tippers first.
    Last edited by NrmlCurvSurfr; 07-24-14 at 01:56 PM. Reason: clarity

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    Ok here's a great example of how gratuity is good for everyone involved...I visited an oil and gas co for lunch today. The caterer brought in the food and set up, took 5 min, guy was tipped 90usd. What restaurant is going to pay a caterer 90$ for about an hour of work? It's a great way for companies, with literally no budget(for lunch/etc), to put money directly back into the local economy. I know a guy that does catering that just bought a new G37s...wtf...but it goes to show that restaurants could never pay servers/caterers/etc, what they make in tips. As someone stated above, it gives the customer more control over the total cost and gives incentive for higher performance. These companies expect a high level of performance...even from the people delivering lunch. Tipping insures consistent performance and the big tippers are almost always given a higher level of service. I delivered pizzas in HS, I know first hand how that works. If I had a stack of orders in the same area(or not), best tippers first.
    What you call better service for better tippers I call a shakedown

NrmlCurvSurfr

I dunno man. Those delivery drivers can't bill the pizza shop when their car breaks down. I'll tip the guy a few bucks so I don't have to spend the time or mileage on my car. That way my pizza doesn't cost 4$ more due to higher wages(which could never match the amount made in tips anyway)...like I said earlier, if it were a big deal, there would be change. Maybe we are witnessing the beginning of the revolution right here at Sbr!

One thing is true, Tipping in the US, provides for higher wages for server/delivery etc. If tipping is eliminated, wages(overall) drop and prices increase. With the lower wages will come a lower level of worker. Higher prices and lower level of service are not good for the consumer, employee, or the employer.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Also back when I was in the pizza game, those bigger tippers expected better service(hot fast etc), same with any tipping biz. It was more of a payoff than a shakedown. Same thing when you slide the bartender a bill and he let's you and your friends drink free all night.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Also back when I was in the pizza game, those bigger tippers expected better service(hot fast etc), same with any tipping biz. It was more of a payoff than a shakedown. Same thing when you slide the bartender a bill and he let's you and your friends drink free all night.

That's not a good argument for the tipping side being that all you are doing there is stealing from the owner.

Burkina2008

I dunno man. Those delivery drivers can't bill the pizza shop when their car breaks down. I'll tip the guy a few bucks so I don't have to spend the time or mileage on my car. That way my pizza doesn't cost 4$ more due to higher wages(which could never match the amount made in tips anyway)...like I said earlier, if it were a big deal, there would be change. Maybe we are witnessing the beginning of the revolution right here at Sbr!

One thing is true, Tipping in the US, provides for higher wages for server/delivery etc. If tipping is eliminated, wages(overall) drop and prices increase. With the lower wages will come a lower level of worker. Higher prices and lower level of service are not good for the consumer, employee, or the employer.
    This is not true, if you are not speaking about fast food, restuarants are overall cheaper in Europe than in the US (of course Swizerland, London and some Scandinavian cities are exceptions, but not by a large difference). So if here dining at a normal restaurant is cheaper, the employees have better salaries even taking into account that in the US people get the tips, the ones that really profit with this are the owner of the restaurants...

I can get that if you recieve fix income (not based on performance) the quality of the service might be worse. But I also feel actually sorry for these waiters just making anything possible to be nice and coming at ur table from 10 to 10 min to see if everything is fine... maybe its an european thing but here we dont lack people being servil, its annoying

Also the Pizza business by change I asked today the pizza guy how much he gets per hour (I catched the red eye back to munich, super jetlagged and without any will to go to the supermarket for groceries). He gets 10,70 euros and hour (14,50 USD), the gas and the car are paid by the restaurant. I paid for a medium pizza, 1,5 bottle of diet coke and a 500ml ice cream, 17,20 euros, which I rounded to 18 euros (25$). Like I said before I paid 24-25$ in both Chicago, Miami and in NJ including tip and without the ice cream.
    You said the guy in the US recieves a small base hour salary and has to pay for the car and the gas. In the end here i paid less, the worker recieves way more, probably even including tips, so the only ones winning with this system are the owners of the business, that exploit employees and costumers

NrmlCurvSurfr

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    [/COLOR]
    That's not a good argument for the tipping side being that all you are doing there is stealing from the owner.
    Stealing, lol same fuggin bar is probably skimping drunks and selling crap liquor out of top shelf bottles. I've seen so many bars(even nice spots) do that. I don't feel bad drinking on the house sometimes.

I like tipping because it can get you preferential treatment. That alone makes it a useful system. Price, cost, wages aside, I'd rather be able to tip.

smoke a bowl

Stealing, lol same fuggin bar is probably skimping drunks and selling crap liquor out of top shelf bottles. I've seen so many bars(even nice spots) do that. I don't feel bad drinking on the house sometimes.

I like tipping because it can get you preferential treatment. That alone makes it a useful system. Price, cost, wages aside, I'd rather be able to tip.
    As long as you realize that you and said bartender are stealing from the owner do your thing.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Aw now im feeling guilty...not really. I know someone who is reading this out of context will think I'm a prick but this world is filled with thieves(real ones). If getting comped drinks because I tip the bartender is the worst thing I do, I'm ok with that. Would you feel bad if a banker fudged some paperwork and gave you a better rate than you should have received? Does that make you and the banker thieves?, after all, that was the banks profit. People get hookups all the time in all industries. I just can't feel bad getting comped drinks.

Burkina2008

Aw now im feeling guilty...not really. I know someone who is reading this out of context will think I'm a prick but this world is filled with thieves(real ones). If getting comped drinks because I tip the bartender is the worst thing I do, I'm ok with that. Would you feel bad if a banker fudged some paperwork and gave you a better rate than you should have received? Does that make you and the banker thieves?, after all, that was the banks profit. People get hookups all the time in all industries. I just can't feel bad getting comped drinks.
    If he gives u a better quote that the bank allows he will be fired...they can give quotes within a range, the banker example is very poor but I understand your point. It does not mean that I dont agree in the end you are both colluding to steal...

smoke a bowl

My whole point here is that I'm on the side of "tipping is good" however your arguments for tipping are making me rethink my stance.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's for the economy

the majority of US jobs are in the service industry

The corporations don't want to pay a fair wage

so the the consumer pays the "fair wage"

just a clever way of the (government/United States of Corporations) to get you to pay service tax without lifting a finger is all.......

Class dismissed..........

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    It's for the economy

the majority of US jobs are in the service industry

The corporations don't want to pay a fair wage

so the the consumer pays

just a clever way of the government/United States of Corporations to get you to pay service tax without lifting a finger is all.......

Class dismissed..........
    We were here 159 posts ago sir. The debate is good or bad.

PAULYPOKER

There is no debate sir.....

NrmlCurvSurfr

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    My whole point here is that I'm on the side of "tipping is good" however your arguments for tipping are making me rethink my stance.
    Once people figure out that this world is full of handshakes and payoffs, they are better off. Yeah it doesn't seem fair at first. But from the pizza guy to the US president and beyond, people are "tipping" "donating" "contributing" "pledging"...I would call it maybe, Buying? Seems scummy but it's real and being in denial won't keep it from happening.

I tip people in the service industry, partly because yes, they are underpaid. BUT, I don't completely disagree that the customer should make up the difference. We are in fact, the ones benefiting from the service. I would rather have lower prices and be able to tip. Provides incentive for a high level of service and hey if it suck and you stiff(I never do that), the restaurant is responsible for paying min wage.

I feel like I'm going in circles here so, I'll end with this. If enough people stop tipping, there will be change. All I want to know is, who's going to man up and stop tipping everywhere you go? If you are completely against tipping, go out and stiff everyone and see how that goes! Peace brothers! Time to bake.

PAULYPOKER

Good for the service employees.....

Bad for the tight budget consumer...

But then again, if you're on a tight budget

You have no business living beyond your means..

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

It really doesn't make any difference what you think. If you come here and eat our food and don't tip, you're an asshole.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    America is the best country in the world and everyone wants to live here.
    You should feed off of that.
    And $5 a day is an exaggeration for tipping the cleaning lady in a hotel.
    If you're crying about tipping to begin with, there is ZERO chance you re tipping them that well.
    A buck or 2 is fine.
    It's a token of appreciation for a service you are getting.
    Americans appreciate things, and understand the struggle, bottom line.
    In euro-trash countries it's different.
    They are paid a shit ton more because the country as a whole isn't smart enough to take over a tipping system to help small business owners like ours.
    That's why your food is also 3-4 times as expensive at a decent joint.
    Then you get certain owners helping themselves to the tip jar.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-28-14 at 02:02 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I agree. I stopped tipping back in 2007.

It was my new years resolution.

I always write on the receipt "Oboma took my tip money"

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Ok I recently went back into the the service industry because I was terminated from my previous job which paid a set wage. I am a bellman at a nice 4 star hotel in NC. I bust my fukking ass for tips which in this hotel can be really good on a good night(over 100-150$) and shitty on a slow night (under 50).I make just a smidgen over minimum wage. I earn every goddam penny I make in tips and yes sometimes folks are really generous(another bellman got a 300$ tip last week) and sometimes I get stiffed for pulling up cars or carting 7 huge pieces of luggage to a room for 3 dollars. All in all its a good job and after having to take this job to provide for my family after filling out 50 applications in 3 months with 3 interviews I am grateful for this job. Its expected to tip for the services I provide. Not given if you feel like it. You pull a bellcart with 300 pounds of luggage around and not get pissed when some fukker driving a red Jag tips you 4 bucks when he is making 200k a year. Shut the fukk up.Would I prefer a wage of say 17-20 hr..maybe.But that would make the job boring and encourage the mediocre service and no chance of making that big gratuity.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I agree. I stopped tipping back in 2007.

It was my new years resolution.

I always write on the receipt "Oboma took my tip money"
    Hard to tip when you're broke....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: convick

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Hard to tip when you're broke....
    you ain't lying. Thats why i dont tip.

My ride clean but my gas tank is on E.. ya dig?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 446

So basically the reason the minimum wage is so low in the US is to make sure the workers get a tip for service offered. Nice kool aid they have been feeding you all these years. Sheep!

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Ok I recently went back into the the service industry because I was terminated from my previous job which paid a set wage. I am a bellman at a nice 4 star hotel in NC. I bust my fukking ass for tips which in this hotel can be really good on a good night(over 100-150$) and shitty on a slow night (under 50).I make just a smidgen over minimum wage. I earn every goddam penny I make in tips and yes sometimes folks are really generous(another bellman got a 300$ tip last week) and sometimes I get stiffed for pulling up cars or carting 7 huge pieces of luggage to a room for 3 dollars. All in all its a good job and after having to take this job to provide for my family after filling out 50 applications in 3 months with 3 interviews I am grateful for this job. Its expected to tip for the services I provide. Not given if you feel like it. You pull a bellcart with 300 pounds of luggage around and not get pissed when some fukker driving a red Jag tips you 4 bucks when he is making 200k a year. Shut the fukk up.Would I prefer a wage of say 17-20 hr..maybe.But that would make the job boring and encourage the mediocre service and no chance of making that big gratuity.

Perhaps you should have went to college and worked on a masters degree and you could be driving that red Jag instead of carrying its luggage.

Just because he makes good money, why do you think he should he have to give it to your dead ass?

You carry luggage..I could teach a chimp to do that. ZERO skills. You should be happy you received 4 dollars

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Perhaps you should have went to college and worked on a masters degree and you could be driving that red Jag instead of carrying its luggage.

Just because he makes good money, why do you think he should he have to give it to your dead ass?

You carry luggage..I could teach a chimp to do that. ZERO skills. You should be happy you received 4 dollars
    I honestly see both sides here. The guys works in a luxury hotel and it's proper to tip the man. But $4 for carrying some bags for a couple minutes doesn't seem too bad. What the guy tipping makes in his career is completely irrelevant.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So basically the reason the minimum wage is so low in the US is to make sure the workers get a tip for service offered. Nice kool aid they have been feeding you all these years. Sheep!
    Lol.....

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Lol @ people who think costs aren't passed to consumers anyway.

First ... 234567 Last